Do you only need to be logged in online?

AJ_Radio

As many of you know Rayman Legends is free for this month and it definitely looks like a game I want to play at some point.

I hear a lot of complaints and gripes from players who feel the challenges and getting those cups for that silver trophy is a bit too much. The fastest achievers I see got all the trophies in two weeks, for most people getting all the trophies will take a few months of dedication.

For the friends trophy I have several alt accounts on my PS4 so I can easily self boost those trophies. For the actual challenges it sounds like I only need to be connected online, rather than play multiplayer with another player.

Is that what I only have to do? Is there anything else I'm missing on?

Self boost? You only need one side-account. Add that as friend, and make it play a decent run of a daily challenge. Then go to your own account and beat that other account's decent run 30 times or whatever it is. Yes, you can continue to beat the same other account's one decent run at one daily challenge over and over, and it will count towards the trophy. Takes some few minutes to do. I did this, and it worked fine.

What does take time is the daily and weekly challenges to rack up points to reach a specific amount of points. You get points based on what cup/trophy you get in a challenge. And if you wonder what kind of challenges these are, it's basically just get the best score on a leaderboard for that challenge. Where you got 4 challenges, 2 daily and 2 weekly, one of each is solo and one of each is co-op. This is what makes it take so long. Co-op is local co-op only, and I think shareplay doesn't work with this game (fuck you Ubisoft). You can do most of the co-op challenges single player just fine, but you're looking at an easier gold cup if you can manage two controllers etc.

The challenges are about running as far as you can in an infinite scroller runner kinda game, sometimes where you collect things. Or running to a certain point as fast as you can. Or clear screens of collectibles in as short time as possible etc.

I would highly recommend trying to get gold cup on every challenge you get access to. Shouldn't be particularly difficult IMO. Silver is the bare minimum IMO, and that's if you struggle with it big time. If you feel close to a diamond time, or discover some trick or something, go at it. I got some few diamonds, and it reduces the amount of challenges you need to do by quite a bit.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Yeah, you have to do random challenges each day. You're not playing with other players directly, but you'll be trying to get the highest "high score" (Points or how long did you took to complete it) you can.

1 minute ago, DesmaBR said:

Yeah, you have to do random challenges each day. You're not playing with other players directly, but you'll be trying to get the highest "high score" (Points or how long did you took to complete it) you can.

there's some challenges other's are good at, only have to master the run to try and reach high up at the end of the day to earn a platinum cup hopefully (myself i never gained a platinum cup) but i have gotten close a few times.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

there's some challenges other's are good at, only have to master the run to try and reach high up at the end of the day to earn a platinum cup hopefully (myself i never gained a platinum cup) but i have gotten close a few times.

True, there's those too

Just learn the behavior of the other people playing

There is some kind of a 'mindset' for each challenge which gets you gold easily (at least when u got used to the game after a while) 

Diamonds these days are quite doable, as im practically done i helped some people new to the game to diamonds, at this time the amount of players outrun the amount of professionals or skilled people, so now is the time to get diamonds

Once the amount drops, settling for golds will still be doable enough

The challenges themselves are rather short, but you can eat up a lot of time replaying them trying to get a better score.  It's up to you how much time you want to put into them each day and how far you want to push.

The grind here is to reach the final level of awesomeness.  I just finished all of non-challenge stuff a few days ago, so figuring it up based on the trophies I've earned so far in the challenges it looks like you'll need 1866 points from challenges to get there.

There's two daily and two weekly challenges where you can get 50, 10, 5, or 1 point depending on where you place (top 1%, top 20%, top 50%, top 90%).  It's not particularly difficult to place in the top 20% right now, if you've got experience with platformers.  The top 1% is more difficult, but probably easier now than it will be later.

For reference and including the challenges that are ending right about now, so far I've gotten 4 diamonds, 9 golds, and 3 silvers.  There's clearly people that have figured out a lot of tricks in this game on how to go faster etc.  I've been trying to figure some stuff out, but there's still a lot I'm missing.

@dmland12 without challenges, u got 11 diamonds (550) 224 gold (2240) 224 silver (1120) and 224 bronze (224)

Which means 4134 points, needing 1866 points through challenges

Or... 2 weeks 3 days of all diamonds

Or 11 weeks 6 days of all golds

• Like 1

If you aim for gold cups every day you can do it in about 3 months. you get 160 points per week, 640 in a month and 1920 in 3 months, Getting gold cups won't take you more than 10~15 minutes. If you can get some diamond cups occasionally that would be ideal.

Edited by Aexuz