Trophy hunter here. Hi everyone

Trophessional

Hi I'm new to Playstation! I like the trophies so much!

I don't have much time and money though to rank myself up properly, so I want to be a completist, playing only long and hard games. No PS Vita games hahaha!

My first attempts will be: 

Xcom2 100%

Witcher 3 100%

Doom 100%

Fifa 18 100%

Divinity Original Sin 100%

Warframe 100%

Mass Effect Andromeda 100%

Rise of the Tomb Raider 100%

Horizon Zero Dawn 100%

If you are doing any of these games, or games along the line, add me on PSN. But please don't, if you have many junk trophy games (many! I mean that you actively grind for them) like Hannah Montana! Amassing such junk platinum trophies is discouraging for someone who doesn't have the means to cheese trophies!

After all, hunters don't hunt chickens! ;)

Edited by Trophessional
  • Like 3

Thank you for messing up my introduction. No I'm not a troll, but now you made me look like one. 

I invited friends with the same attitude. Don't be offended if you have a different attitude. 

I do not like junk trophy games, period (not the people who have them!). They dilute the achievement, in my own personal opinion. I'm searching for like-minded PSN users. You can bet there are many. 

But this is not a thread about this. We could make one about junk trophies, and I would have strong points (though no-one could be "right", it's really about attitude). But this is my introduction thread. Please don't kill it, only because your attitude is different. We will sort it out in another thread. 

Thank you. 

PS.: How do you add your PSN signature picture? 

Edited by Trophessional
  • Like 2

Welcome to the site - no idea why you want people to add you on psn when the vast majority of the games you are looking to complete are single player? None the less, best of luck with your hunt. For future reference I would probably avoid disrespecting half of the community with your introduction, not a great way to break bread.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, waterfields1 said:

Welcome to the site - no idea why you want people to add you on psn when the vast majority of the games you are looking to complete are single player? None the less, best of luck with your hunt. For future reference I would probably avoid disrespecting half of the community with your introduction, not a great way to break bread.

To encourage each other as trophy hunters. Help out if stuck, etc. And Fifa 18 can't be done without friends for example. 

Well, you do continue avoiding "disrespecting" others then, disrespecting your own views in the process. I bear a different heritage. Be who you are, and enjoy the playful fight with others who are different. That is how you really respect them being different. "Accepting" them is the laziest you can do.

One single friend like that is more to me than all the "respect" of the world. 

I can't "break bread". I eat meat. 

Add me on PSN, trophy carnivores! 

Edited by Trophessional

29 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

Welcome i have many junk trophies so we will never be friends but Welcome 1f644.png

Thanks, no problem at all! ?

Your PSN signature picture is very cool, probably the best I've seen! Love cats ? 

How do I add mine as a signature? I just can't figure it out.

1 hour ago, Trophessional said:

Thank you for messing up my introduction. No I'm not a troll, but now you made me look like one. 

I invited friends with the same attitude. Don't be offended if you have a different attitude. 

I do not like junk trophy games, period (not the people who have them!). They dilute the achievement, in my own personal opinion. I'm searching for like-minded PSN users. You can bet there are many. 

But this is not a thread about this. We could make one about junk trophies, and I would have strong points (though no-one could be "right", it's really about attitude). But this is my introduction thread. Please don't kill it, only because your attitude is different. We will sort it out in another thread. 

Thank you. 

PS.: How do you add your PSN signature picture? 

I think it shows a severe lack of personality if someone is only interested in the type of trophies another person has. Some of the better people I've met or played games with have hardly any trophies on their PSN Account. I'm also sure some of the biggest trophy hackers on PSN are probably even nice people away from that, you can't judge someone's personality based on what they did for their trophies. It also shows that you have a jealous mindset if one of the reasons you have for not adding people who play "junk games" is because you can't afford those games yourself, I'd kind of guess you're probably a kid at that rate, or unemployed. But I won't make it personal, we'll never be friends and a lot of people on this website wouldn't accept your proposal to become friends because your introduction was as unwelcoming as you could be. 

• Like 2

I also believe 'junk' games ruin your account and people also only play them for the platinum, along with double dipping.

