Trophy hunter here. Hi everyone

Trophessional

6 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

My intention isn't to divide the community in any way, it is simply to give something to those who perhaps don't have as much time or money (referring to your title here) to go for the "quick-wins". And those who remain true to their core and stick to games they love, and that doesn't necessarily mean completing it. If I were to do something like that, there'd be no room for leniency.

I don't think there is an overall community. Think about the word "forum". It's more like a marketplace, of ideas etc. I think communities can rise from interactions here on the forum, but there can be no overall "playstation community", not even a "trophy hunter community". I mean, I'm new to this of course, but it seems contraintuitive. 

Edited by Trophessional
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smzthy- said:

This leaderboard may be of interest to you

https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/rarity

I believe it is still being further developed, particularly with the way in which points are calculated. 

Thank you that's awesome. How do you access this page naturally though...? I don't see a menü or a button for this. 

Is there a completist leaderboard too? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

One more thing, I've never seen anyone's signature in a post. Is this a setting I've inadvertently toggled off somewhere?

are you on mobile?...i think they only appear on the desktop site... I was surprised when I logged onto my pc the other day after months of cell-only use to see that many people had sigs... 

as for the term community...it can be pretty broad...i like to think of us gamers here as forming a community...

internet def: a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals... 

Edited by ProfBambam55

9 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

are you on cell?...i think they only appear on pc... I was surprised when I logged onto my pc the other day after months of cell-only use to see that everyone had sigs... 

Nope, I'm on my laptop running Windows and using Chrome. I do have an ad-blocker extension on Chrome though but I don't know if that would block signatures.

EDIT: Tested and it's not the ad blocker so it must be some setting I d*cked around with at some point when I joined PSNP.

@Trophessional Apologies for hijacking your thread temporarily :P

Edited by Zolkovo

9 minutes ago, Trophessional said:

Thank you that's awesome. How do you access this page naturally though...? I don't see a menü or a button for this. 

Is there a completist leaderboard too? 

You currently can't access this page through any menu. 

And there's no completionist leaderboard. It has previously been requested by a few users, so it could be something that's being developed behind the scenes. 

Edited by Smzthy-

my main question is how on earth are you going to 100% the witcher 3 if you don't have much time??? i consider myself not having much time to game and i get in maybe 1-2 hours of alone/single player gaming a week. at that rate it'd literally take me 2 years to complete the witcher haha.

also i actually really enjoy the kind of "junk" games so that's pretty sad :(

12 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

See you say you don't want to be confrontational and then use words like "junk" 

What is a junk platinum to you? Tell Tale games are insanely easy platinums but are some of the most enjoyable games I have played.

I didn't say I don't want to be confrontational, I don't mind it. People in PM said to me. 

Tell Tale games are not junk, although I wouldn't give platinum for them. 

You know well what kind of games I mean by junk. Go see the leaderboard leaders and you'll see a ton of them. (Again, it's not their fault. I dislike the system, platinum should be special.)

There are tons of games that are completed in 1,5-2 hours actually, and give platinum. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trophessional said:

I didn't say I don't want to be confrontational, I don't mind it. People in PM said to me. 

Tell Tale games are not junk, although I wouldn't give platinum for them. 

You know well what kind of games I mean by junk. Go see the leaderboard leaders and you'll see a ton of them. (Again, it's not their fault. I dislike the system, platinum should be special.)

There are tons of games that are completed in 1,5-2 hours actually, and give platinum. 

Then make them special and stop worrying so much about what other people play.

There would be no way for a site to give certain platinums rank over other platinums as it is all subjective. Even if you went by rarity then games like Start the Party or EYEpet are rarer than games like Dark Souls. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Then make them special and stop worrying so much about what other people play.

There would be no way for a site to give certain platinums rank over other platinums as it is all subjective. Even if you went by rarity then games like Start the Party or EYEpet are rarer than games like Dark Souls. 

Oh yeah my favorite game Bloodborne is only "hard" on psntrophyleaders. 

That is exactly what I'm doing, making my trophy hunting special by having like-minded hunters and shutting out junk games. I won't make junk games special just to amass more rank, no, and if you do, then, well, don't add me on PSN. ?

I'm not writing in another persons' threads to shame them because of their attitude, I made my thread for like-minded hunters. If you step back and think about it, it's as simple as that. If you are different, avoid me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trophessional said:

Oh yeah my favorite game Bloodborne is only "hard" on psntrophyleaders. 

That is exactly what I'm doing, making my trophy hunting special by having like-minded hunters and shutting out junk games. I won't make junk games special just to amass more rank, no, and if you do, then, well, don't add me on PSN. 1f609.png

I'm not writing in another persons' threads to shame them because of their attitude, I made my thread for like-minded hunters. If you step back and think about it, it's as simple as that. If you are different, avoid me. 

