Gold Medals

FranciRoosters

9 hours ago, realm722 said:

Hideaway Gold Medal:

Hideaway Attempt #1: 17:52

Hideaway Attempt #2: 15:03

Hideaway Attempt #3: 14:18 (4 DEATHS!!!)

Hideaway Attempt #4: 13:39 (1 DEATH)

Hideaway Attempt #5: 13:36 (1 DEATH)

Hideaway Attempt #6: 13:11 (messed up slope flame jump towards end DANG IT)

Hideaway Attempt #7: 13:11+ (stupid amount of dumb little mistakes, kicking bucket)

Hideaway Attempt #8: 13:06 (stupid goof on the slopes)

Hideaway Attempt #9: 12:58!!!! 

I HAVE SEEN THE MOUNTAINTOP AND IT IS GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My last gold medal! Ever since I started playing this game in November 2018 - I FINALLY have all of them done. To be honest, the videos and tips and tricks on this forum and on YouTube helped me a ridiculous amount. I just kept freaking choking in places like on attempts #6 and #8 but even as I missed the perfect timing on the flame section 3ish minute mark AND goofed up again on the launching pads - I managed to finish underneath the 2-second mark. I am thrilled with this as it may just be my toughest ever non-sports platinum on the brink. I need to do the bonus levels, but I'm gonna go ahead and get another platinum elsewhere to make this my 100th. It's been one hell of a journey but I'm almost at it's end!

Congrats man that is really awesome! ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tried a speedrun earlier and I can understand why the gold medals are really hard. You have to know the entire levels like the back of your hand and one small mistake will screw everything up. You can't even stop for a split second either, you literally need to be on the move all the time. So brutal and unforgiving. I just don't have the capacity to think quickly whilst under pressure ?

• 1 month later...

I've slowly been getting gold on all levels except for Ashes to ashes and Hideaway at this point.

Something feels off about the time in the game tho.

I have followed a couple of youtube videos where someone gets a time like 10-15 seconds under the requirement and I have even done a few skips not shown in those videos and I still get a time like 10 seconds over the requirement. Then I retry the level and it feels like I'm doing as well/bad as before but suddenly I meet the requirement...

I don't know if the loading times are different from time to time or if I'm just missing a few fractions of a second here and there.

The no death trophies are definitely bugged or something (but in a good way) because I have gotten all of them on test runs where I have died at least one or two times.

I’m finally done with all gold medals. Hideaway wasn’t the hardest one for me but maybe thats because I did all the others first so I guess my ”skills” improved that way. 12:59 on hideaway was a bit too close for comfort but I had a few mistakes so there is some room for error.

Now I have to grind all the challenges for the final trophy!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Horrible experience so far, took me a few solid hours of attempts to solo the gold medal in Little Frogs, compulsive restarting gaming of the nauseating kind lol. Without the slow loading screens I would have made it sooner, I should probably play it when I'll get a PS5 for faster loading times, as someone suggested me.

• 1 month later...

I'm missing just the factory level gold medal and the bonus levels gold medal. In my best run in the factory level, without dying of course, I did everything perfectly, even skipping some parts with the wall jump trick, and yet I'm 17 seconds above the time limit for gold, left this for last because the guide states that you can take your time in this level, that's not my experience, it's as hair pulling as most of the levels. At least I'm almost done with this pretty brutal plat and probably also done with this saga.

Edit. 14:32 because I've missed the last swing jump ?‍♂️ I confirm, you can't take your time even in this level.

Edited by Brightblade76

• 6 months later...
On 1/2/2021 at 5:45 AM, conkervertex said:

Guys, if Hideaway is giving you trouble, learn this technique and use it to your advantage. Was able to get the trophy with no problem if you do everything right afterwards and keep moving. I would say know the level like the back of your hand, master the spot when you have to outrace the enemies before the park and don't die.

Anyway, after you learn this technique, use it in the room with box at the beginning of the level and go straight for the window. Jump over the sparkly stand point where one of the yarnys are supposed to stand. Keep climbing it until you're out at the top and proceed with clearing the level as you normally would. You will skip the box puzzle and the cutscene where the boy opens the window for her. In fact, he'll still be outside (glitch, lol). This will save you a good bit of time! If you're keeping up your fast pace and don't make any huge mistakes along the way, you'll get it. Best of luck!

The way to do the technique is in the description of the video. 

I didn't started the gold times but this will be useful. Thank you!

10 minutes ago, Rikorus_Boss said:

ps5 and ps4 have the same trophy list, because I read ps5 has faster loading screen but this way you wont start new trophy list?

Yes, there's no native PS5 version of this game. If playing on PS5, you are just playing the PS4 version in backwards compatibility mode.

PS5's faster loading times will most likely help with the time trials a little bit.