Camp Wannalottaplat

3 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Hey there! I'll get you added. Some games can apply to many categories, but you can only count it for one. I think something like The Last of Us or Skyrim could be inserted just about anywhere this time. However, what you'll see is many people will end up picking extra games for fun or trying to get something for every category. I don't see anything wrong with trying to cover all 12 categories with just a few games and posting about how you're getting the full camp experience. That's actually kind of cool in theory. But as far as the event badge goes, I'm looking for three unique games in three unique categories. So that should answer the other question as well.

Thank you for the clarification

ill go back and edit my original post to change call of duty WWII from shoot something to Get Tested

5 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Good picks so far! Btw guys..

I FINALLY PLATINUMED MONSTER HUNTER WORLD! :D 13 weeks and 468 hours later, I want to legit cry over this lol. I'm part of the 200 club now! :')

Holy shit! That's so long. Way to persevere. Feel free to drop that disc in the mail and let it ruin my life for a few months. Hahaha.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Wow! Congrats @xMissFantasy! Thats dedication for sure!

Thanks! :P Dobby is free! ?

2 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Holy shit! That's so long. Way to persevere. Feel free to drop that disc in the mail and let it ruin my life for a few months. Hahaha.

I know eh? Thanks though! :) Man, I don't know if you want to ruin a few months of your life on one game that heavily relies on RNGesus lol. I know that not just myself wanted to chuck the effin' game out the window.. >.< MULTIPLE times haha. 

3 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

I know eh? Thanks though! :) Man, I don't know if you want to ruin a few months of your life on one game that heavily relies on RNGesus lol. I know that not just myself wanted to chuck the effin' game out the window.. >.< MULTIPLE times haha. 

I'm just joking. I was reading someone else's rant post about the RNG just yesterday. I am really interested in MHW, but I know I wouldn't put that kind of effort into it.

P.S. I think RNGesus doesn't like me already. I don't think I have enough faith to actually rely on him. 

Edited by Toogie53

48 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Good picks so far! Btw guys..

I FINALLY PLATINUMED MONSTER HUNTER WORLD! :D 13 weeks and 468 hours later, I want to legit cry over this lol. I'm part of the 200 club now! :')

Great choice for Plat 200 :)

I'm surprised Plat Rarity is over 4% even though it seems to be a long grindy one...

@ Topic

Wow so many categories. I'll start with a few but surely expand later on :)

Make Friends: Guardians of the Galaxy 0%... Seems like your typical Telltale game but i liked all them i played so far

Lake: Bioshock 2 (ps3) 88% (Plat)... Not many times swimming in water but being in a city completely underwater sounds great :D And not the first time this game is on a list in a Toogie Event ?

Hermit: Nightmares from the Deep 0%.... one of the many Artifex Mundi games untouched yet :( Solving puzzles is the main task in these adventures :)

I started Far Cry Primal just yesterday which fits for more than 1 categories but i want to finish it earlier than June ?

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I'm just joking. I was reading someone else's rant post about the RNG just yesterday. I am really interested in MHW, but I know I wouldn't put that kind of effort into it.

Oh I know. :P It's not a bad game to play with friends though but yeah, the RNG for the crowns is the most evil RNG I've dealt with. Regardless, the game is stupid easy once you finish the story and get the highest level armour/weapons. 

P.S. I prayed to RNGesus for my Kushala crowns and got them both exactly an hour apart. He never likes me either but hey, sometimes it pays off. ?

Edited by xMissFantasy

So exciting!

I’m going abroad for all but 10 days of this event, so I’m going to pick all VITA games/super short PS4 games to start out with. Once I’m abroad, I may change them depending on if I can get remote play to work reliably/I might invest in PSNow.

S2a34c1.png

Make Friends: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

I did most of this game, but what I have left is the ‘school mode’ where you literally have to become good friends with every single character in the game (it’s a bit of a grind). You do this by remembering previous conversations and matching your responses to their personalities and, the annoying part is that you’re doing this while also having to beat a timeboxed scavenging mini-game. So many times have I gotten some good friends only to fail that mini-game.

