dont be like me and mess up your save

Rorro_Lux

Remember, if you time skip ALWAYS, ALWAYS TURN OFF network > connect to internet box.EDIT: ( i have been informed by a lovely person that you can uncheck the update clock via internet option) I made that mistake and its gonna lock me out of getting 100 objectives done, and i was pretty close too. so to all of you learn from my mistakes. Ill have to start over to get that one and I only have myself to blame for not reading up more about it.

To anyone else feel free to share any mishaps you have performed so that others may avoid this.

Maybe have this as a tips thread if there isnt already one.

If there is please disregard and happy gaming to you.

Edit: I think i may have confused people by saying i was locked out of objectives. That was incorrect. I meant that i can no longer skip ones that are too hard or annoying. if i want to skip them it costs more and more quantum.

I didnt go back in time if anyone is wondering.

Edited by Lord_Luxus
corrections

7 minutes ago, Lord_Luxus said:

Remember, if you time skip ALWAYS, ALWAYS TURN OFF network > connect to internet box. I made that mistake and its gonna lock me out of getting 100 objectives done, and i was pretty close too. so to all of you learn from my mistakes. Ill have to start over to get that one and I only have myself to blame for not reading up more about it.

To anyone else feel free to share any mishaps you have performed so that others may avoid this.

What issue did you run into?

1 hour ago, With-Evil-Intent said:

No it doesn't screw up the objectives I Time Skipped and I got the trophy just fine, Just make sure you don't Time Skip backwards it can cause issues.

Don't do this. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone else when it comes to an game exploit that has been reported as unstable by multiple people.

Maybe it's because after you turn the console off and then on, the date and time will be obtained online and revert to the correct one?

I'm using timeskip nonstop here, and when I stop playing I take note of the date and time I was, making sure to not go back in time ever.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tearraven said:

Don't do this. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone else when it comes to an game exploit that has been reported as unstable by multiple people.

On different systems, so far they have not been any serious problems with.PS4 timeskipping, other than people doing.it wrong

Remember, mobiles.are all.different, as far as.we.know, the problems were down to underpowered devices yhay couldnt cope with the timeskipping,.same for tablets

I havent really seen.any.problems.with the Xboxone.version.either. All I see is this "dont do that, it corrupts ur save", yet I havent seen any reports of this on the.consoles

Its all coming.from.phones/tablets which.is not a.reliable testing.ground anyway due.to.the.inconsistency of device power

So far,.I.have seen NO problems with the PS4, for how.bad this corruption is.supposed to.be, should.have heard something.by now at.least

And for TC, how.exactly did the.network cause u.problem? The game doesn.even.have.any.online.features.so where.is the problem?? If u have been timeskipping, of.course u.need.to turn off the 'update clock via.internet', no.need to turn the actual network off though

2 hours ago, bercoelho said:

Maybe it's because after you turn the console off and then on, the date and time will be obtained online and revert to the correct one?

I'm using timeskip nonstop here, and when I stop playing I take note of the date and time I was, making sure to not go back in time ever.

This, every time I stop I always make sure I will never load on a date behind were I stopped

5 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

What issue did you run into?

what happened for me was dwellers out exploring the wastes would get nothing, they would not battle or collect anything. Tried restarting the app. tried bringing them home and sending them back out.

The other problem is days would not progress. no daily evaluations.

I think i may have confused people by saying i was locked out of objectives. That was incorrect. I meant that i can no longer skip ones that are too hard or annoying. if i want to skip them it costs more and more quantum.

so technically im not locked out, just heavily slowed down. sorry for the confusion

but i still stand by not doing what I did. 

43 minutes ago, Lord_Luxus said:

what happened for me was dwellers out exploring the wastes would get nothing, they would not battle or collect anything. Tried restarting the app. tried bringing them home and sending them back out.

The other problem is days would not progress. no daily evaluations.

I think i may have confused people by saying i was locked out of objectives. That was incorrect. I meant that i can no longer skip ones that are too hard or annoying. if i want to skip them it costs more and more quantum.

so technically im not locked out, just heavily slowed down. sorry for the confusion

but i still stand by not doing what I did. 

Nothing to do with the internet buddy, thats because u didnt time skip properly

Timeskipping MUST be done right, I may make a new thread with all the info as people still are still being misled

6 hours ago, Lord_Luxus said:

Remember, if you time skip ALWAYS, ALWAYS TURN OFF network > connect to internet box. I made that mistake and its gonna lock me out of getting 100 objectives done, and i was pretty close too. so to all of you learn from my mistakes. Ill have to start over to get that one and I only have myself to blame for not reading up more about it.

Edit: I think i may have confused people by saying i was locked out of objectives. That was incorrect. I meant that i can no longer skip ones that are too hard or annoying. if i want to skip them it costs more and more quantum.

What I did to fix that issue is I stayed online, manually changed the time, and saved/backed up save game. closed the app and enter rest mode on my ps4 what happened was date was reset to correct time and date and in game all time rewards were reset so I was able to claim daily rewards by only going forward a day or week. 

