Dragon-Archon

Plat Race of the Lazy Scrubs - Poll Added

Plat Race Poll   58 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win and claim the title of laziest scrub?

    • Kent
    • MStalker
    • Prinny
    • Dragon
    • Yeah right, as if any of you are even going to finish this. You're all way too lazy and scrubby.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

188 posts in this topic

I'll go with these for my 2x games:

 

  1. Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wdjat Prinny Doods said:

I'll go with these for my 2x games:

 

  1. Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Ok, added it to the OP.

 

I'll be using Toukiden The Age of Demons.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:platinum: #217 - Oceanhorn

 

1Lf759a2.png

 

Rarity - 36.58%

Time - 11 hours

 

@Dragon-Archon So I need some clarification on these 2x games. We can use any previous games but starting now do we have to announce ahead of time if we want to use a future game? Or for example could someone wait until later in the event and then pick which games they want to use from all their plats?

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MStalker58 said:

:platinum: #217 - Oceanhorn

 

1Lf759a2.png

 

Rarity - 36.58%

Time - 11 hours

 

@Dragon-Archon So I need some clarification on these 2x games. We can use any previous games but starting now do we have to announce ahead of time if we want to use a future game? Or for example could someone wait until later in the event and then pick which games they want to use from all their plats?

Congrats :yay: .

 

Yeah, you can use any game that's been started and even change the games, but you have to mention it before obtaining the plat. That's because they become locked in once you have platted them. However, since I forgot about the 2x games, any plats that have been obtained between the start of the race and July 30th can also be chosen. For example: you could choose Fallout 3 to become a 2x game. However, if you were to plat Persona 4 Arena Ultimax today and mention tomorrow you'd like to use it as a 2x game, it wouldn't be possible. I hope this clears things up.

 

17 hours ago, Wdjat Prinny Doods said:

@Dragon-Archon Actually change Star Ocean to Toukiden Age of Demons. Forgot I'll be starting that soon dood

Not cool dood.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MStalker58 said:

:platinum: #217 - Oceanhorn

 

1Lf759a2.png

 

Rarity - 36.58%

Time - 11 hours

 

@Dragon-Archon So I need some clarification on these 2x games. We can use any previous games but starting now do we have to announce ahead of time if we want to use a future game? Or for example could someone wait until later in the event and then pick which games they want to use from all their plats?

Congrats :yay: .

 

Yeah, you can use any game that's been started and even change the games, but you have to mention it before obtaining the plat. That's because they become locked in once you have platted them. However, since I forgot about the 2x games, any plats that have been obtained between the start of the race and July 30th can also be chosen. For example: you could choose Fallout 3 to become a 2x game. However, if you were to plat Persona 4 Arena Ultimax today and mention tomorrow you'd like to use it as a 2x game, it wouldn't be possible. I hope this clears things up.

 

14 hours ago, Wdjat Prinny Doods said:

@Dragon-Archon Actually change Star Ocean to Toukiden Age of Demons. Forgot I'll be starting that soon dood

Not cool dood.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What`s with the 3x same post?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leon Castle said:

What`s with the 3x same post?

Oh wow, didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I posted this when the site was creating a backup, which messed things up :facepalm: .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dragon-Archon So how are games with no guides going to work? I know in the Maidens race they're using the 50th place time on the site so will we be doing the same? If so, I'd like to make Super Dungeon Bros my second 2X game, if not then please leave it blank for now. 

Edited by Kent
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kent said:

@Dragon-Archon So how are games with no guides going to work? I know in the Maidens race they're using the 50th place time on the site so will we be doing the same? If so, I'd like to make Super Dungeon Bros my second 2X game, if not then please leave it blank for now. 

 

Hmmm....I've been meaning to make a guide for that game for a while

 

:awesome:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

 

Hmmm....I've been meaning to make a guide for that game for a while

 

:awesome:

That would require you to remember all of the horrible moments you had with it. I'm sure you don't want to do that.....right? :awesome:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kent said:

That would require you to remember all of the horrible moments you had with it. I'm sure you don't want to do that.....right? :awesome:

 

I'd relive those horrible memories, just so there was a guide to help you along with the platinum 😘

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

 

I'd relive those horrible memories, just so there was a guide to help you along with the platinum 1f618.png

How kind of you. Rather than do all that formatting you should just give me more tips. :P No need to write a guide for that trash game. :awesome:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another month has passed, so time for another update.

