Wavergray

[FF14] Can you do all the trophy grinds in the free trial?

43 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

That is the case.

 

3 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

You can't unlock them in the free trial, but if you finish the the requirements for a trophy in the free trial, when you start the full game those trophies should pop.

Just as I suspected, cheers for your answers! Playing the game with a controller is a nightmare...gonna have to buy a cheap keyboard 😅

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

 

Just as I suspected, cheers for your answers! Playing the game with a controller is a nightmare...gonna have to buy a cheap keyboard 😅

 

Keyboard definitely way to go.

 

Speaking as a massive trophy whore and having the plat in this game I would recommend anyone trying to do this only on the trial to really rethink it. The grind will be mind numbingly  boring.  I understand the cost (which seems to be increasing due to the lack of game cards floating around online retailers) but 99% of this game occurs after the base story. If you are just after trophies or ultra rare (lol) there are many quicker easier options. You will come to hate this game for sure if you only play the base game for the plat. 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cjshai said:

 

Keyboard definitely way to go.

 

Speaking as a massive trophy whore and having the plat in this game I would recommend anyone trying to do this only on the trial to really rethink it. The grind will be mind numbingly  boring.  I understand the cost (which seems to be increasing due to the lack of game cards floating around online retailers) but 99% of this game occurs after the base story. If you are just after trophies or ultra rare (lol) there are many quicker easier options. You will come to hate this game for sure if you only play the base game for the plat. 

 

 

Agree with you dude, I did exactly that. I grinded a thousand low level FATEs while dozing off and feeling like a zombie myself. Not to mention a god forsaken amount of levequests, crafting potions, low level stuff etc, wiping at Twintania mechanics for like 6 hours straight as I didn't understand how the party finder worked... and rest of the tedious tasks the platinum required.... all to just feeling massively relieved and instantly deleting the game after the plat popped. After a break of like one year I picked this game up on pc again and continued my character without any stress or any compulsive need to get trophies and man I had fun for over 300 hours! Currently taking a break till the next expansion but definitely returning when it launches!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Poramies said:

Agree with you dude, I did exactly that. I grinded a thousand low level FATEs while dozing off and feeling like a zombie myself. Not to mention a god forsaken amount of levequests, crafting potions, low level stuff etc, wiping at Twintania mechanics for like 6 hours straight as I didn't understand how the party finder worked... and rest of the tedious tasks the platinum required.... all to just feeling massively relieved and instantly deleting the game after the plat popped. After a break of like one year I picked this game up on pc again and continued my character without any stress or any compulsive need to get trophies and man I had fun for over 300 hours! Currently taking a break till the next expansion but definitely returning when it launches!

 

Glad you went back to it, and how great is it there there is a new expansion coming, can't wait :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cjshai said:

 

Keyboard definitely way to go.

 

Speaking as a massive trophy whore and having the plat in this game I would recommend anyone trying to do this only on the trial to really rethink it. The grind will be mind numbingly  boring.  I understand the cost (which seems to be increasing due to the lack of game cards floating around online retailers) but 99% of this game occurs after the base story. If you are just after trophies or ultra rare (lol) there are many quicker easier options. You will come to hate this game for sure if you only play the base game for the plat. 

 

 

 

I second this as well. Grinding out 10000 enemies, 1000 FATES, Fish, Logs, Mineral Deposits, as well as 1000 items on every single crafter without access to the market board and capped gil, and 100 instances would be an absolutely atrocious experience in the free trial. Classes feel really boring to play until you get certain skills, and the trial caps you at 35, so there will be literally no sense of enjoyment grinding the trophies in the free trial, not to mention you can't complete the MSQ in it (though the MSQ doesn't take very long so this isn't really a huge issue).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cjshai said:

 

Keyboard definitely way to go.

 

Speaking as a massive trophy whore and having the plat in this game I would recommend anyone trying to do this only on the trial to really rethink it. The grind will be mind numbingly  boring.  I understand the cost (which seems to be increasing due to the lack of game cards floating around online retailers) but 99% of this game occurs after the base story. If you are just after trophies or ultra rare (lol) there are many quicker easier options. You will come to hate this game for sure if you only play the base game for the plat. 

 

 

Thanks for the heads up! I keep hearing how great of an MMO this game is so I kinda had to try it. I'll definitely get a subscription and at least finish the main quest line; as for the trophies...it'll all depend on how quickly I can come up with a daily routine to slowly get em all done :) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone confirm that progress made in the free trial on ps4 will count towards the trophies upon upgrading? 

