locations

steel6burgh

How many locations are in this game??  Do you really have to do every single question mark in the game?  I'm 40 hours in and I have spent probably 35 hours of that looting areas with question marks.  How is this fun?  Every time I finish a question mark I think 10 more appear.  this is bullshit.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

How many locations are in this game??  Do you really have to do every single question mark in the game?  I'm 40 hours in and I have spent probably 35 hours of that looting areas with question marks.  How is this fun?  Every time I finish a question mark I think 10 more appear.  this is bullshit.

What's the point of making this post since you know the answer? Just to bitch apparently. If you don't want to do it don't do it. There problem solved....

• Like 2

The sea and desert locations have very few question marks as mentioned. The best thing to do is to go to the major cities and viewpoints first. That seemed to make all the question marks spawn for me then I could plan a route. Every time I went to a new region during the story I cleared everything out before leaving. If you do all the question marks before the story the trophy won’t pop as there is an extra location you have to go to on the final mission. It’s not too bad though. I did every side quest along the way (143 quests total) and my game time was 60hours after the dlc. I have a friend who just did the plat (no extra quests) in 40hours

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

What's the point of making this post since you know the answer? Just to bitch apparently. If you don't want to do it don't do it. There problem solved....

Actually the question was how many locations are in this game and I don't know the answer.  Whats the problem?  FB warrior?

6 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Try not to get so triggered over an internet post lol just trying to tell you that you can get all this information your self by looking up a guide like most normal people do.

Really?  I can get information by looking it up?  Like maybe on the internet or something?  Maybe try google?  Thanks for the advice.  I wasn't asking anybody to look it up.  I was actually typing the post in humor.  Like damn "how many locations are in this?"  "every time I complete a question mark ten more pop up."  Sorry you didn't take it that way.  Often times when we type or write information it isn't interpreted the way it was meant.  a person shouldn't be attacked for expressing an opinion on this site or making a statement.  If I don't like something someone has to say I just move on from it and keep my comments to myself. 

IIRC there's a little over 400 from what I read. They populate like rabbits in the more congested areas as you take 5 steps or Sync an area and then like 5-10 question makers pop up on your map, but it does eventually reach a point where they stop springing up no matter which direction you go. Fortunately, there's a lot of dead space to the south in the deserts, with either a couple of locations or no locations at all, but the areas to the north near Alexandria or east towards Memphis and Giza are going to drive you bat shit insane.

Stick with it. I think the most maddening part was actually trying to find that one I missed which was the only thing left for the platinum, and thank god they added a feature where you can actually subtract the icons from the map to only display uncleared locations (still have to scour the map high and low to find it, and not zoomed out enough for the question mark to disappear which sucks, but eh...).

• Like 2

Just now, iamjax said:

IIRC there's a little over 400 from what I read. They populate like rabbits in the more congested areas as you take 5 steps or Sync an area and then like 5-10 question makers pop up on your map, but it does eventually reach a point where they stop springing up no matter which direction you go. Fortunately, there's a lot of dead space to the south in the deserts, with either a couple of locations or no locations at all, but the areas to the north near Alexandria or east towards Memphis and Giza are going to drive you bat shit insane.

Stick with it. I think the most maddening part was actually trying to find that one I missed which was the only thing left for the platinum, and thank god they added a feature where you can actually subtract the icons from the map to only display uncleared locations (still have to scour the map high and low to find it, and not zoomed out enough for the question mark to disappear which sucks, but eh...).

wow 400 thanks for the response.  I'm probably about half way then.

1 minute ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Wow really you already knew you could use the internet to find your answer instead of just using the internet to ask a stupid question? How about next you do that instead of making dumb posts.

i didn't know you could use the internet you told me.  Sarcasm.  Dude you must be about 12 or something.  i'm finished with this.  I'm sure you're going to want the last word so go fo it I'm finished.

21 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

wow 400 thanks for the response.  I'm probably about half way then.

Yup. Also, if you are level 40 -- keep in mind that there are no style points in this game for how you go about completing locations. I think my final platinum time was between 40-45 hours, as I was just literally rampaging through fortresses, bandit camps/caves, and simply going from one to the next guns/swords blazing. If you have a ton of low level garrisons or camps in an area, it might seem daunting, but the bulk of your time is traveling between the areas not actually completing them. You could get a high level garrison done in a literally a couple of minutes if you use a high level Senu to locate all your targets and treasures, and then you handle the rest and flee into the horizon with tons of guards chasing after you until they stop and make towards your next question mark.

Grand total, my clean up time was probably a little less than 10 hours (saved side quests for the DLC release since I had a feeling that they were going to raise the level cap), but I think that was because I wasn't nearly as diligent about keeping up with locations as I thought I initially was throughout the course of the story. It's cheap, and probably not the way the game is meant to be enjoyed, but eh, it was fun in a weird way.

• Like 1

The Roman towers were the only ones I felt are grindy. Even then, you can do each location under a minute. Just blitz right in, preferably during the night, kill the captain and loot the chest, escape. Location done. Also depending on your mentality, it is better to do the quests so you don't have to revisit certain camps, especially the big fortresses. Imo, this is a very reasonable plat and the completion rate reflects it, compared to say - Unity's map.

