Satoshi Ookami

Playstation IP Ban/Restriction

34 posts in this topic

After first starting with Vita-tan

 

it seems that it escalated quite a bit. It looks like my IP has been blacklisted or something like that as I can't perform any kind of sign in. I tried it on PC store (on log in page, The connection with Sony Entertainment Network has timed out appears), Vita doesn't work as mentioned above.

Funny fact is that if I'm logged in (I used VPN to bypass the log in process) I can do everything normally, download games (on PS4, Vita still has the same error as above), process transactions, buy games...

 

Anyone experienced something like this or has been IP banned? 

If so, can you tell me what you did to fix the problem? Should I contact Sony or my ISP first?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was blocked about  2-3 years ago and it was after doing a massive download of Rock Band dlc. They blocked me from getting on PSN, using their webstore (store.playstation.com. would never load and when it did the one or two times the log in page wouldn't work), and logging into to their blog to leave a comment.

 

My fix for this: call you isp and request a new modem if your modem is a static modem that won't let you change your IP. This is what fixed my issue. Haven't had any problems since.

 

This issue lasted a month I should add. It was awful.

 

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention, don't bother calling Sony. They read you what to do from their book.. aka doesn't do anything.

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should contact Sony. If you've been IP banned for some reason, or if there's a weird issue with your account, they'll be able to tell you/fix it. If it's not on their end, then you'll have to call your ISP.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you try resetting your router and/or flushing your DNS cache ("ipconfig /flushdns" on Windows)? I haven't personally had issues like you mention with Sony's services but have had similar problems with some websites sometime. Resetting the router has helped in my case.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's an IP ban, it should only be temporary (unless you really messed up with something).

If it doesn't go away call your ISP and have them change your IP adress, and don't be so naughty next time 😈

 

Source: had my IP banned last year for logging in to PSN like 30 times in an hour.

 

Edited by Intresseklubben
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Did you try resetting your router and/or flushing your DNS cache ("ipconfig /flushdns" on Windows)? I haven't personally had issues like you mention with Sony's services but have had similar problems with some websites sometime. Resetting the router has helped in my case.

Yep, everything.

Resetting router was the first thing I tried when trying to fix Vita.

 

1 hour ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I was blocked about  2-3 years ago and it was after doing a massive download of Rock Band dlc. They blocked me from getting on PSN, using their webstore (store.playstation.com. would never load and when it did the one or two times the log in page wouldn't work), and logging into to their blog to leave a comment.

 

My fix for this: call you isp and request a new modem if your modem is a static modem that won't let you change your IP. This is what fixed my issue. Haven't had any problems since.

 

This issue lasted a month I should add. It was awful.

 

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention, don't bother calling Sony. They read you what to do from their book.. aka doesn't do anything.

Interesting, both blog logging and store work for me.

Hm... so you suggest ISP.

 

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

You should contact Sony. If you've been IP banned for some reason, or if there's a weird issue with your account, they'll be able to tell you/fix it. If it's not on their end, then you'll have to call your ISP.

Do you happen to have Sony contact info? 
I was searching for that to test but couldn't find anything apart from PS forums that are pretty useless.

 

29 minutes ago, Intresseklubben said:

If it's an IP ban, it should only be temporary (unless you really messed up with something).

If it doesn't go away call your ISP and have them change your IP adress, and don't be so naughty next time 1f608.png

 

Source: had my IP banned last year for logging in to PSN like 30 times in an hour.

 

How long was it for you?

It started on Monday for me so I'm giving it a week.

 

33 minutes ago, Intresseklubben said:

and don't be so naughty next time 1f608.png

I would like that, if I knew what I did ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Holy shhhhhhh they know about your weebness!

 

nah, but, did you tried what I told you about reset your modem (factory settings) and turn on UPnP? well, I'll assume you did it and still have the problem.

I would call both your ISP and Sony. Having your IP banned for no reason sounds really unfair. I don't know about IP bans.

Maybe this can help you: I was setting a modem and the stupid little thing had UPnP turned off and PSN did not connect until I turned this setting on again,

also you should check your modem firewall settings. If the security is too tight, you could have problems with a lot of things. Try with Minimum or Disabled (not recommended).

 

I'm not a network expert, I'm just sharing some things I did in the past to overcome connectivity issues.

 

this kind of problem happens a lot around the world. when it happens to me, my ISP will suffer, lol

Edited by Katt
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

 

My fix for this: call you isp and request a new modem if your modem is a static modem that won't let you change your IP. This is what fixed my issue. Haven't had any problems since.

this does not make any sense. It's not your modem that decide if you get a static IP or not :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Katt said:

Holy shhhhhhh they know about your weebness!

Yea, damned westerners :awesome: 

 

36 minutes ago, Katt said:

nah, but, did you tried what I told you about reset your modem (factory settings) and turn on UPnP? well, I'll assume you did it and still have the problem.

I would call both your ISP and Sony. Having your IP banned for no reason sounds really unfair. I don't know about IP bans.

