Gold Crown Lavasioth

1 hour ago, dark69knight said:

Am not exactly sure about the exact small and giant count cuz am on work right now but all i know is there are 10 monsters need grind for crowns

all monsters in Rotten Vale and Elder's Recess plus Black Diablos with Bazelgeuse

and i am at 400 hours game play i think i have the worst luck ever right 263a.png

Wow 400 hrs. I am at 8 crowns left with 204hrs playtime

On 3/8/2018 at 0:44 AM, abhinandhan22 said:

How many crowns do you have left?

Yeah the second lavasioth large silver crown i got was from the smaller looking lavasioth but the size was bigger. 

Just because you guys think the lavasioth looks smaller doesn't mean it actually is if youve been measuring them dumb long like myself I can see the difference between silver crown and gold crown it's not just a random number it gives you in the end game screen

8 minutes ago, xSubjectX420 said:

Just because you guys think the lavasioth looks smaller doesn't mean it actually is if youve been measuring them dumb long like myself I can see the difference between silver crown and gold crown it's not just a random number it gives you in the end game screen

So how exactly did you measure a small one, and what surface you used, because his nest one seems irregular

I'll gladly post my video here whenever I get this stupid one, lavasioth and jirros are the last 2 I need for the plat and I can't stand lavasioth anymore.

He's easily the second one I hate the most after the easy one Bazel. This grind is somewhat tolerable because I have all types of my main charge blades, meaning I can somewhat finish him off in 10 minutes with the water based charged blades. 

26 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

I'll gladly post my video here whenever I get this stupid one, lavasioth and jirros are the last 2 I need for the plat and I can't stand lavasioth anymore.

He's easily the second one I hate the most after the easy one Bazel. This grind is somewhat tolerable because I have all types of my main charge blades, meaning I can somewhat finish him off in 10 minutes with the water based charged blades. 

I need both as well for the trophies. Wanna go for it together? I shall add you

On 08/03/2018 at 1:29 PM, nyonmyan said:

This is the edge case, apparently. My Lavadude was somewhat smaller (my head was a bit above vertical mark's bottom) and yet he gave me the gold.

Fought so many of them whwre my head was a bit above the vert msrks bottom and i got nothing. Literally the last crown I need. Super frustrated

I got the mini last night finally after 70 kills. Lavasioth, dodogama and great girros are the three monsters I've killed the most and yet still missing a crown. I think it's the games payback for gettng both crowns on 7 other monsters in less than 20 kills. Dodo and lavasioth are off giggling at me taking a lava bath.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Fought so many of them whwre my head was a bit above the vert msrks bottom and i got nothing. Literally the last crown I need. Super frustrated

Try restarting the game, it might change the loot table.

15 hours ago, davidstubbs said:

What were your investigation parameters for the Lavasioth?

Alright I'm home here's the quest I got my giant lavasioth.

7 star

Capture quest

Faint 2 times

4 player

15300 zenny

30 min

Silver silver gold gold

Upsurge amber deposits

Good luck hopefully we will be done grinding soon

Also the spreadsheet that's floating around here said he got both mini and giant lavasioth in different capture quests. So maybe focusing on them will help you out.

Edited by cjl73185
More information

18 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

So what's actually the best way to go about hunting for crowns? Do you just do random missions until you get monsters that give crowns or is there a way of telling which missions have them?

Normally I like searching 1 to 2 faints, triple monsters and high rewards couple silver/gold also tempered quest are a great spot.

• Like 1

Tips for small Lavasioth:

- Shock trap him then your character will cover 3/4 of the vertical mark

- Use the holes that he looks through when he is swimming in the lava. If he is small he wont surpass them with the head when looking. The bottom right hole, he will be even a bit lower than the surface.

On 3/9/2018 at 8:00 AM, BlackTorito said:

So how exactly did you measure a small one, and what surface you used, because his nest one seems irregular

I measured at the exact spot he lands when he jumps out of the lava and slides across the ground he lands in the same place every time.. in my shock trap