Dr_Mayus' Prescription for Perfection

Dr_Mayus

I have also decided to list my "goals" for next year. I want to get to 200 plats but I don't want to just do a bunch of easy games (ignore Cabella's Adventure Camp and Book of Spells :P)

So here are my hopeful next 45 plats. If you have any suggestions of other great games to plat let me know also keep in mind that this could change with the release of a game like Uncharted 4 or some crazy deal on PS+.

155-Saints Row The Third

156-Zombie Driver

157-Silent Hill Downpour

158-Metal Gear Solid 3

159-Final Fantasy X

160-Final Fantasy X-2

161-Tales of Symphonia

162-Tales of Symphonia 2

163-Tales of Xillia 2

164-Tales of Innocence

165-Tales of Hearts R

166-Tales of Vesperia

167-Resonance of Fate

168-Nier

169-Killzone 3

170-Velocity 2x

171-Hyper Dimension Neptunia

172-MineCraft

173-Sims 3

174-MLB 2012

175-God of War Ascension

176-Demon's Souls

177-Bioshock Infinite

178-Transformers War For Cybertron

179-Mass Effect 2

180-Motorstorm Apocalypse

181-inFAMOUS Second Sons

182-inFAMOUS First Light

183-Sound Shapes PS4 :giggle:

184-Fallout New Vegas

185-Kingdom of Amalur

186-South Park Stick of Truth

187-Resogun

188-RAGE

189-Remember Me

190-Tomb Raider

191-Prince of Persia Sands of Time

192-Racquet Sports

193-Ico

194-Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare

195-Castlevania Lords of Shadows

196-Sports Champions 2

197-Catherine

198-Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

199-Carnival Island

200-It is a secret :giggle:

Nice list, You're finally going to play one of my favorite PS3 games: Mass Effect 2. I hope you like it :).

No, No Fairy Tale Fights...you just won the Worst Platinum of the Year award...you don't have to give up that trophy for another 11 months...oh, I'm sorry I didn't see you all there :wave: ...well I guess I kind of gave away my feelings about my latest platinum. So without further ado

1L21a701.png

#157-Final Fantasy X

:| This game puts me in a tough situation. I know this game has a lot of fans. Some of those fans are people I like on this site...they have used words like Masterpiece to describe this game...WELL I GUESS IT IS A MASTER PIECE OF SH... :spank: no bad Mayus, you aren't going to let this review get you banned from the site sigh.gif

Where to start :( Well I guess let us start with the characters

ibgLW7zaFgpHQa.gif

NO FUCK THIS ANNOYING WHINY USELESS CHOICE OF A MAIN CHARACTER MOVE ON TO SOMEONE ELSE :shakefist:

xf6pgm.jpg

I don't get it. How is she any better than Tidus? I mean she isn't as annoying as him, sure, but DAMN is she boring. She delivers all of her lines like the voice actor just woke up after a heroin binge. She is supposed to be the second main character but she has 0 personality. You just want this walking doormat of a character to do ANYTHING interesting but nope, she just spends half the game in semi-coma and the other half kidnapped.

OK back to Tidus

295860_1252268924772_full.jpg

I actually never played this game longer than that damn laughing scene. I was pretty done with it at that point but that just sealed it for me. I shut off my PS2 and never went back to it. That being said Tidus doesn't get better as a character, he only gets worse.

I think my problem with him is he is that kid you knew in High School or at Work that you just wanted to slap because he never shut the hell up. I get it, Tidus isn't from this time period so things may seem new and exciting, but he doesn't ever act in Awe of anything but instead whines or complains or thinks he knows better. He is comic relief (albeit not a funny one) when he should be the main character.

Think about, how much better the game would have been if instead of just crying and acting like an ass, Tidus instead took time to listen to what was happening, tried to understand the situation and then worked with the group to come to a conclusion on how to solve it? He could have been avatar for "us" exploring a new and exciting world and then realizing how messed up everything was and working with his new friends to solve it. Tidus never learned anything, he never grew as a character, he just whined and bitched and got everything he wanted. When he didn't get what he wanted...guess what...he whined and bitched until he did.

