World Cup 2018 Prediction Thread

Connie

@sephiroth4424 is the new leader. @ahmedelebiary was the highest scorer this round with 9 points. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LTxzNGHm6cgB0_06l55dsKeVtPytqG7w3jxN_Yq5aL8

I just want to make sure that I calculated the scores correctly. 

For example, some people predicted a 2-1 win for England. Although England did win on penalties, am I right in saying that you would receive 0 points for that prediction?

If I am wrong then I will quickly fix it.

Edited by Smzthy

2 minutes ago, Smzthy said:

@sephiroth4424 is the new leader. @ahmedelebiary was the highest scorer this round with 9 points. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LTxzNGHm6cgB0_06l55dsKeVtPytqG7w3jxN_Yq5aL8

For example, some people predicted a 2-1 win for England. Although England did win on penalties, am I right in saying that you would receive 0 points for that prediction?

Zero points.The score was draw.Also shit, i forgot to post the new predictions.This is the hardest pick so far

• Like 1

On 28/06/2018 at 9:09 PM, Conn Snow said:

For example if you predict a 1-1 draw (rightscore) right team to win = 3

if you predict a 1-1 draw (rightscore) wrong team to win =2

if you predict a 1-1 draw (wrongscore) right team to win = 2

If you predict a 1-1 draw (wrongscore) wrong team to win = 1

Extra time is basically the same as 90 mins in terms of scoring

On 28/06/2018 at 9:13 PM, Zolkovo said:

OK great that clarifies everything that goes to penalties.

What if we predict Team A 0 - 0 Team B, with Team B winning on penalties. Instead Team B wins during normal time with a score of 0 - 1. Is that 0 points or 1 point because we still guessed which Team were going to win?

On 28/06/2018 at 9:18 PM, Conn Snow said:

0 points for that. It'll be the same if you predict a 2-1 win for one team but they only win on penalties. T

Think thats the best way to do it

@Smzthy Hopefully that clears it up!

P.S. I like what you did with the last updated :P

@sephiroth4424 Your scores are very consistent, seems like you're finishing as strong as you started. (Jinx)

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Smzthy said:

"Colombia vs the 2018 champions" - are you trying to jinx England? ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

In anticipation of the upcoming match, this is what I imagine a training camp with Neymar looks like:

Image result for neymar dive gif

That's nothing, true pros train until they are actually able to become legally dead on command and stay that way until after the red card is shown.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nimera said:

I never thought that belgium would be able to eliminate brazil. what a surprise!!

Lol, then do actually watch football or are you trying to disrespect belgium?

If you look at belgium's lineup on paper nobody should be able to beat them except for france and spain.

Brazil losing was already a sign seeing how bad Brazil were in the groupstage, if they didnt get lucky with costa rica they wouldnt even been able to get out of the groupstage ?...

18 minutes ago, ZireaelSan said:

Lol, then do actually watch football or are you trying to disrespect belgium?

If you look at belgium's lineup on paper nobody should be able to beat them except for france and spain.

Brazil losing was already a sign seeing how bad Brazil were in the groupstage, if they didnt get lucky with costa rica they wouldnt even been able to get out of the groupstage 1f602.png...

I can't give an opinion on here?

6 hours ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Lol, then do actually watch football or are you trying to disrespect Brazil?

If you look at Brazil`s lineup on paper nobody should be able to beat them except for france and spain.

Brazil losing was not predicted seeing how bad Belgium were in the groupstage and Round of 16, if they didnt get lucky with Having Panama and Tunisia and beating England`s second team and reserves  they wouldnt even been able to get out of the groupstage 1f602.png  there, fixed it for you

Belgium struggled in R16 against Japan, and won today partially thanks to Courtois` 9 saves, so don`t try to be disrespectful towards other people just because they are sharing their opinion in a friendly thread.. 

Lol belgium's second team has beaten Englands second team, with a beautifull goal we were lucky amiright?

If you talk like that Then every big nation is lucky to be in the knock out phase.

And it was not pure luck that Belgium had they came back from a deficit 0-2 wich so far no team in this world cup has done. kerel kijkt naar de match met een bril zeker?

Whatever man, brazil not being able to beat switzerland and barely beating costa rica at the 94e minute surely showed how great they are, lol.

Meanwhile belgium had the most goals scored in the group phase out of all of the countries.

Every big nation is able to beat Brazil, this is not the legendary team of 20-40 years ago were people would say before the game, ok fuck we lost this.

Oh well next time come up with a better copy and paste/facts no need to be a SJW when your opinion is bad and incorrect lol. ???

Belgium won because of their deadly counters, wich if you did watch were really good.

And also Brazils best player not being on the pitch helps aswell.?

Edited by ZireaelSan