 

I would consider doing 400-500 levequests in the trial and then upgrading and doing the plat in the full version for 3 months. That'd really help with cost.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Can anyone confirm that progress made in the free trial on ps4 will count towards the trophies upon upgrading? 

 

I would consider doing 400-500 levequests in the trial and then upgrading and doing the plat in the full version for 3 months. That'd really help with cost.

 

Can't say for sure but I believe the trophies are somehow linked to ingame achievements in this game. PC players can play their characters on PS4 and pop the trophies by doing one action related to the trophies (kill one enemy if they are at 10000+ etc.) so I believe you are safe playing the trial as long as it tracks achievements. You might have to replay the one raid boss and participate in pvp again but to pop the main quest trophy PC players have to talk to a certain NPC if i remember right.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Can anyone confirm that progress made in the free trial on ps4 will count towards the trophies upon upgrading? 

 

I would consider doing 400-500 levequests in the trial and then upgrading and doing the plat in the full version for 3 months. That'd really help with cost.

 From what I understand this will work yes. I think this approach would work well. I would focus on the following as there is no advantage to hitting the lvl cap of 35 for the free trial to early. Basically once you do you might as well subscribe. The following though will not earn you alot of xp so it will keep you below,

 

Focus on

 

1. Wood chopping

2. Fishing

3. Mining

4. Fates ( you will be doing the lowest level ones anyway as they are quickest so you earn almost no XP )

5. Levequests - there is a guy I forget where but will be in guide for sure that offers this quest of just running a potion to another guy beside him takes 10 seconds. If you just keep doing this you will eventually hit lvl35 with that class but you will get most of them done. Also a good way to earn money.

6.  Crafting ( this might be easier to leave till you subscribe as you can buy items from the marketplace ) most crafting can be put on auto 100 items at a time so can be done quickly if you have enough materials. Save your money for this stage, you don't need to buy anything from the vendors anyway. Once you have access to the marketplace you just buy directly from it.

 

Don't worry to much about the 100 instance raids. Maybe just figure out the Duty Finder early on then do your daily bonus dungeon / raid as they unlock. 

 

There is a pretty big XP gap between Lvl 42 and 48 from memory and there are not many story quests at this stage which reward a large amount of XP. To get through to lvl 50 and unlock the final story missions you will be looking to run quite a few raids/ dungeons here.

 

Depending on whether you plan to do the Binding Coil legit or not will depend on how much grinding for gear post lvl 50 you will have to do. To be honest I think running it desynced with an overleveled party is probably the best way anyway. You will need to find some people or better join a Free company. There are a bunch of side quests you have to do to open this up so check the wiki to be ready before you set it up. Desynced with a couple of high level players and you can do the Twintania Turn 5 fight in a few minutes. Legit it gets pretty intense and can take 40 mins+. Either way you will need a group, most likely PC players as they rule this game and are very nice and helpful.

 

If you do subscribe you could quite likely get through all the main story stuff up to the current content in 3 months. The longest part ironically is the 100 "free" story missions before the first expansion. Depending on how you find it and your free company you might also go back and run some of the optional dungeon story lines or even the whole Binding Coil which is excellent.

 

Have fun, it is a really great experience just pace yourself :) 

Edited by Cjshai
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game checks your achievements in game. 
So if you look at your achievements log, it will have a bar. If that bar is counted in trial, it will pop when you sub. 

 

I played FFXIV on PC (subbed for years) and logged on the PS4 and it auto-popped everything except for one raid which you have to do actively on the PS4 as that one isn't checked against your achievements log. 

I don't know how the game operates now, but I think you can get your artifact weapons auto upgraded to the current expansion for free. 
The FATE grind is made slightly more bearable when the requirement was to get a drop from grinding FATEs. Many people got the 1000+ off of this, but with the current expansion, the FATE grind may be absolutely pointless. (I haven't played Stormblood and had stopped during Heavensward)

Edited by ShianKiri
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ShianKiri said:

The game checks your achievements in game. 
So if you look at your achievements log, it will have a bar. If that bar is counted in trial, it will pop when you sub. 

 

I played FFXIV on PC (subbed for years) and logged on the PS4 and it auto-popped everything except for one raid which you have to do actively on the PS4 as that one isn't checked against your achievements log. 