Maybe this can help you: I was setting a modem and the stupid little thing had UPnP turned off and PSN did not connect until I turned this setting on again,

also you should check your modem firewall settings. If the security is too tight, you could have problems with a lot of things. Try with Minimum or Disabled (not recommended

Yea, I checked UPnP and it was turned on.

 

I wouldn't expect firewall to meddle with the PSN since everything worked well until this week and I didn't change anything.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

How long was it for you?

It started on Monday for me so I'm giving it a week.

 

I think my IP was banned/locked out for a little less than a week. It might be worth to note that my IP adress was banned becuase  I screwed around on lbp.me on my Ipad, which had nothing to do with my actual consoles. If they suspect you've been messing with your console (which I don't think you have, but who knows what Sony thinks) it might be a longer ban, I honestly don't know.  

 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yep, everything.

Resetting router was the first thing I tried when trying to fix Vita.

 

Interesting, both blog logging and store work for me.

Hm... so you suggest ISP.

 

Do you happen to have Sony contact info? 
I was searching for that to test but couldn't find anything apart from PS forums that are pretty useless.

 

How long was it for you?

It started on Monday for me so I'm giving it a week.

 

I would like that, if I knew what I did ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All the contact info is on this page.
 

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/corporate/contactus/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can try to contact Sony. I can advance you their answer, it's not their fault. Sony can go bankrupt and stop their servers, you'll get the same answer. It's Akamai who blocks your access, not Sony. Of course Akamai won't move a finger it's Sony that must solve it and they won't. All the answers you'll get is that they're very worried about your security, that PSN is fine and the problem is in your ISP.

 

You can verify that it's Akamai by using a PC and sharing your internet connection and access PSN through the PC. Use Wireshark to analyze your packets coming from and to the consoles, you'll see you won't pass beyond Akamai's servers. Akamai even remotely suspects your network access is suspicious, you're in trouble. Wonderful thing, you'll probably access a ton of other sites and services protected by Akamai, but only Sony will block you. No comments on that.

 

Solution? None. You probably won't know what caused it, if you change your IP the new one can get banned again, if you're unlucky and don't have the slightest idea what caused the problem, which can be a gazillion things, most of them pretty stupid and banal. It will start by blocking you one day, then 2 then a week, then a month. Either it will go away or it won't.

 

What a fantastic company. Good luck...

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lesk8vaincra said:

this does not make any sense. It's not your modem that decide if you get a static IP or not :D

My modem is also a router... it's both in one.

It is strictly static. It's what my ISP uses now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your VITA wifi is it linked to your cellphone service #? Or is issue just with house wifi? And do you use Psapp? For some reason if you use your psapp a lot, they will block the phone # ip service whatever, so if your vita uses that wifi, it wont work. I think they just have a system that doesnt a lot of pings to their network and itll auto block for days or hours. Is what I notice with mine.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Intresseklubben said:

 

I think my IP was banned/locked out for a little less than a week. It might be worth to note that my IP adress was banned becuase  I screwed around on lbp.me on my Ipad, which had nothing to do with my actual consoles. If they suspect you've been messing with your console (which I don't think you have, but who knows what Sony thinks) it might be a longer ban, I honestly don't know.  

Just great :/

 

10 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

All the contact info is on this page.
 

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/corporate/contactus/

Ah, no email, just the phone :/

 

10 hours ago, cris3f said:

You can try to contact Sony. I can advance you their answer, it's not their fault. Sony can go bankrupt and stop their servers, you'll get the same answer. It's Akamai who blocks your access, not Sony. Of course Akamai won't move a finger it's Sony that must solve it and they won't. All the answers you'll get is that they're very worried about your security, that PSN is fine and the problem is in your ISP.

 

You can verify that it's Akamai by using a PC and sharing your internet connection and access PSN through the PC. Use Wireshark to analyze your packets coming from and to the consoles, you'll see you won't pass beyond Akamai's servers. Akamai even remotely suspects your network access is suspicious, you're in trouble. Wonderful thing, you'll probably access a ton of other sites and services protected by Akamai, but only Sony will block you. No comments on that.

 

Solution? None. You probably won't know what caused it, if you change your IP the new one can get banned again, if you're unlucky and don't have the slightest idea what caused the problem, which can be a gazillion things, most of them pretty stupid and banal. It will start by blocking you one day, then 2 then a week, then a month. Either it will go away or it won't.

 

What a fantastic company. Good luck...

Thaaaaaat's something I didn't want to know :/

Thanks for the analysis, I read something about Akamai but didn't really pay attention to that since I didn't know about them... guess now I know :/

I guess I can try Wireshark...

 

3 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Your VITA wifi is it linked to your cellphone service #? Or is issue just with house wifi? And do you use Psapp? For some reason if you use your psapp a lot, they will block the phone # ip service whatever, so if your vita uses that wifi, it wont work. I think they just have a system that doesnt a lot of pings to their network and itll auto block for days or hours. Is what I notice with mine.

Vita is linked to home Wi-Fi just like PC, PS4 and PS3. On the contrary, on hotspot created from cellular data, everything works well.

