Terrible anti fun game.

Tusked-Lattice

Crazy amounts of boring grind, unlikeable characters and your average shallow action-genre  story. Mediocrity as it is. But oh, wait, there’s a glitch that makes all your countless hours spent in the game pretty much useless. This is not mediocre, this is horrible. Games are supposed to bring joy to its players, not to treat them like pieces of actual human garbage. This game belongs to a trash can. Oh yeah, that was my opinion, so no need to tell me why this game is a masterpiece or whatever or etc etc. 

Doesn’t deserve any kind of attention/10 (that goes both for the game and my review lol)

Edited by IllusionMan007

19 hours ago, IllusionMan007 said:

Crazy amounts of boring grind, unlikeable characters and your average shallow action-genre  story. Mediocrity as it is. But oh, wait, there’s a glitch that makes all your countless hours spent in the game pretty much useless. This is not mediocre, this is horrible. Games are supposed to bring joy to its players, not to treat them like pieces of actual human garbage. This game belongs to a trash can. Oh yeah, that was my opinion, so no need to tell me why this game is a masterpiece or whatever or etc etc. 

Doesn’t deserve any kind of attention/10 (that goes both for the game and my review lol)

Finally a man of culture and taste. 

19 hours ago, IllusionMan007 said:

19 minutes ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

Finally a man of culture and taste. 

It's not everyone's cup of tea but I loved this game a lot and was my second or 3rd ps4 game.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm about 40% through the entire game currently.  I had no expectations at all when it came up on PS+ and I was pleasantly surprised.  People are correct in their opinions that it is quite the grind (subjectivity at its finest, but I'd have to agree) but there are some redeeming qualities.  The brutality of the fighting is more enjoyable for me than the Assasins Creed games I've played.  The Arkham series had better storylines/content but this game is hardly complaint worthy for being free.  

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with those who dislike(d) this game.

Bad controls / button layout

Clunky movement (after playing a game like Warframe, the player movement is downright crap)

I've been "stuck" several times and had to reload

Max disappears entirely and for a 3rd person game, that is entirely unacceptable.

Fights can luckily be cheesed or are a bit too difficult otherwise in certain cases 

I have a feeling some of my actions are not counting towards the challenges!

Known glitches

Sound is junk

Those stupid storms at just the wrong time

So much pointlessness to it all

Well, gotta start what you finish.. And for the record, I really enjoyed other games like this one, just not this one. Its pretty sad when I'd rather play KZ:intercept Co-op solo than this game.

Edited by audiopile

In September 2015, I had to decide whether to purchase Mad Max -- because I trully loved the new movie -- or Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Very glad I chose the latter.

After that, I heard the game was filled with nasty glitches which prevented trophy hunters to progress. And when it was available on PS Plus, I thought it would get patched, but I still see trophy hunters complain about it. Now I've dropped my motivation to ever play it. :hmm:

Cheers to those who got the plat! :popcorn:

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

In September 2015, I had to decide whether to purchase Mad Max -- because I trully loved the new movie -- or Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Very glad I chose the latter.

After that, I heard the game was filled with nasty glitches which prevented trophy hunters to progress. And when it was available on PS Plus, I thought it would get patched, but I still see trophy hunters complain about it. Now I've dropped my motivation to ever play it. :hmm:

Cheers to those who got the plat! :popcorn:

I've read and heard about bugs in games. That's why I use guides instead of avoiding games that interest me. This game is a slow burn for me but not because of bugs. It is deep, deep, in the "active" backlog list.

Edited by TJ_Solo

On 7/28/2018 at 2:28 AM, TJ_Solo said:

I've read and heard about bugs in games. That's why I use guides instead of avoiding games that interest me. This game is a slow burn for me but not because of bugs. It is deep, deep, in the "active" backlog list.

Don't get me wrong. I really wanted to play it, but I was worried that if a glitch hit, I would waste hours of nothingness. This game is more than 50 hours to plat. If it were less than that, I might consider a playthru, but it isn't. Still, I appreciate your suggestion. :)

• 3 weeks later...