But, my two best friends come from this site and they've both played mayo and whatnot. I'm able to have a laugh about it with them and so what if they've played it? It isn't my account it's theirs, they can play what they want and I'll always encourage them. I will agree that there's a lot of people with accounts like that who aren't great and do only want the highest amount of platinums, so for them they'll play anything. Just remember that someone's account doesn't make that person, you could miss out on amazing people if you have standards too high. I was the same since I had never had a good experience but like anything, there's always good and bad people, you just need to find the right ones. =)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I think it shows a severe lack of personality if someone is only interested in the type of trophies another person has. Some of the better people I've met or played games with have hardly any trophies on their PSN Account. I'm also sure some of the biggest trophy hackers on PSN are probably even nice people away from that, you can't judge someone's personality based on what they did for their trophies. It also shows that you have a jealous mindset if one of the reasons you have for not adding people who play "junk games" is because you can't afford those games yourself, I'd kind of guess you're probably a kid at that rate, or unemployed. But I won't make it personal, we'll never be friends and a lot of people on this website wouldn't accept your proposal to become friends because your introduction was as unwelcoming as you could be. 

Honestly everyone likes different things, no need to get too worked up over it. Also remember that he is new, not an excuse I know but still. 

Jealousy doesn't play a role in this, he just wants a 'proper' trophy hunting friend. He has got the wrong mindset about it but this site is meant to allow different opinions, people shouldn't be told they're wrong just because others don't agree. Also the easy platinum games are £1 each, I'm pretty certain he can afford them. Calling someone a kid just because your assuming things isn't helping anything, he hasn't bee aggressive in anyway and obviously you've had different experiences with people.

I'm not trying to call you out or make a big deal about things but I just think you're being too harsh, especially since there's a lot of people who think the same but are too scared to say because of others.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sergen said:

You are completely in the wrong here, I don't even understand what do you want. Nobody talked about anyone's personality, then you come and attack the personality of a complete stranger. Who is the troll here? 

Internet is your city. I give it to you, I don't want it. Don't be threatened by someone who dislikes junk trophies and searches for like-minded players. Jeez.

It's my last word to you. 

Edited by Trophessional
  • Like 1

Welcome to the site. Good luck finding like-minded people. I've never played a game solely for the platinum, but I have lots of easy plats. I think @Sergen is upset for 2 reasons; one for calling easy plats "junk" and for looking down on those who play them. I'm sure it probably wasn't your intention to come across this way, but it's like saying, I don't want to play with anyone on Call of Duty if their kill to death ratio is lower than 1. You aren't in their face about it and telling them that they suck and aren't good enough to play with you, but the fact is assumed nevertheless. Same applies here. You come across as someone who is "too good" to play with someone else.

• Like 2

Hooray, an XCOM 2 buddy. Welcome to the site.

My suggestion: don't criticize people for the games they play. Not everybody is here to collect trophies for the same reason. Some people like a high completion percentage, others like long and difficult games, but most just like playing games and sharing their experiences.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Platagonist said:

To end my wall of text, I'll wish you a nice day and lot of gaming accomplishments! ;)

Hi Platagonist! ?

I was very surprised, that the name Trophessional was not taken by anyone! Hahaha! ? Platagonist is equally dope though! ?

I think my intro was taken a bit too seriously? Please note, that I wrote "if you have many junk trophies"! This is the key. I will do Broken Sword for example and the Abe game out of nostalgia. So we are on the same page. I'm even eyeing a pinball-game, luscious in prestige trophies. Very probably because it's ultra hard.

But let us not be naive, there are many trophy hunters who actively seek out and grind junk trophies. I despise that. I'm sorry. I understand them, but I despise this method itself. That is chicken-hunting in the backyard, not real accomplishment. Achieving the Honour mode trophy of Divinity is. That's hunting down a lion, who can kill you any time (if you die in honor mode you can lose 100 hours of progress). Yet, Divinity platinum trophy gets you equal rank as the Hannah Montana one. 

This trophy thing is another "mini-game" or "meta-game" for me so to speak. I will probably hardly ever reach rank 20, I don't have neither time nor money, not to mention the mood, to grind PS Vita games and such. So you can understand why I don't want psn friends being rank 34 with Hannah Montana games. That is very demotivating. 