 

@Kent - 579.24 -> 1,000.67 points

Kent had a good month, adding 4 plats that increased his score with 421.43 points. Though he's not very keen on posting updates, so I may have to resort to ignoring plats that aren't posted here for future updates to reduce my workload :awesome: . The plats for Assassin's Creed Origins and Seasons After Fall have nice images, which is always a bonus. He has been playing many different games, so it's going to be a surprise which games are going to be platted soon. There's still no sign of Persona 5 or Mugen Souls being among those though :ninja: .

 

1Ld659b2.png1L24bade.png1L882b09.png1Lda6ce1.png

 

@MStalker58 - 592.61 -> 972.49 points

Stalker also grabbed 4 plats this month, though those weren't enough to stay ahead of Kent in terms of points due to Gran Turismo 6 having a 79% point reduction. He still played some RPGs, which led me to changing his intro a bit to being a JRPG hater instead of an RPG hater. I'm looking forward to see if the reverse psychology will still work, though something tells me that mentioning this kind of ruins it :hmm: . Anyway, besides those 4 plats Stalker also completed Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. Although it has no plat, it still deserves a special mention. As for future plats: it looks like Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is close to being platted, only 1 more trophy is needed. This is known to be the hardest trophy of the game, but looking at Stalker's trophy cabinet, I wouldn't be surprised to see the plat during the next update.

 

1L9ab615.png1L848165.png1L474944.png1Lf759a2.png

 

@Wdjat Prinny Doods - 859.29 -> 1,373.58 points

Prinny popped a single plat (Tales of Berseria), but it's a nice one. It's also worth 514.29 points and that's with a 31% point reduction. It's also the plat that's worth the most points so far in this race. The Dood has also been playing multiple games, but Dragon Ball Fighter Z is very close to being platted. It's just the zeni grind that's standing between Prinny and a new plat.

 

1L641a65.png

 

@Dragon-Archon - 105.25 -> 492.75 points

This month I managed to plat 3, which is more than expected. Criminal Girls yielded the most points and Cat Quest was hardly worth anything. Most the of gaming time went into Entwined and after 25+ hours it's still not finished :facepalm: . I think that says enough about how much I suck at that game, as the guide estimates it can be completed in 5 hours. Besides that, Cyberdimension Neptunia is close to being platted, so expect to see it in the next update.

 

1L280f71.png1Lcd4e46.png1L10438f.png

 

Here are some stats of the race:

  • Total amount of plats obtained:
    • Kent: 9
    • Stalker: 6
    • Prinny: 6
    • Dragon: 5
  • Average points per plat:
    • Kent: 111.19
    • Stalker: 162.08
    • Prinny: 228.93
    • Dragon: 98.55
  • Plat that's worth the most points: Tales of Berseria (Prinny) - 514.29
  • Plat that's worth the least points: God Eater 2 Rage Burst (Dragon) - 5.25

 

tl;dr

Point ranking:

  1. Prinny
  2. Kent
  3. Stalker
  4. Dragon

 

Laziness ranking:

  1. Dragon
  2. A tie between Stalker and Prinny
  3. Kent
13 hours ago, Kent said:

@Dragon-Archon So how are games with no guides going to work? I know in the Maidens race they're using the 50th place time on the site so will we be doing the same? If so, I'd like to make Super Dungeon Bros my second 2X game, if not then please leave it blank for now. 

Hmm, I'm hesitant to use the 50 fastest achievers, as that gives a highly inaccurate playtime. The fastest one is a little over 2 days and the 50th is over 2 months.

 

12 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

 

Hmmm....I've been meaning to make a guide for that game for a while

 

:awesome:

How long would you estimate the playtime to plat Super Dungeon Bros?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dragon-Archon I try and repress my memories of Super Dungeon Bros as much as possible :giggle:

 

With the most recent update, I'd say around 50 hours to take into account doing the challenges and the grinding.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Wdjat Prinny Doods said:

@Dragon-Archon How will you determine time for something without a guide then dood?

For past events I have used https://howlongtobeat.com/ to get an indication of how long a game takes to complete. While this isn't accurate either, it gives a better indication than the 50 fastest achievers. However, it seems Super Dungeon Bros has no completion times :facepalm: . I was thinking about asking some people that platted the game to give an estimate, unless someone has a better alternative?

