A Link to the Past is getting a sequel!

Toxi

The last several Zeldas have been mediocre  to bad. This is just another cash in by Nintendo and I for one couldn't care less.

Interesting, just curious did you play Skyward Sword? Anyway different strokes 'n all that.

• Like 1

Interesting, just curious did you play Skyward Sword? Anyway different strokes 'n all that.

I'm not Mayus, but I did play Skyward Sword as well. Total let down from the previous games. Twilight Princess even felt a little... lacking.... compared to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Oracle of Season's remains my favorite top down Zelda still though,

I'm Definitely interested in this....

But I agree that the Last 2 Zeldas were.... Not Worth it...

I'm having trouble agreeing with you a bit. They havent been bad games, but the certainly don't live up to the Zelda name. I'd still say I got the enjoyment  for what I paid, but I also got them around half the release prices.

The last several Zeldas have been mediocre  to bad. This is just another cash in by Nintendo and I for one couldn't care less.

Hold up, it's not PS360's biased opinion and if you look carefully, it's a Zelda game "most" have played and love.  

I am definitely interested in the game, but I won't buy a new system for it.  Loved that shit for the GameBoy

Skyward Sword is one of them that I put in the mediocre category. If it came out early Wii then fine it would have ranked a little higher but by 2011 it showed that Nintendo still doesn't have a clue. The battle system was lacking, the story was lacking, the graphics were good for the WIi but that is about it.

Look Nintendo has released close to 20 Zeldas by now and the fact that we keep getting the same game over and over is beyond lazy.

I am playing God of War 6 right now and I can't even bring myself to play it because I have played this game before. Now imagine if Sony announced God of War 20  how excited I would get.

Nintendo needs to kill off Mario, Zelda and Pokemon and move onto new things. Of course if they did that then no one would buy their systems because that is the only games people care about because their fans have never moved on.

I expect more out of game companies and I am done giving my money to companies that just don't care anymore (I will not buy another God of War either)

I'm having trouble agreeing with you a bit. They haven't been bad games, but the certainly don't live up to the Zelda name. I'd still say I got the enjoyment  for what I paid, but I also got them around half the release prices.

I understand what you mean.... But what I meant was that They Didn't even Feel Like Zelda to me.... just Some Random adventure Games....

They Were not Worthy of the "Zelda" Name

This is Just my Opinion...

Edited by Joshua-Takara

I just hope they don't drown the gameplay in gimmicks and touch screen shit like the recent Zelda games...LttP on SNES was AMAZING, but this has me wondering if it'll even be half as good.  I guess we'll see as more information gets out.

Take Paper Mario Sticker Star.  The first few screenshots we got had it looking great, it had partners, etc.  None of the stuff that actually made it to the final version.  Instead we got some wannabe Paper Mario game that took out all the incentive for fighting random battles (seriously, it actually kinda punishes you for it, since half the time you end up wasting stickers), no exp/leveling, way more linear, no badges....

Edited by gamerm1337
  • Like 3

The only Legend of Zelda game I did not love, was Legend of Zelda II. Every game I have played is amazing, and if I get a 3DS (hopefully soon) I will pick this up the first day. Twilight Princess still remains in my top 10 games due to the beautiful art style and atmosphere, and Skyward Sword had some of the best puzzles and enemies I have ever played. So far, I have not seen Legend of Zelda change from the masterpieces of the 1990s. At the end of the day, it is still a laid back, beautiful game with one of the best heroes in games to me.

Phantom Hourglass is also my favorite DS Lite game

• Like 1

Skyward Sword had some of the best puzzles and enemies I have ever played. So far, I have not seen Legend of Zelda change from the masterpieces of the 1990s. At the end of the day, it is still a laid back, beautiful game with one of the best heroes in games to me.

Agree 100% with this. I haven't noticed any apparent lack of quality in the newer games, so my expectations are high for this one :D

I think some people tend to be over critical about nintendo sticking with Zelda, Mario etc. so much love goes into those games and honestly I think any time one of Nintendos 'rehashed' games come out they are still better then almost anything thats current in whatever genre it is.

• Like 1

I was intended on reinvesting in a 3DS for Pokemon and Animal Crossing, so will definitely be checking this out. Nothing for the 3DS really grabbed me & I got rid of my last one after playing the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time.

Looking forward to seeing what this game has to offer, just hope it doesn't disappoint as for me Link to the Past was one of the best in the series

• Like 1

I don't have the 3DS, if I did I'd surely play it. But any handhelds don't really interest me that much...

Wind Waker was one of my favourite games of all time (it's a constant struggle between this one and MGS3 in my top 1 haha), and even though I never finished Ocarina, I did play Twilight Princess... it wasn't a bad game, however - and here I agree with Christopher - it's a big deal to have the "Zelda" name on it. But I can't say much because I haven't played any of the others.

I hope it's a good game anyway :)

Last few portable Zelda games kinda burnt the heck out of me on the entire franchise. So I am going to wait for user reviews who aren't zombies or following the "Pharaohs of the Internet" and corrupt journalism before buying it at an heavy discounted price. Nintendo to me needs to do fresh and new ideas and revives some franchises that did well for em in the past *Cough Mother* like they did with Kid Icarus.  So I'm wait for it before buying it discounted of course.

• Like 1