By the way, it was very clear from my intro, hell already from my name, that I'm a trophy hunter. I'm working, I have friends, family etc., I'm not here to get real life friends ffs! It's more like a sport, or a hobby. We share our results, get game ideas from each other, maybe help each other if needed, I dunno. Heck I didn't know I would offend people by not inviting those who wouldn't want to come in the first place!

Thanks for listening.

PS.: Warframe is probably my favorite game as of now. Pure awesomeness, and a collector's dream. The best thing is, that the combat is genuinely good. It's like Mass Effect Andromeda (best combat I've experienced so far) on steroids, hell, on heroin. It's worth breaking your OCD, imo. And btw, 100% is not hard at all. (If you get in next week, you get ultra-cool skins and weapons, I would advise it very much, because the first 10 hours can be a little dire, no cosmetics, not many new weapons etc.)

Edited by Trophessional
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:
2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

it's like saying, I don't want to play with anyone on Call of Duty if their kill to death ratio is lower than 1. You aren't in their face about it and telling them that they suck and aren't good enough to play with you, but the fact is assumed nevertheless. Same applies here. You come across as someone who is "too good" to play with someone else.

Having had no controllers in my hand before, you can probably tell how "good" I am, hahaha!

But the Call of Duty example is not good, I have to add. It's as if in CoD there were a system where you can choose to play only with beginners, and yet you would get the same points as those who play normally. I think it's a very enlightening example. Because those are junk points, period. Those who grind them, are junkies, even if I can understand their addiction. 

But to be fair, on the psntrophyleaders site there are better leaderboards, especially the rarity leaderboard. So I'm fine with all this, I just don't want trophy junkies on my lawn, instead of trophy hunters. This is my attitude. 

4 minutes ago, Trophessional said:

Having had no controllers in my hand before, you can probably tell how "good" I am, hahaha!

But the Call of Duty example is not good, I have to add. It's as if in CoD there were a system where you can choose to play only with beginners, and yet you would get the same points as those who play normally. I think it's a very enlightening example. Because those are junk points, period. Those who grind them, are junkies, even if I can understand their addiction. 

But to be fair, on the psntrophyleaders site there are better leaderboards, especially the rarity leaderboard. So I'm fine with all this, I just don't want trophy junkies on my lawn, instead of trophy hunters. This is my attitude. 

I think you are misunderstanding me or are not getting my point. I mean on YOUR team or in your party so your team always wins or dominates... You can definitely control that. It's a mindset saying that you don't want certain people to play on with you because they're not good enough. That's comparable to this. 

24 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think you are misunderstanding me or are not getting my point. I mean on YOUR team or in your party so your team always wins or dominates... You can definitely control that. It's a mindset saying that you don't want certain people to play on with you because they're not good enough. That's comparable to this. 

No, here it's like that: 

People would come in my team who have way better ratio than me, but only because they cheesed their ratio by playing the "Noob Spawn" mode of CoD, where they can chicken-hunt the noobs. I don't want to play with such players, if I'm a kill ratio maniac, and I play CoD specifically to get a cool kill ratio!

Trophessional.pngYeeh I did it! Why the new color doesn't apply though...?

Edited by Trophessional

@Trophessional I understand your point of view now, that's why I was asking you so many questions, because I was not sure about your stance. ;)

Feel free to send a friend request my way, I'll be happy to accept. ? I guess most people are playing this kind of games, because they are pretty short and easy - so if they have fun, they are doing it right - having fun is all that matters! :)

However, there are also people (especially the ones who made their account 1 - 2 years ago or even earlier like us) who are 'forced' into them if they want to keep/achieve a certain spot in Leaderboards. If I wanted to get to, let's say, Top 10 Czech Republic, I would have to play these games, because otherwise there would be no chance for me to get there in a few years span (unless I was playing for crazy amounts like 18 hours/day :angel:). Luckily I don't care about the leaderboards, so I can make my profile stand out by stuff like low average rarity, high trophies per day ratio (while playing 'normal' games), completed franchises of games, trophies from games achieved before their server shutdowns etc. ? 