I don't know how the game operates now, but I think you can get your artifact weapons auto upgraded to the current expansion for free. 
The FATE grind is made slightly more bearable when the requirement was to get a drop from grinding FATEs. Many people got the 1000+ off of this, but with the current expansion, the FATE grind may be absolutely pointless. (I haven't played Stormblood and had stopped during Heavensward)

If i just focused on what cjshai described above, would i be able to cut my subscription time shorter then? That is my main goal. Or do things outside of levequests make you sub for longer?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

If i just focused on what cjshai described above, would i be able to cut my subscription time shorter then? That is my main goal. Or do things outside of levequests make you sub for longer?

 

Yes. You definitely could. I'd even argue that if you hit level 35 on your crafting jobs and one of your fighting jobs, you should sub mostly so you can still benefit from getting exp, etc if you cared about that at all. Otherwise, like I said, as long as things get marked in your achievements log, you can essentially do everything EXCEPT for the raid. 

 

--


Also, I'll throw this in there: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/tales_of_adventure/

If money isn't a factor, you can job boost and scenario skip. 

 

One caveat: I am unsure of how scenario skip will behave. I can definitely, 100%, say that many of these trophies are based on your achievements log in game, including main scenario. This is how they know whether to pop trophies or not. While there is an achievement in your log for number of Binding of Coil of Bahamut clears, the trophy doesn't actually pop based on that. It pops based on the zone that you enter right after you kill Twintania. 

 

When you use scenario skip, I don't actually know if they mark that as done in your achievements log so if it doesn't... well, the trophy certainly won't pop at that point. 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. Anyone succesfully pop the trophies after getting it in the free trial then sub in the full version?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to everyone on this thread, I feel confident and wanna try this game so hard. Love RPGs and as FF fan I would like to plat everyone available for Sony's consoles (RIP FFXIII)! 

 

26 minutes ago, rards_001 said:

Hi. Anyone succesfully pop the trophies after getting it in the free trial then sub in the full version?

 

I'm looking for the same answer buddy. Hope someone could tell us. This thread has 2 years now so may be some info has been found and now we should be able to know how to reduce the grind and hunt properly. I hope so.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 0:27 PM, rards_001 said:

Hi. Anyone succesfully pop the trophies after getting it in the free trial then sub in the full version?

 

23 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

I'm looking for the same answer buddy. Hope someone could tell us. This thread has 2 years now so maybe some info has been found and now we should be able to know how to reduce the grind and hunt properly. I hope so.


To answer your question - yes. Most (if not all trophies) can be progressed and "completed" during the free trial. As soon as you meet trophy requirements you will get an in-game achievement. When you purchase a full version subscription, you will notice that trophies don't actually auto-pop on login. Instead, you need to do +1 of whatever a trophy requires you to do.

There are countless threads regarding this, even basic research would answer that question 😉

And just tested it myself, it is the similar process for PC to console cross-save transition

Edited by Sydoki
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just popping in to say that Square-Enix has not only lifted the 14-day free trilal, so you can play it as long as you want, but they also expanded it in the recent patch to include all of the base game content AND all of the first expansion, Heavensward, setting the level cap to 60 this time. So if you are just going for the plat, you now more wiggle room to do it. ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could it be that if you already own any full edition (like Starter Edition) of the game on your account, you won't be able to check out the free trial anymore? like at all?

 

I just added the Starter Edition to my account when it was for free or something in some kind of sale (i think). If that is really the case and now i locked myself out of being able to do the unlimited and completely free trial version, i gotta say, that's quite the trap SE laid down there with offering a "free" Starter Edition... and honestly quite the dick move :P

seems like all i can do now is using my 30 days free subscription that came with it and that's about it, right?

 

any way around it?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 0:43 AM, AffectatiousDonk said:

Speaking as a massive trophy whore and having the plat in this game I would recommend anyone trying to do this only on the trial to really rethink it. The grind will be mind numbingly  boring. 

The trophies are mostly not going to pop for a long time - I managed to get the 1000 alchemies on an alt but I know that crafting is very numbing. Do ocean fishing to get fish for the Veteran Fisher trophy, you will get 30 minutes and if you keep casting, you'll get at level 40 fish a run. Of course, it only goes every two hours on the odd hour and you have to get in before the quarter hour, but it's pretty cool seeing a spectral current.

 

I'm not too concerned. I am enjoying the game for what it is, not for the trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.