 

15 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

@Dragon-Archon I try and repress my memories of Super Dungeon Bros as much as possible :giggle:

 

With the most recent update, I'd say around 50 hours to take into account doing the challenges and the grinding.  

Ah, I see. In that case: take a look at what I have here hypnosis-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862. Watch how it swings: left, right, left, right, left.... you get the idea :P . As you watch you feel relaxed and very sleepy. In fact, you're so relaxed that the lock on the Super Dungeon Bros' memories opens and you're going to write a guide about it :awesome: . When I snap my fingers, you won't remember anything about this conversation, except for feeling the irresistible urge to write said guide :giggle:  *snaps fingers*.

 

Edited by Dragon-Archon
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ah, I see. In that case: take a look at what I have here hypnosis-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862. Watch how it swings: left, right, left, right, left.... you get the idea :P . As you watch you feel relaxed and very sleepy. In fact, you're so relaxed that the lock on the Super Dungeon Bros' memories opens and you're going to write a guide about it :awesome: . When I snap my fingers, you won't remember anything about this conversation, except for feeling the irresistible urge to write said guide :giggle:  *snaps fingers*.

 

 

Memories flooding back....the glitches, the crashes and the infinite bonie grind.  Yea, I'm going to have to lay down and cry for a while :giggle:

 

@MStalker58 Says SDB is a 1-2 hour plat :ninja:

 

Also, not using the 50th time has probably crushed Kent's hopes and dreams.  Maybe some kind of average could be used in cases where there is no guide and nothing on howlongtobeat?

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

For past events I have used https://howlongtobeat.com/ to get an indication of how long a game takes to complete. While this isn't accurate either, it gives a better indication than the 50 fastest achievers. However, it seems Super Dungeon Bros has no completion times :facepalm: . I was thinking about asking some people that platted the game to give an estimate, unless someone has a better alternative?

 

The event I'm doing with Zolkovo uses the 25th percentile (so the #25 person's time if there are 100 completions) of game completion times here on PSNP and we have the following as multiplier levels:

 

0-1 Day (0hrs-24 hrs) with a 0.1 multiplier

1-2 Days (24hrs1sec-2 Days) with a 0.5 multipler

2-7 Days (2D1Sec-7Days) with a 1.0 multipler

7-14 Days with a 1.5 multiplier

14-30 Days with a 2.0 multiplier

30+ Days with a 3.0 multipler

 

We agreed to readjust multipler values if a game is new by looking at the stats 6 months after release (or Dec 31st as that's when our event ends).

We also toyed with the idea of looking at other regions' stacks if another region had a higher volume of completions (more data points = more accurate) but didn't find much of a difference in the games we looked at.

 

For DLC, we use the 10th percentile for the base game, and all DLC packs are calculated separately and given the 1x multiplier. The biggest problem is with games that have DLC released months or even years after the base game's release. Things like GTA V or FFXV have artificially inflated completion times due to the fact that their DLC was released years after the base game. We can't see the "Fastest Platinum" leaderboards, only fastest completion.... unless someone knows something I don't know. We couldn't come up with a good way of handling this systematically :/

 

EDIT: Visual novels, games that can be autopopped, or ones that have debug menus/other "cheats" are given the 1x multiplier so long as the player didn't skip/auto-pop.

Edited by eigen-space
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're not using the 50th time like the maidens, I think using the average of the top 50 times might be the best way to go about it . Howlongtobeat tends to be inaccurate a lot of the time and is also unavailable for more niche games (Super Dungeon Bros is a prime example and also wouldn't take into account that the glitches could add another 10-unknown hours to the plat time) Meanwhile, a person's estimate on a game might be the experience that person alone had. For example, there's been plenty of cases where a guide will be posted and then the guide time will be requested to be changed as much as 20-30 hours in some instances. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

 

Memories flooding back....the glitches, the crashes and the infinite bonie grind.  Yea, I'm going to have to lay down and cry for a while :giggle:

 

@MStalker58 Says SDB is a 1-2 hour plat :ninja:

 

Also, not using the 50th time has probably crushed Kent's hopes and dreams.  Maybe some kind of average could be used in cases where there is no guide and nothing on howlongtobeat?

 

 

No, go write a guide about it first wait-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862524.

