Trophy thoughts?

RedSkyKing

53 minutes ago, RedSkyKing said:

It seems pretty grindy but, I don't know, maybe it won't be that bad. 

I honestly know nothing about the game, but the art style intrigued me.

What do you guys think?

50 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

1f60b.png Looks easy enough to platinum them bad boys on my trophy whore collection.

Might as well link the HK/JP version of "Trophy Thoughts" over here as the trophy list is exactly the same for both. It's also a bit more active.

Keep in mind that not only is this game grindy. It requires skill. There are missions that will tear your soul apart if you're not prepared, esp this one in which you need to beat in order to acquire the "DJ Alpha Resigns"-:bronze: :

^ People familiar with DJMAX Technika TUNE and XONiC will know what I'm talking about when it comes to challenges

@RedSkyKing: If you want to play it more 'casually' and want to look cool at the same time, you can always try my style of gameplay ;)

Also, this game has lot's of DLC's prepped. To those completionists out there, get your wallets ready :P

Edited by K_Groove_NL
Updated post

18 minutes ago, Katt said:

I just want to play that mission where you need to put a mirror underneath the TV for easy mode lol

?

Remember this mission from the Trilogy DLC? It totally caught me off-guard as the song progresses... ?

Edited by K_Groove_NL

12 minutes ago, K_Groove_NL said:

Remember this mission from the Trilogy DLC?

nope, because I have never played this game.

Just imagine my anxiety since July 2017.

And now, I don't have a PS4, but I do have really good friends who can let me play this game, at least for a couple hours.

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K_Groove_NL said:

Might as well link the HK/JP version of "Trophy Thoughts" over here as the trophy list is exactly the same for both. It's also a bit more active.

Keep in mind that not only is this game grindy. It requires skill. There are missions that will tear your soul apart if you're not prepared, esp this one in which you need to beat in order to acquire the "DJ Alpha Resigns"-:bronze: :

^ People familiar with DJMAX Technika TUNE and XONiC will know what I'm talking about when it comes to challenges

Not required anymore because of the DLC (which I believe the devs have said all currently released DLC will release for the western version within the first month). Still not easy by any means but not required to be done the hard way

6 hours ago, Gage said:

Not required anymore because of the DLC (which I believe the devs have said all currently released DLC will release for the western version within the first month). Still not easy by any means but not required to be done the hard way

True, but it does require you to purchase DLC's if you want to do it the (ch)easy way...

Spoiler

shut_up_and_take_my_money___by_slyfan103

Before the DLC, the lot of us were struggling to get our hands on that elusive trophy. Not to mention that you have to grind your way through levels just to get to the AI mission.

I managed to get it legit after hitting level 120+ orso. The friggin' AI has beast accuracy, so those looking for a challenge, good luck! ?

Edited by K_Groove_NL

40 minutes ago, Skadoki said:

So, a question for series veterans - how hard are some of the end-game songs on the scale of 10?

I'll definitely get this game when it'll go on sale, just want to mentally prepare myself :)

(preface, I'm not a series vet but I've played a lot of rhythm games). You don't need to do them for trophies, but IMO if you actually had to do all missions and 100% the game for the plat this would probably be the second hardest ps4 plat skill wise behind Necrodancer. Actually doing the plat on its own is a 9/10, doing it with the DLC is probably a 6 or 7/10. Learning the game if you've not played these before takes a lot of time (I'm shithouse at 5 button, screws me up mentally) so that's a big part of it. Just doing the plat requirement if you buy the dlc is pretty managable considering the overall required time investment for the grind trophies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gage said:

You don't need to do them for trophies, but IMO if you actually had to do all missions and 100% the game for the plat this would probably be the second hardest ps4 plat skill wise behind Necrodancer. Actually doing the plat on its own is a 9/10, doing it with the DLC is probably a 6 or 7/10. Learning the game if you've not played these before takes a lot of time (I'm shithouse at 5 button, screws me up mentally) so that's a big part of it.

Interesting, how do DLCs help with trophy requirements?

I see what you mean, the first thing I noticed was a rather unusual button mapping (left, up & triangle, circle).