14 minutes ago, rampantMoose said:

I have experienced the exact same issues as Lord_Luxus, yet I am 100% certain that I have never timeskipped when connected to the Internet.

Its because its nothing to do with the internet,.the game isnt online. Obviously u.need to.disable update clock via.internet.function

I will.make a.new thread later with.all.the variables.surrounding.timeskippimg. it works perfect if.done.right, but there are some..variables that others are.leaving.out when.adcising.others on.timeskipping

Its these smaller variables that are catching.people out

8 hours ago, Lord_Luxus said:

Just change the look of the room and the game will ask you to overload, then everything works as it should

1 hour ago, zombie_ninja_X said:

U went back in time somewhere and havent noticed or are just still on the same day. If u had timeskipped forward, but the system put time back itself then there u go

When advancing quests/objectives, the required cola goes up each time until the next evaluation day begins, its a normal mecahnic

Its also a normal.mechanic for previous evaluation week rewards to uncollectable, otherwise we could just skip forward 20 years and collect a 1000 lunchboxes. Its another way for Bethesda to encourage us to login regularly, if u dont login weekly, u.lose rewards

The only way timeskipping can cause problesm, is if u go.backwards incorrectly. Going backwards is.the.only.thing.that.isnt normal here

Does anyone know if the.clock updates.at anytime, even.if the."update clock via internet is turned off".....?? I.mean, is there another power saving.feature.that.overrides it for.example?

Sl

And apologies for.full stop, got a new phone and keypad is tiny

EDIT:

The time function on.PS4 has a setting to update time.via.internet. What this.does is when u.login, it updates via internet. It has another option where u.can.choose to set.now.

If u.change time manually, but.leave the update via.internet on, it will.let u.adjust the.time, but.will update it.when.u.login again, so when u.turn off/on

To.prevent this.guys, no.need to.disable.network, JUST DISABLE THE 'UPDATE TIME VIA INTERNET' OPTION. Sorry to stress this, but users are missing this very important setting u.need to adjust when.timeskipping.for games

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1

I personally had no problems. I skipped hundreds of times. Even messing up and going back an entire month, but always set it to the intended time afterwards. All trophies popped as intended. I never turned my PS4 off, it just went to sleep. Just my experience. 

4 minutes ago, Grindroid said:

I personally had no problems. I skipped hundreds of times. Even messing up and going back an entire month, but always set it to the intended time afterwards. All trophies popped as intended. I never turned my PS4 off, it just went to sleep. Just my experience. 

When going.back in time,.it will glitch sound and incidents,.and.obivously anything.related to.time. But loading.up.u vault fixes it as it recalibrates the vault.to.the time

Its when u change the time.back.while the.vault.is open, and.dont reload the.vault.when.problems.occur

I guess u had.been.reloading.the.vault.regularly, or.simply closing.ur vault or game.before.timeskipping??

Does this (daily report beig stuck on dayt 7) mess up the raider attacks. Would be nice to know since I am at 28 in total and need to know if I have to create a new save/vault to get them.

Edit: I somehow fixed the daily report being stuck by accepting dwellers from the radio while I was trying to unlock the theme workshop.

Edited by Mimecrime

17 minutes ago, Mimecrime said:

Does this (daily report beig stuck on dayt 7) mess up the raider attacks. Would be nice to know since I am at 28 in total and need to know if I have to create a new save/vault to get them.

Edit: I somehow fixed the daily report being stuck by accepting dwellers from the radio while I was trying to unlock the theme workshop.

If anything ever appears glitches, just close and reload vault to fix.

5 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Nothing to do with the internet buddy, thats because u didnt time skip properly

Timeskipping MUST be done right, I may make a new thread with all the info as people still are still being misled

the only thing I did different when properly timeskipping was forgetting to disconnect. you said earlier that "i could just turn off update clock via internet, no need to turn the actual network off" but turning the network off does the same thing. As long as i turn it back off next time i start up the app and correct the date.

So yes it had to do with the internet and is why i was trying to warn people. 

to learn from my mistake of not doing it right, and is the reason i made this thread.

33 minutes ago, Lord_Luxus said:

the only thing I did different when properly timeskipping was forgetting to disconnect. you said earlier that "i could just turn off update clock via internet, no need to turn the actual network off" but turning the network off does the same thing. As long as i turn it back off next time i start up the app and correct the date.

So yes it had to do with the internet and is why i was trying to warn people. 

to learn from my mistake of not doing it right, and is the reason i made this thread.

Oh of course bud, but then you're removing other system features when there is no need, all im saying. If u prefer that though, fair do's ;)

My point was that ur very first sentence in the first post; Remember, if you time skip ALWAYS, ALWAYS TURN OFF network > connect to internet box implies that there is no other way.

As u have just said and all I was trying to get across is that there is indeed another way, thats all

Edited by optimusmart