Sde061f.png

Tell A Ghost Story: Claire (VITA)

A horror game for a ghost category. Not much to add to this one.

S5045eb.png

Go Hiking: Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom

What’s better for a hiking game than a Zelda-clone adventure time game?

Bonus:

Sa1569d.png

Summer Vacation: Submerged

I’ve played 0% of this game, but rowing a canoe around an exotic city and sending postcards back home sounds pretty vacation-y.

Edited by Kittet3
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Great choice for Plat 200 :)

I'm surprised Plat Rarity is over 4% even though it seems to be a long grindy  one

I wanted to have an incredible milestone on my profile so thank you. :) Plus, I want to keep being inspirational.

It really is a long and grindy game. Some people got lucky and finished it in under 200 hours. Others, not so much. Just glad it's finally over though.

That event sounds quite fun. Is there still a space left for me to join? I'm certain I have some games in my backlog that I can put in those categories since my backlog is quite huge :D

One question for the bonus category would be, if Kingdom hearts II would be eligible. the game starts with a few friends trying to make some great days out of their last summer vacation time. But once this prologue is over there wouldn't be much that would count for that so I'm wondering if that would count...

14 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

That event sounds quite fun. Is there still a space left for me to join? I'm certain I have some games in my backlog that I can put in those categories since my backlog is quite huge :D

One question for the bonus category would be, if Kingdom hearts II would be eligible. the game starts with a few friends trying to make some great days out of their last summer vacation time. But once this prologue is over there wouldn't be much that would count for that so I'm wondering if that would count...

I'm doing KH Re:Chain of Memories for the same reason since it takes place right before KH II. It'll definitely count, I mean one of the series most infamous lines involves the phrase summer vacation. :D

Awesome pick by the way. 

Will have my list up when I get home for formatting reasons. 

Edited by Kent10201

Here's my games-

Go Hiking: Skyrim VR- I originally had this picked for the last event but i ran out of time. If i cant manage to get it done in 11 weeks then there's something seriously wrong. I could've picked any category for this but as I will be playing the majority of this on my feet with the move controllers dual wielding my trusty war axes i thought it fit nicely.

Be A Hermit: Final Fantasy IX- I have this about 60% done. Still got a speedrun playthrough to do for excalibur II and then a clean-up playthrough including 4 trophies for extensively playing different minigames. I want this as my 300th plat milestone so there's no backing out on this one.

Shoot Something: Middle-Earth:Shadow Of Mordor- I never managed to get into this the first time i played it. I didn't really give it much of a chance though so im hoping i will enjoy it more second time around. One of your main weapons is a bow.

Get Tested: Batman: Arkham Knight- I got the plat in this in the last event so it wouldn't feel right picking this as one of my 3 main games because i've only 8 trophies left to get, 6 of these will be a piece of cake. The other 2 im finding a complete nightmare though. 7 of the 8 are related to doing the A.R. challenges, that's why it fits this category.

Bonus: Final Fantasy XV- As soon as i saw the words road trip i knew i would end up picking this. I don't know why i stopped playing it first time around. Its not a bad game, its just a bad final fantasy game imo. But I think you can say that about every one after X. I think they started to go downhill when they got rid of turn based battles.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

SHOOT SOMETHING: Rise of the Tomb Raider - I am picking this because she uses a bow quite a bit. I really enjoyed working on the plat from the 2013 game. It had a long multiplayer grind, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time. I really like these cinematic action adventure games so I am very excited to dive into this one. I popped a trophy for it by playing in the menus and opening some card packs. I haven't even started the game yet.

