..i hate this game

Fubuki

Terrible controls? What? Let me guess, you're holding run and X while climbing. Yeah, dont do that, causes Ezio to jump backwards because thats how its supposed to work. Seen people complain about that before and it is always baffling. The controls are perfect.

Flat plot? Ezio's journey from reckless youth to seasoned and wise Assassin is a trilogy, I think it's a little unfair to judge it without seeing his full development over the trilogy. Repetitive gameplay? There's way more variety on offer here than there is in Uncharted 2, which is a horrendously bad game and by far the worst Uncharted. It's ludicrous to suggest AC is repetitive and then to go on and praise Uncharted 2. What the fuck?

Dull graphics? Huh? AC2's world is vibrant and colourful and is a great change of pace from the dull gray/brown/black combo that was so present last gen.

• Like 2

Fully agree.

I recently picked it up for dirt cheap from CEX with the intention of finishing it and getting all the other remaining trophies after my bro played it years ago on my account.  No chance, the controls are that shit its basically unplayable.  The furthest I got was just after the first sequence when you have to follow some fat guy without being detected which is impossible to do with the shit controls.  Rather than walk the idiot would always run instead.  After getting on youtube to see exactly what I had to do I still had no joy after an hour of trying.  Gave up on the piece of shit game.

Plus the story and everything about it really didn't do anything for me at all.  Tried AC3 when I got that on plus which looked boring as fook and that will stay at 1% forever.

Everyones tastes are different but I'll never see the appeal with this fuck awful boring game series.  I hear the newer ones are better but na.  I'd rather shit in my hands and clap.

• Like 1

Well I do like the music. Ezio is kind of cool. I think Dunkey explained why I hated the game really well. How do you make an open world game with Assassins be boring?

2 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Terrible controls? What? Let me guess, you're holding run and X while climbing. Yeah, dont do that, causes Ezio to jump backwards because thats how its supposed to work. Seen people complain about that before and it is always baffling. The controls are perfect.

Flat plot? Ezio's journey from reckless youth to seasoned and wise Assassin is a trilogy, I think it's a little unfair to judge it without seeing his full development over the trilogy. Repetitive gameplay? There's way more variety on offer here than there is in Uncharted 2, which is a horrendously bad game and by far the worst Uncharted. It's ludicrous to suggest AC is repetitive and then to go on and praise Uncharted 2. What the fuck?

Dull graphics? Huh? AC2's world is vibrant and colourful and is a great change of pace from the dull gray/brown/black combo that was so present last gen.

Really? Uncharted 2 was my favorite :) loved it. I think I might platinum it again on ps3

5 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Gameplay: Talking about gameplay I actually trigged and raged many many and a loooootttt playing this game. Just those old AC game controls where he randomly jumps off buildings, doesnt do what I want and so forth made this game very annoying. Like OP posted Uncharted is also an old game and those controls are much smoother.

Who are you, DSP? Stop blaming the game because you couldn't figure out the simple control scheme. Don't hold the jump button while climbing and then he wont jump. He's doing exactly what you tell him to do because you're holding that button for no reason.

This is like complaining about not being able to walk normally as Drake because you couldn't figure out you're not supposed to hold down the aim button at all times.

Just now, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Fully agree.

I recently picked it up for dirt cheap from CEX with the intention of finishing it and getting all the other remaining trophies after my bro played it years ago on my account.  No chance, the controls are that shit its basically unplayable.  The furthest I got was just after the first sequence when you have to follow some fat guy without being detected which is impossible to do with the shit controls.  Rather than walk the idiot would always run instead.  After getting on youtube to see exactly what I had to do I still had no joy after an hour of trying.  Gave up on the piece of shit game.

What? You gave up on the game because you couldn't, for some reason, let go of the run button? Is that really so hard?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Who are you, DSP? Stop blaming the game because you couldn't figure out the simple control scheme. Don't hold the jump button while climbing and then he wont jump. He's doing exactly what you tell him to do because you're holding that button for no reason.

This is like complaining about not being able to walk normally as Drake because you couldn't figure out you're not supposed to hold down the aim button at all times.

What? You gave up on the game because you couldn't, for some reason, let go of the run button? Is that really so hard?

You're making this run and jump button a bigger deal than it is...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Made no difference if I did let go of the run button the dick head just did whatever he wanted regardless. 

I lol'd :yay:?

7 minutes ago, madbuk said:

as @The Titan said you sure get angry for something so stupid. No the controls are utter shit and yes I did figure out how to walk/run with him as I managed to drag myself through it and platted the game

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Everyones tastes are different but I'll never see the appeal with this fuck awful boring game series.  I hear the newer ones are better but na.  I'd rather shit in my hands and clap.

What a stupid hyperbole. Prove it then. Either go play Assassin's Creed Origins, or go shit in your hands and clap. We'll see which one you're going to do first.

15 minutes ago, The Titan said:

Well I do like the music. Ezio is kind of cool. I think Dunkey explained why I hated the game really well. How do you make an open world game with Assassins be boring?

Really? Uncharted 2 was my favorite :) loved it. I think I might platinum it again on ps3

I don't get the "boring". What made the world boring to you? I thought it was one of the best open worlds back then, and I still think it's great. 

On Uncharted, I actually thought the first three games were just mediocre. I thought U4 was actually very good and The Lost Legacy even better.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Titan said:

There are so many problems I have with Uncharted 2 I could be sat here ranting for ages. So let's just restrict it to single player and ignore the bullshit in MP that ND decided to pull to make everyone move onto Uncharted 3.