Whatever dood, 

I would also say don't make Intro threads where you shit on half the community but I guess as the kids say "you do you:"

Have fun with your games and welcome to the community I guess.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

People are taking this thread a bit too seriously. Everyone has different opinions about trophies and those who agree with Trophessional are too worried about what others think, people should accept others and their opinion. 

Personally I prefer people who don't have easy games, by that I mean those which all you have to do it spend 2 hours and you get the platinum. There's games like resident evil 4 without a platinum while Mayo does, now platinums mean nothing. Unfortunately because those games sell because people don't care what they play more and more are being made, it's hard to even call them games honestly. Just because I think this doesn't mean I don't give people chances, it's a profile and has nothing to do with that person's personality. It just means that I would rather have someone as a friend who doesn't play those games as we share the same opinion. 

Edited by LuciaRosethorn
  • Like 4

I am not going to read every post, but I don't think OP said anything wrong. I mean he has standards for himself and the friends he wants to surround himself with. He didn't seem very elitist to me. Going to have to respectfully disagree with you @Sergen :|<3 Calling him a troll account was a little overboard, just a little, just a smidgen ;)

I mean if the OP found a dude that has 1 junk trophy game out of 100 and judged him based of that, then I would agree, but he did state "too many junk trophy games".

Anyways welcome to the site @Trophessional lol cute name :P Wish you the best. Don't feel unwelcome if anyone got angry with you based off your introduction. It's just the whole quality vs quantity debate never ends here on PSNP. You'll always see a bunch of these type of threads pop up forever and ever here based on that argument. Best to just avoid them or just state your opinion and move on <3

Also goodluck with Divinity Original Sin, Mama Mia! that's a tough one.

Edited by Super Sand Virginia
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Arkonaborg said:

And I don't understand your point @Trophessional, what do you mean with no time? 

You definitely need some time to complete those games you've mentioned. xD 

Yeah I kinda meant I have no time to rank myself up to be "a proper trophy hunter". 

Thanks for the welcome. Nr.10 in your country, gg! If I were that far ahead, I would probably be seduced by Hannah Montana :stalker:

4 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

Welcome my friend! I also would have no interest in having what I like to call ‘garbage’ games on my account. Couldn’t care less if others have them though, I only concern with my own trophy list.  One word of advice, you will get bullied  and abused on this site for having any sort of opinion that doesn’t follow the majority, happens to me regularly. I got welcomed about as well as you did when I first started posting. Leave the keyboard warriors to it and enjoy your time here with the like minded people you get to meet!

@turpinator1986 very succinctly described my own thoughts after reading this thread (and was the reason why i refrained from posting an intro of my own after stumbling across similar virtual lynchings when encountering a thought process and criteria other than that which was REGULARLY held on the 'site.)

I tolerate and embrace everyone here and beyond, yet i also happen to share a similar ideology to you @Trophessional when it comes to said "junk" games (hence why it will forever be made clear on my profile so no one is under any illusions.) I have read/heard all the likely and unoriginal 'reasons'  why said platinum trophies are pursued and attained but on a 'site such as this, it remains particularly unfortunate.....HOWEVER.....i reiterate that does not prevent me from wanting to be friends with anyone. Variety is the spice of life and differing thoughts/feelings/opinions are what makes the world go 'round. Taking umbrage with you because you are merely looking for those whom share a like minded thought process to your own is laughable and perfectly illustrates why the outside world likes to depict gamers as an immature section of society?!

Good luck with Warframe (not too familiar with the game) and FIFA 18. It appears i was/am #52 on the 'site of those whom first got the platinum for FIFA 18 this year which is surprising because i spend waaaay too long in Ultimate Team tinkering around. Feel free to add me if you want help with the online trophies for that because i make sure to platinum FIFA EVERY year as a resident football fanatic! Enjoy your time on the 'site and make sure to buy a 'I❤️Mayo' bumper sticker to appease the clown's whom cannot compartmentalize your own preferences (and their own egregious error in judgment!)

tenor.gif?itemid=7946750

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

See you say you don't want to be confrontational and then use words like "junk" 

What is a junk platinum to you? Tell Tale games are insanely easy platinums but are some of the most enjoyable games I have played.

Also if you look at my profile you would see games like Disney games or Mayo but every time I have played one of those it is because I have been part of trophy hunting competitions which were designed to build connections to other users on the site. So you might see them as "junk" but I saw them as ways of connecting to a larger community. 

Finally games like Hannah Montana I did as a joke for my 100th platinum and built an entire event around it. I probably put more effort into that event than some people put into earning "hard" platinums.

