The Council Reveal Trailer

the_game_nerd

The trailer really doesn't tell you anything about what kind of game this is. Apparently it's a Telltale-style game where your choices actually matter. There are some unique systems that aren't well explained for now but the trophies give us a glimpse of those. Could definitely be interesting. I'll probably wait until episode 2 is released before I decide whether or not to try this one. 

• Like 1

I'm all in on this one - genre/story look in my wheelhouse, but most especially... My recently deceased mom was Elizabeth Adams. See the trophy Motherly Embrace, which is to get *Elizabeth Adams* to reveal her past to you. Seriously, the odds of a character having that same name...? Well, I ain't run into it before - but having the fricken trophy entitled Motherly Embrace goes beyond the pale, to the point I feel the devs stalked me or something.

Only ? I have? All release info, including this trailer, cite a February release date. Except... It's now March, and a few days in, at that. When is Episode 1 releasing?

Also, any word on a release schedule for those episodes? Clearly, this delayed/February 2018 nonsense ain't a great sign there - but are we looking at monthly, quarterly, or "this game may never be fully released" sorta deal? 

Obviously, I *REALLY* want/need to get to that Motherly Embrace trophy content - and there isn't even any clear indication I see as to what episode it takes place in, or the split of trophies v. episodes.

• Like 1

The new trailer actually looks really cool; they made the entire adventure game genre work in an RPG fashion. 

I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for this, it's looking more special than I had anticipated, and this could turn out to be not only a gem, but perhaps a gamechanger in the narrative adventure genre...

On 10/03/2018 at 7:33 AM, Coladar said:

11 people now have the game on PSNProfiles, but it ain't up on the US store as of 3/10/18 at 2am Eastern... What's up with that? What region *does* in fact have it just now, so I can get into playing it ASAP?!

Those of us who have it are on strict embargos and can't talk about the game until the 13th at 9am (GMT) - technically, you can't play it until Tuesday if you're not playing it for review. The only thing I can say is that it's worth the wait until Tuesday :)

On 3/9/2018 at 11:42 PM, QuentinCle95 said:

The new trailer actually looks really cool; they made the entire adventure game genre work in an RPG fashion. 

I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for this, it's looking more special than I had anticipated, and this could turn out to be not only a gem, but perhaps a gamechanger in the narrative adventure genre...

Oh that explains why the characters are so ugly, its ze french.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Did this game release today in the US because I can't find it on the Playstation Store. 

It's out over here in the UK so it should be on US PSN today - might be later on though?

Getting pretty awesome ratings atm - most are above 90% - we gave it 95% over on squareXO.co.uk - I've played the game three times now and each time I'm seeing new things and doing different events based on what skills I've levelled up and who I've interacted with previously. 

On 3/11/2018 at 8:35 AM, turniplord said:

Those of us who have it are on strict embargos and can't talk about the game until the 13th at 9am (GMT) - technically, you can't play it until Tuesday if you're not playing it for review. The only thing I can say is that it's worth the wait until Tuesday :)

Awesome, just got it... Can't wait! I mean, I seriously find the whole Elizabeth Adams/Motherly Embrace deal freaking bizarre, to me. Still convinced the Devs stalked me or something along those lines - my mom, Elizabeth Adams, died two years ago. So clearly, this game is something incredibly special/ridiculously absurd for me personally. Excited to play it, and, with their season pass/two days early deal, I guess next time around I'll be joining you in the early access for episodes thing. Thanks again for the info!

On 4.3.2018 at 7:14 AM, Coladar said:

Obviously, I *REALLY* want/need to get to that Motherly Embrace trophy content - and there isn't even any clear indication I see as to what episode it takes place in, or the split of trophies v. episodes.

You'll be happy to know all Elizabeth Adams trophies are in the currently available Episode 1. In fact, all trophies that ask you to do something specific outside of "use/don't use consumables", "complete episode/quest" or "reach level/max skill" are specific to Episode 1. The current maximum trophy percentage is 62% so you can end up having every trophy except for the platinum trophy, the trophy for level 15, and the trophies for completing quests 5-15 and completing episodes 2-5.

On 15/03/2018 at 3:43 AM, Coladar said:

Awesome, just got it... Can't wait! I mean, I seriously find the whole Elizabeth Adams/Motherly Embrace deal freaking bizarre, to me. Still convinced the Devs stalked me or something along those lines - my mom, Elizabeth Adams, died two years ago. So clearly, this game is something incredibly special/ridiculously absurd for me personally. Excited to play it, and, with their season pass/two days early deal, I guess next time around I'll be joining you in the early access for episodes thing. Thanks again for the info!

That's crazy! Not even just that she shares the same name but the name of the trophy as well!