Levelling up?

Yes, at danger 1 that one is ridicolously easy. The fight took a minute tops at lv 99.

The game probably want you to fight it at Danger 5; lv 120.

I would guess that the last tainted ones are more difficult than this one though (but as the game auto saves, a game over there isn't the end of the world), but I'm saving those in case there is a new level cap in DLC.

What best weapons are there? I have the top 1 or 2 that are greyed out, so I assume I have to run the last Dreamer's Door anyway. I'm also at level 71. Was an idiot and locked myself out of the higgledy trophy because I completed the 50 tainted monsters first. 

Any other tips?

4 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Was an idiot and locked myself out of the higgledy trophy because I completed the 50 tainted monsters first. 

Wait I thought nothing was missable, how do you get locked out of the trophy? Want to make sure I don't make the same mistake. You have my sympathies. 

25 minutes ago, Bean-Dip_Man7 said:

Wait I thought nothing was missable, how do you get locked out of the trophy? Want to make sure I don't make the same mistake. You have my sympathies. 

Not locked out per se. Just added a few more hours to the plat. Just collect all higgledies and songbooks before defeating all 50 tainted monsters. I missed one higgledy, and it's behind level 77 Floode. I wasn't planning on getting the best equips yet, so I'll have to do that, too.

42 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Not locked out per se. Just added a few more hours to the plat. Just collect all higgledies and songbooks before defeating all 50 tainted monsters. I missed one higgledy, and it's behind level 77 Floode. I wasn't planning on getting the best equips yet, so I'll have to do that, too.

Ohhh gotcha. Will do, thanks for the tip. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27-4-2018 at 11:19 PM, Edunstar84 said:

I might be a bit late but what do you mean its locked out? I have done the first 50 tainted monsters, but you're saying Floode has a higgledy behind him but he's #55 on the list. I haven't done those yet but what happens if i may miss it, and you're saying it's gonna add a few more hours for plat?

3 hours ago, Snitsky1 said:

I might be a bit late but what do you mean its locked out? I have done the first 50 tainted monsters, but you're saying Floode has a higgledy behind him but he's #55 on the list. I haven't done those yet but what happens if i may miss it, and you're saying it's gonna add a few more hours for plat?

Yeah, one of the higgledies (and a songbook) is behind Floode, and you can't get around until you defeat him. So I thought I needed a few hours to go through Dreamer's Door 10 to upgrade my weapons. As it turns out, I didn't need to upgrade much, and got the last higgledy a few hours (I think) after I completed DD#10.

Nothing happens, except you can't get the trophy right away.

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2018 at 8:21 AM, Edunstar84 said:

Yeah, one of the higgledies (and a songbook) is behind Floode, and you can't get around until you defeat him. So I thought I needed a few hours to go through Dreamer's Door 10 to upgrade my weapons. As it turns out, I didn't need to upgrade much, and got the last higgledy a few hours (I think) after I completed DD#10.

Nothing happens, except you can't get the trophy right away.

Floode was easy. Level 77 dragon, I beat him at level 69. Furthermore, I didn’t grind at all for this fight.. don’t mislead people by saying it will add hours to the plat

1 minute ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

Floode was easy. Level 77 dragon, I beat him at level 69. Furthermore, I didn’t grind at all for this fight.. don’t mislead people by saying it will add hours to the plat

I guess this is a disadvantage of the Internet - completing the game I played and not correcting the statement beforehand. If it wasn't clear enough, it didn't add a few hours to the plat - I thought that I needed those hours to upgrade. I came back to the tainted monster after a few hours, not because I needed it. From what I remember, I went on to complete DD #10 first, then defeated Floode.

I've already discussed this with a few people that read my post and was asking about it. I also advised @eigen-space about including it in her guide that it's best to do the collectibles before the tainted monsters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I've already discussed this with a few people that read my post and was asking about it. I also advised @eigen-space about including it in her guide that it's best to do the collectibles before the tainted monsters.

Yes, we've definitely got this in there. Should be submitted for publication soon.

On 6/8/2018 at 0:45 PM, eigen-space said:

Yes, we've definitely got this in there. Should be submitted for publication soon.

If you follow my method, and you just play naturally, there’s honestly no need to skip tainted monsters before collectibles.. are there some tainted monsters that spank me in the #51-60? Yeah! Of course! But Floode wasn’t one of them, beat him first try, never died with my main Evan, and really didn’t struggle at all tbh.. but I guess, for the mainstream casual players, it should be put into the guide.. I’m not trying to sound like a condescending ass either.. even though it may come off that way

4 minutes ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

If you follow my method, and you just play naturally, there’s honestly no need to skip tainted monsters before collectibles.. are there some tainted monsters that spank me in the #51-60? Yeah! Of course! But Floode wasn’t one of them, beat him first try, never died with my main Evan, and really didn’t struggle at all tbh.. but I guess, for the mainstream casual players, it should be put into the guide.. I’m not trying to sound like a condescending ass either.. even though it may come off that way

Some people want the path of least resistance for their trophy hunting, others want a challenge, which is why we put a heads up in our guide. Nothing wrong with either way of playing games :) 

You're probably a really skilled player with the battle system. Unfortunately, many people aren't and would need to grind. I personally never did Floode, but I do know some of those tainted monsters weren't much of a challenge, even if they were high-leveled, based on their attack patterns being easily telegraphed. I found that going up 2-3 levels, reconfiguring my higgledies, getting better gear, and/or reconfiguring the tactics tweaker usually made things much easier.

• Like 1