On top of that I also have plats in Star Ocean 4, Mortal Kombat, Modnation Racers, Star Hawk, Resistance 2 etc. so you might "condemn" my account but I don't see why you give a shit.  There are so many threads like this with "quality over quantity"...we get it. Your E-Peen is super big and powerful. Now go enjoy some games and stop worrying so much about what other people play

Agreed on all the above.

It's indeed complete bullshit to call people's profile junk and mark them as bad players based on some "shit games". Though I dont have <1% ultra rares I value my profile very much just like any other trophy hunter. I even liked the biggest junk of 2018 currenty called Little Adventure on the Prairie because it was so bad I had a laugh about it.

Damn I could even make some religion, racism comparisons to this idiot post but whatever and welcome indeed ?

6 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

It's indeed complete bullshit to call people's profile junk and mark them as bad players based on some "shit games". 

Damn I could even make some religion, racism comparisons to this idiot post but whatever and welcome indeed 1f643.png

No-one made it personal, you did. No-one "marked them as bad players". 

And you say I'm like a racist or a bigot, and in the same sentence you call my post idiotic. 

1.) You guys probably have dyslexia? Dyslexic people often read their own thoughts into the material automatically. If so, then I apologize! (My father is dyslexic to be clear, before you read your hatred into this as well.)

2.) If you don't, then you are reading into me what you really think of yourself deep down. You are the one who kinda feels that you are less worthy because of these trophies. You feel bad. 

3.) Or, you are just afraid that if my attitude would dominate, then your account would seem less worthy. So that you want to undercut this attitude spreading, with malicious intent. - The dogs feel as though the wandering free lion would threaten their fences, so they bark: while the lion does not want to get in their prison. Comedy!

And now let's watch, how they will react to the individual points as if I would state all this and how they will viciously defend themselves! And/or they will attack me because I made it personal, although they started that. :start:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 hours ago, TheFoundling said:

HOWEVER.....i reiterate that does not prevent me from wanting to be friends with anyone.

Hi @TheFoundling, thanks for the welcome!

Be sure that my real life friends are actively pooping upon all Playstation games. There are some who despise me because I'm a gamer, and we often have a playful back n forth. 

So no, I'm not discriminating between my friends along the lines of trophies or any achievement actually. Playstation "friends" are rather like a sports-club for me, like "friends who like chess". 

Now, if you all like chess and your chess-results, then you surely don't want anyone in this club whose every second figure is a queen. Even if it's your best real life friend. 

?

Edited by Trophessional
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Welcome to the site. Good luck finding like-minded people. I've never played a game solely for the platinum, but I have lots of easy plats. I think @Sergen is upset for 2 reasons; one for calling easy plats "junk" and for looking down on those who play them. I'm sure it probably wasn't your intention to come across this way, but it's like saying, I don't want to play with anyone on Call of Duty if their kill to death ratio is lower than 1. You aren't in their face about it and telling them that they suck and aren't good enough to play with you, but the fact is assumed nevertheless. Same applies here. You come across as someone who is "too good" to play with someone else.

My most recent 12 platinums haven’t been “junk”, one of them is 0.09%. I just don’t like people who only take into consideration the kind of trophies that a person has been going for. 

I did take this a bit more seriously than I should have, because I knew someone who was similar to this but on opposite ends of the spectrum. He was accusing me of using tools to acquire trophies because his retarded friends were saying that. Either way, in the end he said “I’m deleting you because of trophy whoring”, he’s someone who a lot of people on this website are aware of and I thought he was my friend until he decided to pull that bullshit. Someone really shows they’re not going to be a good friend to you if they delete you over gaming activity. 

There could be like-minded people in the sense that they don’t like seeing profiles that are only going for easy games, but you shouldn’t judge a person for how they choose to play their games. Nobody is going to add you with the mentality of “I hate people who go for easy trophies”, you never know if some of the “junk” games are ones that the person enjoys like the telltale games. @Trophessional I think you should only judge the profile, but not the person, you won’t make a lot of friends here by using their profile as a way of determining whether they’re a good person. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Nobody is going to add you with the mentality of “I hate people who go for easy trophies”, you never know if some of the “junk” games are ones that the person enjoys like the telltale games. @Trophessional I think you should only judge the profile, but not the person, you won’t make a lot of friends here by using their profile as a way of determining whether they’re a good person. 

I don't hate anyone. I'm not even interested in the "person" behind the PSN profile! Who cares! 

But I understand now why you've read all this into my OP, because of your dire experience. 

But please, for the love of trophies, don't turn me saying "I hate the junk platinum system" into "I despise platinum whores and they are whores in real life as well and they should be prosecuted and burnt alive".

That the junk platinum system is hateful, is a very reasonable argument; turning it into a personal offense you paint me as a despicable human being. Don't try to discredit this argument with this method.