Is it worth it/possible to still Platinum this game?

CristianX-97

anyone able to get a link whee EA claims to shut all ps3 servers in june?  it is kind of the shitty middle ground right now where i don't know whether to continue or just throw in the towel.

7 hours ago, Tomy_IV said:

Im kinda happy pros back in the day is playing it now. The servers have been full for a week now. Gotten 2000 kills in just week so good for that trophy. But the Awards yeah I spent 3 weeks on 5 heli kills in 1 round damn that was hard too do. Cuz the russian helis doesnt count

haha, m-c83 told me this today in party chat when you pm'd him.  you must be crazy good to get 2k kills a week.  i know the other night you stabbed me to death you bastard! :D   

i get wrecked online and it seems like bullets don't register for me.  i have never done better than like 6kills 12 deaths in a round :(  seems like people magically appear behind me and stab me or i get killed by someone out of sight.  i was proud just being able to get a legit repair award tonight.

Edited by ImStylinOnYaBro
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

After an hour of attempts, it still says for me "Failed to Connect to EA Servers." Yet another US account I use for boosting can connect just fine. 

that is rather strange.  i have had it happen one time, as well as my mates a time or two.   although, the next time they would try to log on it worked fine.

On 3/4/2018 at 2:21 AM, Floriiss said:

I'd say you've got a fair shot at it. Especially with multiple systems.. that definitely gives you the upper hand when it comes down to boosting the wildcards. Like mentioned before some of the wildcards do require more than 4 players so that might be an issue, but other than that you shouldn't have too much trouble with getting the remaining ones.

Personally I wouldn't recommend grinding the 10.0002 kills out. It seems such a hassle trying to get a full lobby with boosters and it's a lot more fun when doing it the normal way. If you're good at the game you can get around 50-70 kills each round. Back in the day I was able to rack up somewhere around 500-1000 kills on a single day. But then the servers were a lot more crowded and chances are that only veterans play it nowadays.. 

Luckily, in most cases, EA announced their server shutdowns several months beforehand. I'd say this platinum can be obtained in several weeks if you'd go all in for it.

50-70 kills? LOL even god players dont even get 50 kills every round, 20 and 30 kills and maybe even 40 if you're having a blast in that match.

my best match ever in terms of KD where i got 46/12 and 50/16. the 50/16 because i spawn killed alot of enemies that round and i was mowing everyone with the NS2000

On 3/4/2018 at 5:09 AM, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

anyone able to get a link whee EA claims to shut all ps3 servers in june?  it is kind of the shitty middle ground right now where i don't know whether to continue or just throw in the towel.

haha, m-c83 told me this today in party chat when you pm'd him.  you must be crazy good to get 2k kills a week.  i know the other night you stabbed me to death you bastard! :D   

i get wrecked online and it seems like bullets don't register for me.  i have never done better than like 6kills 12 deaths in a round :(  seems like people magically appear behind me and stab me or i get killed by someone out of sight.  i was proud just being able to get a legit repair award tonight.

dont worry bro. EA wont shut down BFBC this year. EA always makes sure their AAA online services are good to go 95% of the time. EA also once said that it really cares about the Battlefield Franchise and it always try to keep it as alive as possible.

your biggest threat is I am Bad Company! 

if you can get this then you gotta put alot of energy to get the plat.

but if you get all the awards then you're simply 1 step away from the plat.

Just now, SniperEliteDido said:

50-70 kills? LOL even god players dont even get 50 kills every round, 20 and 30 kills and maybe even 40 if you're having a blast in that match.

Yes. My highest amount of kills in one game was around 67 or 68 iirc. In Gold Rush you can actually spawn camp the enemy team. With a LMG or Helicopter you can rap up kills really fast. It's not easy and didnt happen often, but it's certainly possible.

Now that I look back at it I've earned Full Deck wildcard 4-5 times legit during my playtime. So maybe 50-70 isn't realistic every round, but certainly once in a while. Really depends on the map you're playing tbh. Getting 40-50 kills each round is definitely doable though.

7 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Yes. My highest amount of kills in one game was around 67 or 68 iirc. In Gold Rush you can actually spawn camp the enemy team. With a LMG or Helicopter you can rap up kills really fast. It's not easy and didnt happen often, but it's certainly possible.

Now that I look back at it I've earned Full Deck wildcard 4-5 times legit during my playtime. So maybe 50-70 isn't realistic every round, but certainly once in a while. Really depends on the map you're playing tbh. Getting 40-50 kills each round is definitely doable though.

nahhh, 40-50 kills isnt doable really. 20-40 kills is doable but 40 is so over. 

have you played BFBC recently? i get a 1/10 a 40 kills+ match because im really very good at the game. like really really good.

nahhh, 40-50 kills isnt doable really. 20-40 kills is doable but 40 is so over. 

have you played BFBC recently? i get a 1/10 a 40 kills+ match because im really very good at the game. like really really good.