BE A HERMIT: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - This one fits the category in multiple ways. You will of course meet a hermit. But the idea behind the category, is you have a kid at camp that just stays in and plays games and doesn't participate with all the activities. The Witcher fits this because of Gwent. You can totally just sit down and play cards for hours and hours while you ignore all the important quests you're supposed to be doing. I'm looking forward to hunkering down with this game over the summer and finally giving it the hours it demands.

These 2 are in my backlog as well and you got me seriously thinking about putting these on my list now. I wasn't a big fan of gwent though so The Witcher would be a hella challenge for me to complete. To be fair its been awhile and it might have something to do with not fully understanding how to play. ?

4 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

We are filling up quick but there's still room for you. Go ahead and figure your games out. And you don't need approval for your games. If you think it works, then that's good enough for me. In my opinion, I think Kingdom Hearts does work. Like you said, on that first island you get stuff like, playing on the beach, building a raft with your buddies, long late night talks with a girl you're crushing on, etc. Sounds like stuff that I did during summer vacation growing up. 

3 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

These 2 are in my backlog as well and you got me seriously thinking about putting these on my list now. I wasn't a big fan of gwent though so The Witcher would be a hella challenge for me to complete. To be fair its been awhile and it might have something to do with not fully understanding how to play. ?

I don't know how to play Gwent either. I just kind of know what it is and that it exists in the game. I've played a bit of the Witcher in the past and completely ignored Gwent back then.  

3 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

We are filling up quick but there's still room for you. Go ahead and figure your games out. And you don't need approval for your games. If you think it works, then that's good enough for me. In my opinion, I think Kingdom Hearts does work. Like you said, on that first island you get stuff like, playing on the beach, building a raft with your buddies, long late night talks with a girl you're crushing on, etc. Sounds like stuff that I did during summer vacation growing up. 

Wrong KH game. :P In KH2 you are literally on summer vacation. xD

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

Wrong KH game. :P In KH2 you are literally on summer vacation. xD

Doh! I missed the II in his first post. Well my point stands, KH1 would work! I haven't played any of the others. They are in my backlog and I want to go through them. KH1 was actualyl in my list for this event, but I decided to makes picks based on things already on my profile.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I call top bunk. Stay tuned for all my picks. Yes, all 13...

I'm excited to see this! 13 got me thinking about your previous comment in Spring Fling. I'm also hoping Friday the 13th makes it on to someone's list. I'm really tempted to buy it just for this specific event. 

Edited by Toogie53

Just now, Toogie53 said:

I'm excited to see this! I'm hoping Friday the 13th makes it on to someone's list. I'm really tempted to buy it just for this specific event. 

I'd play it if it wasn't a multiplayer game. Plus, the trophies look terrible.

200 hours!?

5 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Doh! I missed the II in his first post. Well my point stands, KH1 would work! I haven't played any of the others. They are in my backlog and I want to go through them. KH1 was actualyl in my list for this event, but I decided to makes picks based on things already on my profile.

You made the wrong decision, put KH on your list. :P

@Kristycism I just looked at your profile. I think Bound would be very scary to commit to with such a high completion rate going. You've already done some games I've been scared to try myself though. I'm not really fussed about my completion percentage, but I am trying to avoid adding things I know I won't finish. I want to get everything on my profile to Rank A before piling on more. Although, I fail that constantly. Already Kent has me thinking about Kingdom Hearts instead of FFXV and I also want Friday the 13th just for the sake of it being a summer camp thing. I couldn't commit to a 100% profile, I'm too scatter-brained for it. 

6 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

@Kristycism I just looked at your profile. I think Bound would be very scary to commit to with such a high completion rate going. You've already done some games I've been scared to try myself though. I'm not really fussed about my completion percentage, but I am trying to avoid adding things I know I won't finish. I want to get everything on my profile to Rank A before piling on more. Although, I fail that constantly. Already Kent has me thinking about Kingdom Hearts instead of FFXV and I also want Friday the 13th just for the sake of it being a summer camp thing. I couldn't commit to a 100% profile, I'm too scatter-brained for it. 

I see my brainwashing has worked. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.