Not really actually... unless PS App runs on its own whenever device is turned on, I don't use it more than once a week at max, sometimes not even that often.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yea, damned westerners :awesome: 

 

But Sony is Japanese though

 

Anyways, can you recall what you did with your PlayStation devices on the day of and prior to the IP ban on that device? Also does anyone else share the same internet connection with you?

 

Also I suggest go ask ISP to change your IP Address if they let you. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheVader66 said:

But Sony is Japanese though

Only Japanese Sony :awesome: 

 

Just now, TheVader66 said:

Anyways, can you recall what you did with your PlayStation devices on the day of and prior to the IP ban on that device?

Well, unsuprisingly, I was playing a weeb game :awesome: 

Didn't log in to PS4 (must be the reason :awesome:) and was playing GF Beta on Vita. I was able to sync trophies of the game day before the ban.

 

1 minute ago, TheVader66 said:

 Also does anyone else share the same internet connection with you?

Well, obviously all devices in our home, if you mean outside world, no, unless ISP decided to share things.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it connect with someone's else network? I once thought my PS3 was broken since it didn't connect anymore, but it worked just fine with my parents connection. The issue was never solved until I changed my network services provider due to other reasons.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

Does it connect with someone's else network? I once thought my PS3 was broken since it didn't connect anymore, but it worked just fine with my parents connection. The issue was never solved until I changed my network services provider due to other reasons.

Yes, as I already said in above posts, if I connect to a hotspot create from my phone's cellular data, the error disappears.

Also, if I use VPN to bypass sign in and log in to the store, everything works (after logging, I can do everything normally even if I disconnect from VPN).

 

Due to this occurrence and the fact that PS4 auto log in works, I suspect it has something to do with IP ban or restriction on log in.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, unsuprisingly, I was playing a weeb game :awesome: 

Didn't log in to PS4 (must be the reason :awesome:) and was playing GF Beta on Vita. I was able to sync trophies of the game day before the ban.

 

Okay so the day of and prior to, you did nothing significant with the PlayStation Network but do you recall when and what was the very last time you did anything with the PlayStation Network like did you download a mass amount of stuff? or messaged someone? or played with someone online?

 

Also did you do anything with your modem just to see if anything was wrong with it? Sometimes it can be an issue relating to your internet provider or even your wifi router.

Edited by TheVader66
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Okay so the day of and prior to, you did nothing significant with the PlayStation Network but do you recall when and what was the very last time you did anything with the PlayStation Network like did you download a mass amount of stuff? or messaged someone? or played with someone online?

The last thing I remember was rejecting a blank friend request about two weeks ago.

 

I don't really message anyone on PSN so maybe like month ago? And playing online? Meh, never. And on Vita? I don't think I've playing anything online since God Eater.

Unless uploading a save to PS+ storage could have something to do with this? That would be around a week ago when I uploaded ToLove Ru one.

 

Regarding download, the last thing I remember downloading prior to ban was update to Sora Kiseki TC... which was Saturday or Sunday.

As for downloading a game... that would be KonoSuba game and that would be almost a month ago.

 

7 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Also did you do anything with your modem just to see if anything was wrong with it? Sometimes it can be an issue relating to your internet provider.

Not before the ban. After the ban, I tried to restart it.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yes, as I already said in above posts, if I connect to a hotspot create from my phone's cellular data, the error disappears.

Also, if I use VPN to bypass sign in and log in to the store, everything works (after logging, I can do everything normally even if I disconnect from VPN).

 

Due to this occurrence and the fact that PS4 auto log in works, I suspect it has something to do with IP ban or restriction on log in.

 

Check if the hotspot you create, if the outside IP stays the same, doesn't get blocked too.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cris3f said:

Check if the hotspot you create, if the outside IP stays the same, doesn't get blocked too.

Do you have any recommended app/site for this? 

Or should I simply connect my laptop to the hotspot and do it like normal?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check your outside IP with whatismyip or similar service, take note and check if it's the same later.

Also if you use Wireshark and get packets from Akamai going to your console you know that it's them blocking your access and not your ISP. However Akamai provides a service to Sony (Prolexic), they won't help you as only Sony can solve it, and they don't care or ar totally incompetent to do anything. I think it's a mix of both.

You can see easily that the list of companies using the same service is big, and guess which is the only one that blocks customers without a valid reason.

 

Edited by cris3f
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cris3f said:

Check your outside IP with whatismyip or similar service, take note and check if it's the same later.

Also if you use Wireshark and get packets from Akamai going to your console you know that it's them blocking your access and not your ISP. However Akamai provides a service to Sony (Prolexic), they won't help you as only Sony can solve it, and they don't care or ar totally incompetent to do anything. I think it's a mix of both.

You can see easily that the list of companies using the same service is big, and guess which is the only one that blocks customers without a valid reason.

 

Talking about Akamai, do they offer any service that would test your IP?

Because I tried to check my IP for blacklisting on various sites and none came positive.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.