The plot is about as generic as it gets, a search for a magical mcguffin while the characters get no development in the process. Drake has no reason to be slaughtering hundreds of men, or to be putting himself - and, more importantly, his friends - in mortal danger for some mythical object that may not even be real. The game's opening is also pretty shitty as when you replay it later, there's more dialogue. Where was that the first time?

As for the gameplay, yikes. It has the worst balance between puzzles, exploration and shooting in the entire franchise. It's just shooty bang bangs and explosions from start to finish with one or two pitifully easy puzzles in the entire game. The platforming is as dull as ever with every climbable ledge being unnaturally painted yellow or white. It feels so shallow due to how easy everything is, why even have climbing or puzzles in the first place if you arent going to make them challenging?

The shooting was bad and RNG based too. Firing when your reticle is over the opponent isn't a guaranteed hit like it was in Uncharted 1, which is pretty bullshit, and enemy staggering is also RNG based (though the staggering is even worse in 3, admittedly).

• Like 1

Just now, Cthulhu said:

What a stupid hyperbole. Prove it then. Either go play Assassin's Creed Origins, or go shit in your hands and clap. We'll see which one you're going to do first.

I don't get the "boring". What made the world boring to you? I thought it was one of the best open worlds back then, and I still think it's great. 

On Uncharted, I actually thought the first three games were just mediocre. I thought U4 was actually very good and The Lost Legacy even better.

Boring because everything looks the same. Not much to do. The graphics are dull everything looks gray and you always fight the same enemies. Very few things to do except for side missions that all feel the same. "It's the same mission but this time it's over here on this side of the map!" How is that fun? It's just fucking lazy.

Comparing Origins with the older games isn't really fair.

It's like comparing old god of war games with the recent released one. Yes you have a franchise name but that's all.

Origins has a huge open world with the current gen formula: Open world+quests+RPG+look goddamn nice

Why is everyone so triggered all of a sudden ?..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deluziion90 said:

Comparing Origins with the older games isn't really fair.

It's like comparing old god of war games with the recent released one. Yes you have a franchise name but that's all.

Origins has a huge open world with the current gen formula: Open world+quests+RPG+look goddamn nice

Why is everyone so triggered all of a sudden 1f602.png..

I think it might actually be Ezio and he's really pissed. Not at us, because he just fell off the side of a building for the 6th time today

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, madbuk said:

There are so many problems I have with Uncharted 2 I could be sat here ranting for ages. So let's just restrict it to single player and ignore the bullshit in MP that ND decided to pull to make everyone move onto Uncharted 3.

The plot is about as generic as it gets, a search for a magical mcguffin while the characters get no development in the process. Drake has no reason to be slaughtering hundreds of men, or to be putting himself - and, more importantly, his friends - in mortal danger for some mythical object that may not even be real. The game's opening is also pretty shitty as when you replay it later, there's more dialogue. Where was that the first time?

As for the gameplay, yikes. It has the worst balance between puzzles, exploration and shooting in the entire franchise. It's just shooty bang bangs and explosions from start to finish with one or two pitifully easy puzzles in the entire game. The platforming is as dull as ever with every climbable ledge being unnaturally painted yellow or white. It feels so shallow due to how easy everything is, why even have climbing or puzzles in the first place if you arent going to make them challenging?

The shooting was bad and RNG based too. Firing when your reticle is over the opponent isn't a guaranteed hit like it was in Uncharted 1, which is pretty bullshit, and enemy staggering is also RNG based (though the staggering is even worse in 3, admittedly).

Well do you like the other uncharted games?

10 minutes ago, The Titan said:

Boring because everything looks the same. Not much to do. The graphics are dull everything looks gray and you always fight the same enemies. Very few things to do except for side missions that all feel the same. "It's the same mission but this time it's over here on this side of the map!" How is that fun? It's just fucking lazy.

See, this I get. I don't agree with it, but I see where you're coming from.

Personally I'd call the game very colourful, except that town from Sforza. I don't think enemy variety is important in a game like this, where much focus is on story, stealth and exploration instead. I think the missions are pretty varied (many open world games have side missions be repeated across the map - hell, even Horizon Zero Dawn is guilty of this). And I think the game does a great representation of Firenze, San Gimignano and Venice.

Shame you don't like it,but I definitely get why.

Looking at your arguments, I'd still say give Origins a try once it's cheap. You might be positively surprised seeing such a game came from this legacy.

10 minutes ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

1f44f.png1f4a9.png1f4a9.png1f44f.png 

Pictures or it didn't happen. It's that kind of stupid hyperbole that ruins attempts at an honest discussion.

Edited by Cthulhu

Well I guess the floodgates are open now. Bet I'll come back in a few hours and the forum page will be full of topics like "I don't like Final Fantasy VII", "The Last of Us Sucks", "Uncharted is so overrated" and "Why do people like Dark Souls"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:
12 minutes ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

1f44f.png1f4a9.png1f4a9.png1f44f.png 

Pictures or it didn't happen. It's that kind of stupid hyperbole that ruins attempts at an honest discussion.

Yea I'll not be uploading pics of my shitty hands and anus thanks you very much! 

Look no matter how much you love a game there are always going to be lots of others that hate it! You need to get over it lol

• Like 1