Nintendo Switch not having a trophy was a big let down

Sunsnug_Warrior

1 hour ago, AlchemistWer said:

. I would like games like Xenobalde has this system

You might change your mind once looking into the drop rates of the rarest blades.

I'd like a unified store, but for now even the 3DS eshop is still open so I don't think it'll happen just yet. I would believe they want to resell some of their exlusives and certainly some Wii U games (Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors) got ported to Switch later.

On 6/26/2018 at 3:48 AM, ShadowStar83x said:

They don't need it.

Disagee. It would sell way more with a trophy system of some kind. Plus it would give replay value to older generations when they bring new consoles out. I would go back to nintendo if they brought trophys (or something similar) into it. Games like mario and zelda would be brilliant with trophys

Certain games on playstation would not have been played  by half as many people if they didnt have trophy support. 

I see it as a plus it not having achievements. People are playing the games to have fun and not just make a digital counter go up

19 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Certain games on playstation would not have been played  by half as many people if they didnt have trophy support. 

I think that's the problem. Games like I am mayo sell by the shit load not because they're good but because they have easy trophies. While avoiding great games like hitman and sonic mania purely because they don't have a platinum.

14 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Games like I am mayo sell by the shit load not because they're good but because they have easy trophies. While avoiding great games like hitman and sonic mania purely because they don't have a platinum.

True that i guess. But ive played a few games with no plat like arkham vr, duck tales remastered and far cry blood dragon and really enjoyed them

Im gonna start sonic mania at some point but not into hitman to be honest

Ive found some hidden gems over the years which i probaly wouldnt have played without trophies. It is a chance to experience a variety of games and explore more in a game than you would normally

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Ive found some hidden gems over the years which i probaly wouldnt have played without trophies. It is a chance to experience a variety of games and explore more in a game than you would normally

It also works the other way around: there's no need to explore the whole game or return to it when you've already scored the platinum trophy. Happens to me and my husband almost every time with titles on PlayStation. I can easily play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for 220+ hours and just roam around looking for secrets and fun quests when there are no trophies involved that tell you how you should be playing the game.

I play a wide variety of games on multiple platforms (3DS, Vita, Wii U, PS3, PS4, Switch, PC). I take the least chances with games on PS because I don't want to end up with unobtainable platinums. Somehow gaming on PlayStation is starting to feel like a chore. 

I'm fine with Switch not having any achievement system.

• 1 month later...