Brutal difficulty w/ tweaks - here's some up-to-date info

6 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

Of course there isn't. You did a full quote, but did you read the entire post as well?

After deleting the patch, you have to finish the game on Crushing first. The savefiles of the patched version don't work with v1.00, so the game doesn't know that you played already.

but I finish the game on crushing already I have the platinum.

Please read my post, that you quoted in full, again. And very carefully this time. I don't know how else to explain it to you, since I'm not a native English speaker.

Focus on this sentence:

The savefiles of the patched version don't work with v1.00, so the game doesn't know that you played already.

On 10. 10. 2020 at 1:47 AM, Infernopommes said:

Please read my post, that you quoted in full, again. And very carefully this time. I don't know how else to explain it to you, since I'm not a native English speaker.

Focus on this sentence:

The savefiles of the patched version don't work with v1.00, so the game doesn't know that you played already.

My v1.02 save file was compatible. I finished the game on v1.02, reinstalled disc version v1.00 without internet, enabled the tweaks and finished the game on Brutal using my previous save file.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 7/22/2020 at 5:39 PM, Charlie_Mejia said:

I would like to post an update: Turns out you DON'T need the disc version. I uninstalled the game, turned off my ps4 and turned it back on and it the game automatically started downloading (I was connected via wi-fi. This didn't happen when I was connected with LAN cable). Separate from the game, update 1.02 started downloading and I cancelled the download. After everything else finished downloading, I followed the steps on this thread and tweaks worked fine.

I noticed this on page 3 of this thread, and noone seemed to respond to it, has anyone actually tried this? I might try this weekend, I checked his trophy list and he does have trophy.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up to anyone playing this using the Playstation Hits physical copy. According to the OP you can’t downgrade this version however I was able to. My specific version (from the disc) is CUSA-02343/H/ANZ.

Spoiler

afkZEn6.jpg

I was playing this on my PS5 and putting the disc in downloads the game and the 1.02 patch as seen below.

Spoiler

8x9fL7z.jpg

I was able to delete and reinstall the game without the patch, activate the tweaks on Brutal and then download the patch and popped the Brutal trophy this evening. I also put the disc in my PS4 and it also downloads the 1.02 patch.

@HusKy I’m not sure if you want to update the OP or not but some versions of the Playstation Hits physical copy absolutely can be downgraded.

On 05/10/2020 at 0:47 AM, Eqill5 said:

A bit of research from this morning.

I originally played through all 3 games on the blue case “PlayStation Hits” physical version and all I have left is Brutal on U2 & U3. Bought the gold case “Nathan Drake Collection” for this as I thought I couldn’t do the tweak method without.

What I’ve found out, to answer my own question and others above is that 

-These two physical versions install on the PS4 as separate applications

-The Save Game data does NOT carry over between these two disc versions

-When I installed Gold version there was no save data to use and Brutal was locked

I then decided to delete my game data for Blue version just to check the update for when I install it and it turns out I can revert to Update 1.00 on this physical version. I am using the Blue Case Uncharted Collection with “PlayStation Hits” across the top in a red banner. As far as I was aware this physical version came pre patched? Unless I seem to be a lucky one.

I’d recommend either checking if your disc version is capable of reverting to 1.00, or if you haven’t yet started, buy the correct version first. If you’ve already run through Crushing (like I did on all 3 games) and realise your save data won’t carry over between discs, you’ll have to play through Crushing again before playing Brutal

Here is another user who could also downgrade the Playstation Hits physical copy.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Lilz_7 said:

Hi guys recently downloaded NDC PlayStation hits on the digital PS5 I've done the glitch for UC1 for brutal but can't seem to get it to work on UC2 any help would be awesome as I'm stuck on chapter 4 

The glitch works for UC1 and UC3 on the patched version of the game but for UC2 you have to revert to version 1.00 to use this glitch.

On 15/04/2021 at 6:32 AM, FilmFanatic said:

he glitch works for UC1 and UC3 on the patched version of the game but for UC2 you have to revert to version 1.00 to use this glitch

would I be able to to carry my save from digital PS5 to PS4 with physical copy work or would I have to re play UC 2 on the PS4 ? 

• 2 years later...

Followed the OP's advice and used the downgrade to v1.00 method to activate the Brutal glitch. 

However when launching up Chapter 1 and discovering the first enemy shortly after picking up your pistol, he didn't die in one hit BUT I did have infinite ammo.

I checked at the start of the chapter to see whether both tweaks were enabled and it seems they are, but was unable to one-shot kill him. 

Will confirm if this is just an oversight or if it is present in later chapters.

EDIT:

Tested the one-shot kill tweak in Chapter 3 and it worked fine. Really odd. But it appears the first enemy you come across during Chapter 1 in the train wreckage is perhaps scripted to die from the explosion and not the gunshots. So worth bearing in mind in case someone gets worried for a moment like I was.. lol

Edited by CymroMatt