Definitely-FFX-Cosplay.png

The rest of the characters.

Who really cares about the rest of the characters. None of them are given any real depth and they were simply just "there". I mean you get pretty much the whole party at once so when are you ever supposed to care about any of them? It sounds like Lulu had a pretty interesting back story with her original summoner...barely touched upon. How about Kimhari and his back story (missing his horn or meeting with Auron) mentioned once or twice. Wakka and his dead brother (I think he had a sword...or something). See you quickly touch these interesting moments and then hurry out of them as fast as you can to get on with the important Tidus and Yuna relationship. Nothing had an impact on me. We were rushing from scene to scene so fast I could barely keep track of why we were in a Ice world or Desert World or Forest World (is this Final Fantasy or Super Mario Bros).

Auron was a great character and I liked the Jecht Spheres where we got to learn more about him, but once again he was just pushed to the side so we could get more Tidus.

More time should have spent on creating interesting characters and developing the world and less time on Blitzball.

24x2ae8.jpg

Go play Sega Soccer Slam for the Gamecube and tell me that wouldn't have been WAY better than Blitzball. Instead of a stupid turn based, stat-RPG mini game, it could have been a fast paced, 3d enviromental power based soccer simulator. That would have been awesome. Imagine using Thunderaga on a Blitzball and sending it down the pitch knocking everyone out of your way only to have the goalie call upon Shiva to block the shot :o. NOPE instead we get a slow paced game that despite me having a breakaway the defenders warp from behind to get in front of me to block a pass to the player standing right next to me...WTF :shakefist: Pro-tip, get the Jecht Shot and then use it to score every time. I recruited the best players and never had to worry about getting anything less than 6-0 wins. The only hard part was playing through all the stupid matches for the trophies.

grease-lightning.gif

Dodge 200 trophies to get Lightning Dancer trophy...fuck you. No seriously, fuck you.

256px-Cracingbox.jpg

Get 0.00 seconds...please refer to my previous statement.

16i5o3t.jpg

Refer to my last two statements :|...ok I will go into depth about this one.

In most JRPGs you level up and your stats get better. Nice and easy but not very complex. In WRPGs you level up and you get skill points and you can decide how to spend those points to make your character better in certain areas. In Final Fantasys like Tactics and V you can level up certain jobs and then combine those attributes with other jobs to make the kind of character you wanted.

In Final Fantasy you get the Sphere Grid and I think Cedric Daniels can sum it up for me

You get 1 Sphere movement per level and you can use that to progress to the next sphere. That sphere might be Magic, or defence or luck or whatever and if you happen to have the correct sphere then you can level it up 1-4 points. The thing is to get anywhere in the game you have to keep grinding out enemies to get Sphere Points, then grind out enemies to get Spheres, then grind out different enemies to get keys and then mini-bosses to get Sphere Nodes and then you got to backtrack to fill in the nodes you didn't have originally and then clear other nodes so you can put better spheres there and :blah: This means that levelling up is needlessly complicated and since you can only move 1 sphere at a time there is no reason it couldn't just increase 1 stat automatically. Even if you wait to collect a bunch of Sphere Points at once (like I did) then it is just tedious as you have to slowly move around the Sphere slowly filling in one sphere at a time. It is just boring, and adds nothing to the game.

On top of that weapons aren't actually stronger, you instead have to customize weapons with items to give them better percentages or attributes and I honestly never bothered with it (until the end when I was levelling up). It was honestly too much bother for me to learn how to customize well that I just used whatever the original attributes were and beat the game that way. Thanks to Aeon Overdrives and Yojimbo (zanmato) you never really needed to power up. Magus Sisters and Anima could wreck any boss and whatever they couldn't handle Zanmato could usually work. Sure that may sound cheap to do, but the alternative was spending hours upon hours mastering the Sphere Grid and honestly I just couldn't bring myself to care enough.

Well that is a lot. I know I rambled on and on...but this game was just a massive let down. Final Fantasy used to be SO good but I don't know what happened. I haven't really liked a FF game since Tactics and I am having a hard time still calling myself a fan. Now as I mentioned at the beginning I know a lot of people are fans of the game and can probably debate me on a lot of these points, but honestly I just didn't have fun playing this game.

