anyone else?

Size for me is fine, I’m using a 4K massive tv so it’s huge. My issue is when it’s 3 lines it goes away sooooo fast. And a lot of the time you’re doing something else so not prepared for it to pop up and don’t get time to read it. Ugh.

ive had to save replays 6 times so far just to read those stupid things. Missed one in Gold... whatever it’s called, the gambling town, because the dialogue didn’t even last long enough to record since I talked to a NPC right as it popped up. Ugh. 

The only work around I’ve seen is contextual, but during those strategy battles, you can stop it from going away by opening the skill menu (R2). Doesn’t work in the little ‘cutscenes’, but its something. :/ 

really dumb design. I would’ve liked it to be bigger just because it’d draw your eyes faster and last longer/require pressing x to go away. 

• Like 4

They don't contain anything important though.

Most of the in-game dialogue can be safely skipped, in fact, as its made of this "ay mun da heck bumbly er da shiny me lad" gibberish that only British people can understand.

Edited by nyonmyan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

Most of the in-game dialogue can be safely skipped, in fact, as its made of this "ay mun da heck bumbly er da shiny me lad" gibberish that only British people can understand.

lol im in no way british and i understand what they say when i catch it lol

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

To you. I want to know details about the world, which they do give and the characters have interactions about things that I want to know about.

The only ones that speak that nonsense are enemies in the war minigame.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KatsuroMakoto said:

I was reading in the beginning one of the dialogues about the ears of Evan, but could not finish it. Still wonder what the reason is. 

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, as I’ve only watched other people play so far. So, from what I gathered:

Evan is the king of the cat tribe, a race of people that evolved from cats (as opposed to apes).

5 minutes ago, Neocarleen said:

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, as I’ve only watched other people play so far. So, from what I gathered:

Evan is the king of the cat tribe, a race of people that evolved from cats (as opposed to apes).

No, he's a mixed-species child of cat king and human queen.

9 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

And kingmaker Lofty, sailors/shipbuilders, lowlifes, Sky Pirates, etc.

Lofty isn't that bad or hard to understand? And none of the rest have any moment where they're talking without you needing to confirm what they're saying. Except in the war minigame.

When do sailors/shipbuilders, etc, ever talk in a dialog box that goes away within like 2s LIKE WHAT THE SUBJECT OF THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT? The war minigame, which I said, and... when? Where else? Because they wouldn't anywhere else, since the only people who do on the field are your party. And they all talk fine, even the two pirates.

5 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

@Taliesin_2943  

Just out of curiousity, is this a 4K supported game, and is your TV less than a 1080p?  I was playing another game that supported 4K a few months back, and my OLED 4K showed text perfectly, yet on my GF's TV next to me it was almost impossible to read.

im not sure if its 4k supported but i donthave a 4k tv but its 1080p litterally everything in the games right size to see but the little dialog is tiny im sure if i sat alot closer to the tv it wouldnt be so bad

It looks like some text that is meant for 4k screens is in the 1080p display mode. To be honest, it looks like they don't have different UI for both versions as some of the icons of which character has which boots is very small on 1080p screens as well. Also while it doesn't bother me at all, the text and icons on the savescreen is rather small as well (but still legible). The UI is clearly made for 4k screens. 

I don't own a 4k TV, but I have PS4 pro and with supersampling mode on you can switch between the 2 output modes (4k and Standard, which is 1080p) and there is no difference in textsize in both of them, which is weird. I also tried without supersampling mode, but that doesn't change anything either.

They should make the text in the standard mode a bit bigger (at least for those textboxes and the tutorial info on the left side, the normal subtitles and such are fine). These boxes should also persist a bit longer as they are gone way too quickly.

I am playing on a 42 inch TV and I sit quite close to it (1.6 to 1.8 meter or about 60 to 70 inches) which is closer than people recommend sitting to a 1080p screen this size and it's still a bit too tiny for me to read comfortably.

Btw,

I had a similar problem last gen with Lost Odyssey on my Xbox 360 on a CRT TV (I bought my current TV a bit after that, I really need to buy a new one). It was more or less impossible to see the difference between LB and LT prompts or RB and RT. While I usually like to play my games in original language, I had to change it to English on that one too because the subs were too tiny for me to read comfortably. That is not a problem with Ni No Kuni II however.

Edited by MrMette