Recently? No. I haven't played ever since. Last time I played was 5 years ago.. Like I said before chances are there are more Veterans nowadays which could definitely make it harder.

It really depends on the map you're playing. Usually the bigger maps gained me a lot more kills, but that's mainly because those matches lasted a lot longer. I don't know what game mode you're playing, but I never played Conquest. Gold Rush is the way to go in terms of making kills.

Spoiler

I really hate to say this, because it feels like braging in some way, but just to make things more clear: I was really good at the game too. In fact FPS games is what I'm best at and there has even been a time where I was among the top 50 best players in Europe for a very populair FPS game called Overwatch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Recently? No. I haven't played ever since. Last time I played was 5 years ago.. Like I said before chances are there are more Veterans nowadays which could definitely make it harder.

It really depends on the map you're playing. Usually the bigger maps gained me a lot more kills, but that's mainly because those matches lasted a lot longer. I don't know what game mode you're playing, but I never played Conquest. Gold Rush is the way to go in terms of making kills.

Reveal hidden contents

I really hate to say this, because it feels like braging in some way, but just to make things more clear: I was really good at the game too. In fact FPS games is what I'm best at and there has even been a time where I was among the top 50 best players in Europe for a very populair FPS game called Overwatch.

i hate to break it to you. but really ALOT has been changed from 5 years and now. but still i respect your opinion. 

i actually found the smaller maps like Ascension and Over and out more rewarding if you're very skilled and you know the spawn points of the map.

and its okay for me to brag. i mean i started it because BFBC was my last BF to 100% on the PS3 and i played more than 2000 hours across all BFs before BFBC. 

it all comes down to personal experience.

Edited by SniperEliteDido
  • Like 1

i hate to break it to you. but really ALOT has been changed from 5 years and now. but still i respect your opinion. 

i actually found the smaller maps like Ascension and Over and out more rewarding if you're very skilled and you know the spawn points of the map.

Woops my bad.. seems like you're right. I just red something about the maximum of 4 servers at a time? That could definitely make it harder yes. Once again I'm telling things from my perspective.. but seems like my information is outdated haha. I should really keep up with the changes before making a suggestion/giving my opinion on something the next time lmao. 

19 hours ago, Floriiss said:

Woops my bad.. seems like you're right. I just red something about the maximum of 4 servers at a time? That could definitely make it harder yes. Once again I'm telling things from my perspective.. but seems like my information is outdated haha. I should really keep up with the changes before making a suggestion/giving my opinion on something the next time lmao. 

nah its all good. your opinion isn't not allowed here. 

i could just say 70% of the players are players in the top 200 leaderboards with over 100K kills and each one played the game for at very least 2000 hours. and there are alot of god players with their invincible helis and skilled /quick scopers across the game. other players which are newbies/noobs who present about 20% of the total players. the other 10% are average players.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I'm certain I practically gave up on this one for good (was still debating it before) . As much as I want the entire series on my account, I just don't think I have the mental capacity and energy/strength to deal with this monster of a Platinum. I need to be realistic and realize there's plenty of other games that much better deserve my time and energy than BFBC1. I'd rather do BF:HL's 40,000 DLC kills again then put up with 10002 kills of this primal shooter. 

i put 2k hours into this game, i was in the top 100 leaderboards and played with the top people everyday back then. last i checked i was 300 i think and most the top people were the same. havent played it in years. the downfall of this game was quickscoping it killed the community off. when bf3 came out they took away the website leaderboards for this game which made alot of people stop playing. they also decided to downgrade the servers, things were lagging badly, maps were crashing. im almost positive they did it on purpose because alot of people werent moving from bfbc1 to bfbc2, but bfbc2 grabbed the cod fanbase so it wasnt a huge deal yet, but when bf3 came out and they saw people still playing the previous 2 games way more then they wanted them to they started adjusting it to be a miserable experience. i played that game 2 years straight everyday nonstop so 100k kills came naturally. after i quit that game thats when i started leaning more into trophies. another thing that makes that plat so rare is that game came out before trophies. trophies were patched in. so the platinum wasnt popping for people. sony and dice were actually forcefully platting it for a few people. i got lucky and mine popped. but tons of people never got the plat that should of. one of the harder thing to get was the one savior award i think it was called which you needed for all awards. i guess boosting it might be easier. but when i got it legit it took me way over a year. knife fights use to be fun to kill boredom. you could crash ea's servers sometimes and shut down other titles if you duplicated mines and laid down over 1,000 of them and exploded them. since other titles run on the same server as that one you could knock your friends offline sometimes that were playing other ea games as well as yourself once you ignited 1k landmines and all that data went flying lol. i dont think i ever had more fun then that game since then. met alot of people worldwide. had alot of fun 2 v 2 matches that lasted over a hour. playing against the best players worldwide and studying their techniques and beating them at it. 

• Like 1