3 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

That is what happened when you play this game for trophies instead playing for fun. Go play soundshapes and my name os mayo, those games are your type

3 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

How is this fun?  Every time I finish a question mark I think 10 more appear.  this is bullshit.

Play it for fun not for trophies. Simple.

I'm curently at 26hrs played and going for the Lizard mission tonight. My strategy has been to do 1 quest, then do 2-4 'locations' nearby before allowing myself to do another quest. This way, I figure I'll have a very limited grind at the end of it.

This is surely a good tactic for 'progressing' anyway, as I'm lvl 26 at mo and the lizard level in front of me is only lvl 21 recommended. I'm certainly not having trouble with any of the quests.

As a final note, take a look around the map for a second. Why rush a game like this?

• Like 1

No and this is my point.  If you're going to have a AAA game why not make it with more meaningful content then running around looting locations for 40 hrs while actually playing missions for a fraction of that time.? Shouldn't it be the other way around?  I personally don't get why the game is considered to be so great.   Typical ubisoft open world where every enemy is the same and you go around uncovering question marks.  This guy tells me I should play mayo.  1st off its no harder than mayo just longer. 2nd,  It's just about as boring as clicking the mayo jar I'm sure.  Sure the open world is big and beautiful and the game has some bright points but it is typical Ubisoft open world not all that different from far cry at all.  It has about 200 side quests go talk to this guy and run over here and talk to that guy and go retrieve some trinket for this guy.  Lol.  It's a better version of Far Cry Primal at best.  The game presents absolutely no challenge other than as another person stated trying to find that last question mark on the map. 

11 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

No and this is my point.  If you're going to have a AAA game why not make it with more meaningful content then running around looting locations for 40 hrs while actually playing missions for a fraction of that time.? Shouldn't it be the other way around?  I personally don't get why the game is considered to be so great.   Typical ubisoft open world where every enemy is the same and you go around uncovering question marks.  This guy tells me I should play mayo.  1st off its no harder than mayo just longer. 2nd,  It's just about as boring as clicking the mayo jar I'm sure.  Sure the open world is big and beautiful and the game has some bright points but it is typical Ubisoft open world not all that different from far cry at all.  It has about 200 side quests go talk to this guy and run over here and talk to that guy and go retrieve some trinket for this guy.  Lol.  It's a better version of Far Cry Primal at best.  The game presents absolutely no challenge other than as another person stated trying to find that last question mark on the map. 

I'm an Assassin's Creed fan for years, and AC Origins is a great refresh for the series, cant stop playing, already have 50 hours and looking for more missions to do and places to go. If you came to this game, because it is 3/10 platinum ofc you will talk about griding, when you don't play for fun and only for trophies that's is what happens. So same advice keep playing easy games with no griding.

• Like 2

I spent a good 35-40 hours in Origins and will likely go back to it again to finish some of the side missions and the DLC. I was a bit upset I wasn't leveling up after I got to 40 but I loved finding new locations and re-discovering them. A new question mark? My first reaction was "what did I miss?". The details they put into each location are incredible 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Terra said:

I spent a good 35-40 hours in Origins and will likely go back to it again to finish some of the side missions and the DLC. I was a bit upset I wasn't leveling up after I got to 40 but I loved finding new locations and re-discovering them. A new question mark? My first reaction was "what did I miss?". The details they put into each location are incredible 

Glad to see someone like me for once. 

On 2/14/2018 at 9:40 PM, steel6burgh said:

I personally found the question marks more enjoyable than the main story. There's so many enemy camps to explore and I loved going to them and attempting to 100% them as stealthily as I could. Tbh, I got bored of the side quests in Origins save for a few. This was the complete opposite for me with Witcher 3 where I loved every side quest, but loathed the question marks.

On 2/15/2018 at 10:10 PM, Warlord99956 said:

You could put it on nightmare difficulty if you want it to be challenging or stop playing the game all together if you don’t like it

Nightmare difficulty isn't much of a challenge once you get used to it, especially once you have everything maxed out. I'd equate it to Death March in Witcher 3.

3 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

Nightmare difficulty isn't much of a challenge once you get used to it, especially once you have everything maxed out. I'd equate it to Death March in Witcher 3.

True but it’s still more challenging than easy. On easy you can just run up to an enemy and kill them in 1-2hits when you are maxed. Nightmare with enemy auto level turned on makes you work a bit harder!

If a trophy doesn’t make sense, don’t get it. I platinum almost every game i get unless it’s dumb. To me the platinum of dark souls isn’t worth farming those convenant items for hours on end. So I just don’t do it, even if it sits at 91, don’t care. 

The minute you start bitching about a trophy, you stop having fun with the games. You called people keyboard warrior when you were the one acting like one the entire time, pointing fingers when you just have to look at a mirror. People laughed at you because they are trophy guide for every single game out there. 

Personally i thought the location were fun and easy to complete. If you use the eagle, you can finish every location in less than a minute. The problem is, people don’t know how to use it or even knew they could until after they are done. 

Again, that type of trophy is just get stuff, it’s not like jrpg that ask you to do 8000 repetition of something, like tales of berseria, I didn’t even bother.

• Like 2