So I avoid judging players by their trophy lists - if I was making such restrictions, I would not really manage to find many people to talk to/play with. I also dare to say that I've developed quite a unique gaming style and if I was looking solely for people who matched it, I'd be forever alone. :P

But I have to admit that when creating a Gaming session, I put many requirements in there and I ask the people interested in participating to read everything carefully, because when I want to boost certain trophies, I want to make the process as painless as possible. :blush: So I normally ignore the people who do not confirm that they've acknowledged everything, and when there is a big(ger) interest, I tend to favour people who seem more responsible (high completion percentage, many :platinum:s, rare/hard/grindy plats, activity around the same time as me etc.) than the others, in order to play with people of the same mindset and to make the session work. 

So I do sometimes have an elitist attitude too, but mainly in regard to long MP grinds which are usually time-limited (i.e. Server Closure) as well, because I really want to succeed and don't want to end up with an un-plattable game on my profile. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trophessional said:

No, here it's like that: 

People would come in my team who have way better ratio than me, but only because they cheesed their ratio by playing the "Noob Spawn" mode of CoD, where they can chicken-hunt the noobs. I don't want to play with such players, if I'm a kill ratio maniac, and I play CoD specifically to get a cool kill ratio!

Trophessional.pngYeeh I did it! Why the new color doesn't apply though...?

I think you are looking way too much into this. This is only meant to be a simple example, lol. Not wanting to play with someone with a bad kill/death ratio because they are not good enough to play with you = you not wanting to play with someone because you think their profile is trash and are not good enough to play with you. What's so hard to understand about that?!?

BTW, I know you've been asking about the signature and no one has replied to you, but up to the right-hand part of your screen and press on the drop down box and go to account settings, then the last option on the left says "signature." Copy the image into the space shown and it should show up and Voila! Signature! 

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Welcome!

I was actually planning to do a PSN voucher giveaway to the tune of £20 or equivalent in whatever currency, with the caveat being you could only enter if you didn't have certain games like My Name is Mayo, Little Adventure on the Prairie, Sound Shapes stacks (one version would be fine) etc. And obviously some sort of minimum level requirement to prevent multiple entries. People say they would buy games like this even if trophies didn't exist but I highly doubt that. The idea behind the giveaway was to reward people who hadn't lost sight of what gaming should really be about; just having a good time and playing the games you love to play.

But after reading some of the above, I don't think it'd go down too well with most of the community who are active in these forums so seems like there's little point in doing it.

Anyway for what it's worth, I don't think OP meant to come across as confrontational or disrespectful, but perhaps the introduction could have been worded differently. Good luck to you mate and I'm sure you'll find like minded people within the dark recesses of these forums ;)

Also how come posts in this section of the forum don't count towards your total posts?

One more thing, I've never seen anyone's signature in a post. Is this a setting I've inadvertently toggled off somewhere?

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

Welcome!

Hi Zolkovo, thanks for the warm welcome!

Actually, I'm getting several PMs from people who are like-minded but don't want to be bullyed or they just don't bother voicing their unpopular opinions. 

And there are many here as well who thinks the same. 

I don't think we couldn't create a little unpopular community of ours, with steps like your voucher idea. The rule could be: if a certain percent of your games is junk, then you can't get the voucher.

Who knows, even a specific leaderboard could come out of this one day. Because even the psntrophyleaders rarity leaderboard doesn't rule out people who are obviously actively grinding junk platinum trophies. 

Edited by Trophessional

11 minutes ago, Trophessional said:

I don't think we couldn't create a little unpopular community of ours, with steps like your voucher idea. The rule could be: if a certain percent of your games is junk, then you can't get the voucher.

Who knows, even a specific leaderboard could come out of this one day. Because even the psntrophyleaders rarity leaderboard don't rule out people who are obviously actively grind junk platinum trophies. 

My intention isn't to divide the community in any way, it is simply to give something to those who perhaps don't have as much time or money (referring to your title here) to go for the "quick-wins". And those who remain true to their core and stick to games they love, which doesn't necessarily mean completing it. If I were to do something like that, there'd be no room for leniency. But I would have no problem with Telltale games for instance, because while it is dead easy I can see the appeal behind those types of games.

Edited by Zolkovo