1 hour ago, Gage said:

IMO if you actually had to do all missions and 100% the game for the plat this would probably be the second hardest ps4 plat skill wise behind Necrodancer.

Aahhh, Necrodancer - the only game that I really want to play on my main account but definitely know that I'll never manage to plat it :( 

1 hour ago, Skadoki said:

Interesting, how do DLCs help with trophy requirements?

I see what you mean, the first thing I noticed was a rather unusual button mapping (left, up & triangle, circle).

That video linked in the third post is what the main game requirement for DJ Alpha Resigns is, but there's a mission that's included in the Trilogy DLC that also counts for it that's much easier. That's why the Asian release isn't UR basically, because before  the dlc released that trophy and the plat was between 1 - 2% rarity. 

The missions from the dlc also count toward the 50 missions cleared trophy AFAIK, so more dlc = less main game missions required. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gage said:

That video linked in the third post is what the main game requirement for DJ Alpha Resigns is, but there's a mission that's included in the Trilogy DLC that also counts for it that's much easier. That's why the Asian release isn't UR basically, because before  the dlc released that trophy and the plat was between 1 - 2% rarity. 

The missions from the dlc also count toward the 50 missions cleared trophy AFAIK, so more dlc = less main game missions required. 

I see, thanks for the information. I guess it's nice to have a backup option of buying additional DLCs if I'll find that the game is too hard to handle ?

Ended up buying it again since I thought the English version would be a little bit different from the Asia version. boy was i wrong

Trophies aren't impossible, just super grindy and occasionally difficult if you can't really get the buttons down. I just gotta get used to the button placements on the controller. I know you can switch them out, but then the screen doesn't tell you what button is for what column which screws me up royally.. lol. I mean in the end it just takes time getting used to, but I'm also really happy they decided to localize it though.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2018 at 5:21 PM, Gage said:

Which mission is it? I want to know if I can beat it before buying the DLC... 

15 hours ago, K_Groove_NL said:

Unless I'm missing something, I just see the SSS mission from the base game, which I know I'm not going to have the time to get good enough to beat (this is my first DJMax game besides Technika Tune which doesn't count). What about the DLC mission that apparently counts for the  trophy? 

7 minutes ago, Trigonometrize said:

Unless I'm missing something, I just see the SSS mission from the base game, which I know I'm not going to have the time to get good enough to beat (this is my first DJMax game besides Technika Tune which doesn't count). What about the DLC mission that apparently counts for the  trophy? 

I don't remember the name exactly, but the mission is extremely lenient. I hadn't really started actively doing 5/6/8 button and I managed to flounder my way through it on my second attempt at it. If you don't get a response before I'll double check when I'm home from work and see if there's a video posted of it. 

1 hour ago, Trigonometrize said:

All the DLC's, except the Guilty Gear & Technika 1 DLC's has (IMO) pretty easy AI missions.

Keep in mind, if you are a completionist and a casual player (esp. if you can't beat the base game's mission AI), you will def. in for a tough ride achieving that 100% on the DLC trophy pack itself ;)

Edited by K_Groove_NL
Engrish ,_,

2 hours ago, K_Groove_NL said:

All the DLC's, except the Guilty Gear & Technika 1 DLC's has (IMO) pretty easy AI missions.

Keep in mind, if you are a completionist and a casual player (esp. if you can't beat the base game's mission AI), you will def. in for a tough ride achieving that 100% on the DLC trophy pack itself ;)

I mainly just go for platinums, and I don't feel too guilty about cheesing out the platinum when the "30 max combos with level 10 or higher" trophy is already testing my skills quite a bit. 

Though who knows. I feel like I've gotten pretty good at the game relatively quickly. I went from 0 to this, so in a year's time maybe I'll be able to get all the trophies. 

Edited by Trigonometrize

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Crzy Minus said:

Okay, so what is the DLC called exactly and how does it make the plat more easy?

This:

On 6-3-2018 at 1:21 AM, Gage said:

Or you can do it without the DLC and obtain it the normal way, which only a handfull such as myself manage to beat:

12 minutes ago, Crzy Minus said:

is it in the North American version of the game?

Yes ?