Thank you for reading and thank you to FinalEmblem, Wdjat, Dragon, JeieeM, for keeping me entertained as I went for this plat by responding to my constant rants :). Finally a HUGE thank you to DemonShadowX and Precision-Playy for their awesome guide. I wish I had played this game before the New Year as I would have voted for your guide in the Year End Awards.

I don't know if you've played FFX-2 on the PS2, but Yuna's personality made a 180 degrees turn. 

• Like 1

On FF6:

I would platinum that game as well if it had trophies.

It had everything I love in a JRPG.

Great characters (Relm is my favorite :D  )

A believable villain 

Awesome soundtrack (my favorite FF soundtrack)

Such a relaxing song :)

Your review points out a few of the reasons I've avoided purchasing FFX again. I actually have fond memories of the game, which I'm sure would be tarnished if my older, less forgiving self went back to it. (that and I hate random battles).

Also, I really like the new avatar/sig. Even with the glaring omission.

Tingle.png

Tingle was an original member of the Trinity of Green (when I first came up with it) but then I played Persona 4...and the other members wanted a girl in the group ^_^. I did joke once about the Quintuplet of Green which showed Tingle back in as well as the Prince from Katamari.

Fair enough.  I share similar sentiments with 6.  Played through it and, yeah, it was good but nothing to bust nuts over. 

I just find it hilarious that you hate the game so much.  You must be spoony or something.  Good luck with your journey to 200.

No I think Spoony hates it more than I do ^_^.

Nice list, You're finally going to play one of my favorite PS3 games: Mass Effect 2. I hope you like it :).

I don't know if you've played FFX-2 on the PS2, but Yuna's personality made a 180 degrees turn. 

What's funny is the first time I played Mass Effect 2 I HATED it. I turned it off and left it unplayed for 2 years. I decided to go back and give it another chance and I don't know what happened but I ended up loving it. The same thing happened with Fallout 3. It is why I always give game a second chance as sometimes an initial reaction can just be wrong (that won't be happening with FFX though ^_^).

I never played X-2 but I do know that Yuna is completely different in it. Shame she couldn't have some of the energy in FFX

• Like 1

Nice plan you have there!! Have you ever played any MGS game?

I started up 3...played for about 20 minutes and turned, opening dialog finally ended, played for about 10 more minutes after that but honestly I was so taken out by the opening dialog I just couldn't care to play the game at that moment and then I never went back.

I am hoping it is like Mass Effect 2 and Fallout 3 where I hated it originally and then loved it in the end (here is hoping).

jurassic-park-the-game-psn-logo-640x325.

Also I finally 100% all 4 episodes :D.

Not nearly as good as Back to the Future, Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us, but I still enjoyed the story.

I was curious if I could add anyone from this thread - or is there a certain rule like "You must have X amount of trophies to do such a thing." 

D:

I feel dirty for playing CODGhosts, but it's simple and there's at least quite a few trophies on it. 

-And as for ME II. I want to like it, and I do but I made the mistake of being an Adept? I think. I forget, but it's the class that gives the drone. I got stuck on the mission where ye have to get a certain Turian, and for some reason I struggle to complete it. 

Wasn't sure what I was doing, so I had planned to restart but I wasn't sure how long it would take to actually get back to that point so I stopped. Which is upsetting, since I like the series -barring 3. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was curious if I could add anyone from this thread - or is there a certain rule like "You must have X amount of trophies to do such a thing." 

D:

I feel dirty for playing CODGhosts, but it's simple and there's at least quite a few trophies on it. 

-And as for ME II. I want to like it, and I do but I made the mistake of being an Adept? I think. I forget, but it's the class that gives the drone. I got stuck on the mission where ye have to get a certain Turian, and for some reason I struggle to complete it. 

Wasn't sure what I was doing, so I had planned to restart but I wasn't sure how long it would take to actually get back to that point so I stopped. Which is upsetting, since I like the series -barring 3. 

Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. I appreciate you posting in my checklist but I just want to make sure you know there is a whole other forum on this website.

