Online Servers Shutting Down July 2, 2018!

Got all the online trophies done in one sitting yesterday. Had some disconnections and the game froze twice while going for Online Champ..

I went in expecting a hell of a headache, but it's definitely not as bad as people dramatize it to be.

It might be a controversial opinion but I will say that there's really nothing to complain about with this if you don't get the platinum this time. It was announced to shut down nearly 2 years ago but it looks like it only shut in Japan and USA at that time, considering you've basically had a warning 2 years prior there's really no excuse to not do it if you want it. The online is quite short, took me like 8 hours to do it, you can definitely split that time up even if you did like 10 minutes a day until the servers shut down hahaha. The trophy for playing 100 Community Levels definitely felt glitched for me and it glitches for other people and takes more than 100 levels to get, but it will unlock eventually as long as you keep playing levels until you get it. I haven't worked on the trophies for other LBP games, but I would say this is probably the easiest LBP game to platinum of them all. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am planing to platinum this game and had a couple questions. Firstly how long would it take to get the online trophies done and if I were to start in a few days would I have time to get it done?Secondly is it possible to get it done with a NA copy of the game or do I need to find a retail copy or buy a Europe copy to finish it? Thanks in advance       

@dragon11gggg Most of the online trophies can be completed within an hour or two, provided glitches are minimal. There's plenty of "1 second" levels you can use to make trophies like The Adventure Continues and Online Champ easier. Your biggest barrier to online completion will be the servers. It's a challenge to join some players' pods, and even then, you'll still struggle to get a match going. However, you should have plenty of time to finish it even if you start a week or two from now. And even if you go about it leisurely, all online trophies can be obtained within a couple days.

Because of the state of these servers, the trophy I would focus on the most is Online Champ, and you will need to boost it too. I didn't find a single random in the game while playing it myself. Other trophies you should try to knock out quickly would be Get Gathering and Crowd Pleaser, since they both require involvement from other players (Though you COULD make a bunch of alt accounts yourself to meet the requirements for Crowd Pleaser if you really needed to.). The rest can be done on your own. Just make sure you have some players in your friend list with this game, since there are some trophies that require such friends.

You should be fine with a physical NA copy of the game. That's what I had, and it worked okay enough. I've also played with several others who used NA copies too and they were able to connect online well enough. I'm not 100% sure on it, but I think there are issues with the digital NA version. The online pass was removed from PlayStation Store too, so make sure that you either already have it or own a new retail copy of the game with a code for the online pass.

All in all though, this game isn't too difficult to complete.

7 minutes ago, flatout03 said:

@dragon11gggg Most of the online trophies can be completed within an hour or two, provided glitches are minimal. There's plenty of "1 second" levels you can use to make trophies like The Adventure Continues and Online Champ easier. Your biggest barrier to online completion will be the servers. It's a challenge to join some players' pods, and even then, you'll still struggle to get a match going. However, you should have plenty of time to finish it even if you start a week or two from now. And even if you go about it leisurely, all online trophies can be obtained within a couple days.

Because of the state of these servers, the trophy I would focus on the most is Online Champ, and you will need to boost it too. I didn't find a single random in the game while playing it myself. Other trophies you should try to knock out quickly would be Get Gathering and Crowd Pleaser, since they both require involvement from other players (Though you COULD make a bunch of alt accounts yourself to meet the requirements for Crowd Pleaser if you really needed to.). The rest can be done on your own. Just make sure you have some players in your friend list with this game, since there are some trophies that require such friends.

You should be fine with a physical NA copy of the game. That's what I had, and it worked okay enough. I've also played with several others who used NA copies too and they were able to connect online well enough. I'm not 100% sure on it, but I think there are issues with the digital NA version. The online pass was removed from PlayStation Store too, so make sure that you either already have it or own a new retail copy of the game with a code for the online pass.

All in all though, this game isn't too difficult to complete.

Wow thanks so much for all the information and quick response. Your post was very detailed and you really help me a lot and for that I am truly grateful. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Nemesis_WM said:

@GoldPickle1080 yea the EU version is the most stable atm, NA physical also works to play community levels by yourself (if you have the online pass installed) I’m not sure if it still connects with the EU version but I heard it might be possible. NA digital is dead as far as I know.

Do you know if the EU digital version is working fine? 

17 minutes ago, GoldPickle1080 said:

Huh, thanks for the pointer. Do you know if US save files carry over? And do you know where I can get a few quid for an EU region store?

Hmm idk if they carry over, never tested. I think you can get the cards from Play-Asia or Amazon but not sure if they give you the code digitally.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 11:52 PM, GoldPickle1080 said:

Huh, thanks for the pointer. Do you know if US save files carry over? And do you know where I can get a few quid for an EU region store?

A bit late in response, but the US save files do not carry over. New save files are created. I thought the same thing but that's unfortunately not how it works. 

2 hours ago, dragon11gggg said:

So is anyone else having a harder time connecting on the NA server. The servers were really bad before but out of no where I can't even seem to play a level. Did they kill the servers early for NA or is this something on my end.  

I really hope they didn’t kill the servers early.  Damn I just want to unlock Online Champ already and be done with this games online trophies.

11 minutes ago, GoldPickle1080 said:

Can anyone confirm if the EU servers are still up and function? 

I'm 90 percent sure the EU servers are working fine however don't quote me on it. 

20 minutes ago, MisterMystro said:

I really hope they didn’t kill the servers early.  Damn I just want to unlock Online Champ already and be done with this games online trophies.

I know how you feel and need that to do that trophy as well but even so it most likely didn't get killed early. I have hope the NA servers will be back and there will be enough time to finished the online before the servers are dead forever.    

1 hour ago, srikir said:

Can anyone with the game and technological capability either find out its SDK or observe communication with the server to create something akin to GoneSpy?

I'm not sure how the process of bringing them back works 100 percent however I don't think it is possible to do it on this game. I think as of right now for them to have a chance of coming back they need to be from a specific company or something like that. 

ive tried digital us on 2 different ps3s and thats dead for sure in usa

i just went out shopping to try to find a disc version. gamestop has it as a expensive 15$. since time is limited you would prob need 2 discs and 2 ps3s for fastest route. not worth 15 or 30$ lol.

i looked on ebay, there some around 5-10$ i almost went that route but its not guaranteed to get here before servers shut down and might get here day of. so i skipped it and got a extra copy of gta4 for $3 lol

On 4/3/2018 at 3:38 PM, alien713 said:

This time it's on official server shutdown list. Anything that goes in there dies on time.

It was an official Sony shutdown notification when I posted the first thread. There have been other times a game got an official shutdown notice and unofficially lingered on, Kill Strain comes to mind, although it did eventually die off. I'm certainly not suggesting it's wise to expect to get the online in this game after the current deadline, I'm just saying I didn't make the last deadline up to generate interest in my own boost. ? Good luck to anyone still considering this game, you're really dancing on the edge now.