Digital version of Demon Souls in Asia?

backagain23

Looking to platinum Demon souls in Asia region. 2 questions:

1- which psn region do I need to create? I tried Hong Kong and demon souls was not on ps store. 

2- which region will allow me to PURCHASE a digital version of demon souls in Asia region? I can't buy a physical copy because my ps3 disc drive doesn't read games anymore and I have to buy digital versions of ps3 games. 

thanks guys!

15 minutes ago, backagain23 said:

Looking to platinum Demon souls in Asia region. 2 questions:

1- which psn region do I need to create? I tried Hong Kong and demon souls was not on ps store. 

2- which region will allow me to PURCHASE a digital version of demon souls in Asia region? I can't buy a physical copy because my ps3 disc drive doesn't read games anymore and I have to buy digital versions of ps3 games. 

thanks guys!

You need a Japan account. A buddy let me use his. Good luck navigating the store though. No English option and Google translate is little help in that regard. 

• Like 1

What you want is the Chinese version! :) It has English voice and text. The text differs a little bit here and there between NA/EU and the Chinese version, but mostly the same or similar, same voices etc.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

On 2/19/2018 at 0:19 AM, backagain23 said:

On 2/23/2018 at 5:36 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Are you committed to buying it digitally? I bought a physical Japanese copy some time ago for cheap.

I would say backagain23 is pretty committed. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 3:21 AM, backagain23 said:

Wow thanks man.super helpful for real. I'm guessing I won't be able to buy it digitally...maybe psnow will let me rent it in China or south Korea for like 30 days or something. 

I would honestly just try to get the Chinese physical version, which you could resell later. :) 

Edited by MMDE

I don't know if it is available on the Chinese and Korean PSn Stores or not but you can rule getting it on these two regions

1) Korean Accounts require an IPIN which is basically a Social Security Number, so unless you live in Korea, you can't get these.

2) Chinese Accounts you can create, but after researching a lot, you cannot fund these accounts due to there being no "Yuan" PSN cards out there, so unless you have a Chinese credit card you're out of luck.

Just a heads up :)

• Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 5:41 AM, giggedy said:

Did no one else read where he said his disk drive doesn't read games anymore?

They did, but if it's not digital, he literally has no other option, does he?

Edited by Nitro
  • Like 1

If OP is still interested in doing this after the server shutdown I'd say just get the Japanese version. Like others have said it's not that big of a deal for text, and even if you need to look at material types you can just compare pictures to one of the wikis, as they have pictures of them all. As long as you're making sure to immediately take and dupe every soul and materials you get (if that was your intention) then it should be fine. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2018 at 9:54 PM, backagain23 said:

Yeah I'm pretty bummed, I bought a ps3 with a broken disc drive.....so it sounds like I will not be able to obtain a digital version of Demon Souls in China/Japan. Thanks everyone. Keep Gaming!  

Actually, I read they have it on PSN Now in Japan. :P