Go here to make friends https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/10890-the-official-psnp-lets-be-friends-thread/ and here to learn about the site https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/8202-new-forum-members-please-read/

On to Checklist news :D. I am nearing 9000 and working hard at DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi. The game is...kind of repetitive...but it is harmless enough.

Just stopped by for a glance and decided that your idea of listing your future plats is brilliant!! Wouldn't work for me as I lose interest too often back and forth but awesome idea dude!!

Thanks :). The only problem is when a different game comes out that I wasn't planning on platting...then I have to take something off. I need to find room on that list for Grim Fandango now :P

Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. I appreciate you posting in my checklist but I just want to make sure you know there is a whole other forum on this website.

Go here to make friends https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/10890-the-official-psnp-lets-be-friends-thread/ and here to learn about the site https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/8202-new-forum-members-please-read/

On to Checklist news :D. I am nearing 9000 and working hard at DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi. The game is...kind of repetitive...but it is harmless enough.

Wait your checklist is a making friends thread now? How long have I been gone from here dood? :giggle:

Anyways good luck with #9000 dood!

Thanks :). The only problem is when a different game comes out that I wasn't planning on platting...then I have to take something off. I need to find room on that list for Grim Fandango now :P

So what you should do for the crack is take your original and post it against the final result to see the difference, guaranteed mine would have about 2 in the correct spot!!

1Lc19b98.png

#158-Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi

ALSO

Trophy #9000

11h58wj.jpg

OK I think it is pretty obvious why I picked this plat as my next one ^_^ I was trying to think of a good milestone game and then I remembered I had an employee put this game into my ps3 during a games night to see what it was like and got 1 trophy and left it at that (that is also the night I got 1 trophy in Battlefield 3 and Top Spin 4). So after those 4 trophies destroyed my completion percentage for 3 years I decided to find a copy of this game, beat it and get an awesome milestone.

What do I think of this game...well it captures the show really well. There are tons of needless fights that go on forever. Lots of flashy bits that look awesome but are kind of redundant after awhile and...oh yeah

Seriously this game is all about Square vs Triangle. I might be beating you up but if you press Square and I press Square then you win and my combo dies. Or maybe I am trying to dodge an attack, well he pressed Triangle and I pressed square so he wins but I had some powered up energy so I can madly tap the face buttons for a chance to counter which then randomly appears and you have to quickly stop tapping the buttons and time it so you land on the very small O and hope that counters...because if it doesn't then you leave yourself wide open to take on a full blast attack which drains all your life.

Battles were often cheaply won or lost, because while all of that is bullshit it is at least bullshit that plays in your favour as well.

This game was very long and drawn out. You had to fight like 300-400 fights to get the platinum and they are all just button mashing mini games. Oh and

Finally the online. First off a big shout out to Oblivion and Hulkamania who helped me get the online trophies done. The titles are awful and result in you having to play like 100 matches online and hope and pray you don't disconnect every 5 seconds. I was trying to debate with Oblivion which was worse Littlebigplanet Karting or DBZ...I think we settled on they were both shitty servers :P.

Anyways, is this the worse game in the world? No. Would I rather have had a Street Fighter or Blazblu clone with DBZ characters...hells yeah :D Oh and

• Like 3

This amuses me. Good choice.

I thought so too :)

Congrats on your new platinum and 9000th trophy.

Thanks Snake :D

1L64dc90.png

#159-Minecraft

So I got this game free from a contest that Sony was running. I didn't really want it as I could never see the appeal and the legions of little kids Let's Playing it made me just shy away from it even more.

BUT, I decided "what the hell" and gave it a shot. I have to say, it was better than I expected it to be. I still don't understand why it dominates 90% of the videos on Youtube but it is a fun little game.

Now I did have some problems with it. The Hit Detection was really off so that made the Return to Sender trophy kind of annoying to get and I found that there was a lot of pop in graphics (which once again made Return to Sender annoying to get).

I also have to throw a huge thank you to McJacs2 as his Minecart rail and The End help was much appreciated (he also help with some of the smaller trophies as well).

So yeah, I had fun with this and I will continue to build up my little house (although those exploding bush monsters destroyed a wall :()

• Like 1