 

Hmm, somehow I think Stalker has an ulterior motive with that estimate :hmm: . @MStalker58 how long did it really take you?

 

16 hours ago, eigen-space said:

The event I'm doing with Zolkovo uses the 25th percentile (so the #25 person's time if there are 100 completions) of game completion times here on PSNP and we have the following as multiplier levels:

 

0-1 Day (0hrs-24 hrs) with a 0.1 multiplier

1-2 Days (24hrs1sec-2 Days) with a 0.5 multipler

2-7 Days (2D1Sec-7Days) with a 1.0 multipler

7-14 Days with a 1.5 multiplier

14-30 Days with a 2.0 multiplier

30+ Days with a 3.0 multipler

 

We agreed to readjust multipler values if a game is new by looking at the stats 6 months after release (or Dec 31st as that's when our event ends).

We also toyed with the idea of looking at other regions' stacks if another region had a higher volume of completions (more data points = more accurate) but didn't find much of a difference in the games we looked at.

 

For DLC, we use the 10th percentile for the base game, and all DLC packs are calculated separately and given the 1x multiplier. The biggest problem is with games that have DLC released months or even years after the base game's release. Things like GTA V or FFXV have artificially inflated completion times due to the fact that their DLC was released years after the base game. We can't see the "Fastest Platinum" leaderboards, only fastest completion.... unless someone knows something I don't know. We couldn't come up with a good way of handling this systematically :/

 

EDIT: Visual novels, games that can be autopopped, or ones that have debug menus/other "cheats" are given the 1x multiplier so long as the player didn't skip/auto-pop.

 

Using the 25th percentile yields an average of 121.6429 hours. There are only 55 people that have platted the game, so this is based on 14 (13.75 rounded up) times.

 

15 hours ago, Kent said:

If we're not using the 50th time like the maidens, I think using the average of the top 50 times might be the best way to go about it . Howlongtobeat tends to be inaccurate a lot of the time and is also unavailable for more niche games (Super Dungeon Bros is a prime example and also wouldn't take into account that the glitches could add another 10-unknown hours to the plat time) Meanwhile, a person's estimate on a game might be the experience that person alone had. For example, there's been plenty of cases where a guide will be posted and then the guide time will be requested to be changed as much as 20-30 hours in some instances. 

Using the average of the 49 fastest achievers (the 50th is missing for some reason, it goes from 49 to 51 :hmm: ) yields a completion time of 476.3265 hours.... yeah, no this is not accurate at all as it also takes into account time that people didn't spend on the game.

 

Here's a copy of the Excel sheet.

Spoiler

F2vUoTh.png

 

I know times can change in guides and the amount is tied to the overall time needed to plat. The 20-30 hours is very rare and only happens with games that take >150 hours. The Monster Hunter World guide used to be 350 hours, then it was reduced to 300 due to the game receiving new updates and events.

 

@zajac9999 @Danny_Johansen Do you remember how many hours you spent on platting Super Dungeon Bros? If so, could you give an estimate about how long people with average gaming skills would need.

 

If anyone else knows people from the list of plat achievers, feel free to ask them how long it took, though please do so here on a public forum.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Do you remember how many hours you spent on platting Super Dungeon Bros? If so, could you give an estimate about how long people with average gaming skills would need.

 

I estimate the game at around 20-30 hours.

 

Around half of that will be spent on farming the kill related trophies. They are very glitchy so you can get them after only a couple hours or 10+ hours. The game allows you to pick up 2 buffs at the start of the game and they break the games difficulty so I don't think skill will have a big impact on time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Do you remember how many hours you spent on platting Super Dungeon Bros? If so, could you give an estimate about how long people with average gaming skills would need.

Took me about 20 or so, maybe slightly less. So for the person with average gaming skills, maybe 10? :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

 

Using the 25th percentile yields an average of 121.6429 hours. There are only 55 people that have platted the game, so this is based on 14 (13.75 rounded up) times.

 

 

 

Based on the multiplier system that we're using, it would have a 1x multiplier, so your 20-49hr range, which seems to jive with what @Danny_Johansen is saying. Similar to what you were saying about @Kent's suggestion, my method isn't straight playtime so it's the multipliers you'd need to match up :P

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a 1x multiplier would be fair for Super Dungeon Bros.  I did find an estimated completion time on True Achievements of 30 hours so it fits with what everyone else has said.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.