Trophy thoughts?

gameoncomrade

On 07/08/2018 at 10:20 PM, Erkawest said:

I also ordered this game today to play with my girlfriend as she loved the first one.

Is the 2nd game longer? We bought all the DLCs in the first game to extend our game time

It looks like the second game is longer and without any doubt, bigger. Hidden levels have been added, versus mode has been improved and arcade mode has been added as well. And now, you can play online of course, which is one of the biggest additions to this series. I'm a big fan thus far! :yay:

15 hours ago, Yoey_666 said:

Just finished the story all on 3 stars with my wife. Didnt take us longer than 5 hours overall.

You didn't finish all the hidden levels though. :eyebrow:

On 9.8.2018 at 10:53 AM, gameoncomrade said:

It looks like the second game is longer and without any doubt, bigger. Hidden levels have been added, versus mode has been improved and arcade mode has been added as well. And now, you can play online of course, which is one of the biggest additions to this series. I'm a big fan thus far! :yay:

You didn't finish all the hidden levels though. :eyebrow:

Thats right, we will do that when I am home again. We first tried to unlock them by ourselves but we couldnt figure it out :D

@Kittet3

The requirements for getting 3 stars in a level scale with the amount of players, at least in the first game.. So if you play with 1 player you will have to do less meals than with 4 players. Doing everything with 2 players is doable therefor. IIRC there's also a guide on either Trueachievements or Truetrophies which describes how you should distribute the tasks should a level give you trouble.

I'm super close to the platinum.

I just got 3 stars on all of the story and hidden levels playing solo. It took me about 5 hours. This game is so much fun and it's really not that hard except for a few of the world 6 levels. All i'm missing now is 1000 orders delivered, 15 versus games, 15 arcade games, and 10 versus wins.

I'm tempted to buy Overcooked 1 and its DLC soon since i'm almost done with this one so fast.

3 hours ago, Pokedude97 said:

I'm super close to the platinum.

I just got 3 stars on all of the story and hidden levels playing solo. It took me about 5 hours. This game is so much fun and it's really not that hard except for a few of the world 6 levels. All i'm missing now is 1000 orders delivered, 15 versus games, 15 arcade games, and 10 versus wins.

I'm tempted to buy Overcooked 1 and its DLC soon since i'm almost done with this one so fast.

That's interesting. I've never played Overcooked solo, but I'll give it a try later on. Went into an online versus match where it was me against two. I needed to change between my character and another by pressing :r1:, I think. Does it work the same way in solo play?

I'd definitely advise you to purchase the original Overcooked as well. Just prepare yourself for some differences between the two when it comes to graphics, levels and dishes.

Also, is there a boss level in Overcooked 2? There was one in the end of Overcooked. :yay:

Congratulation in advance on your plat!

8 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

That's interesting. I've never played Overcooked solo, but I'll give it a try later on. Went into an online versus match where it was me against two. I needed to change between my character and another by pressing :r1:, I think. Does it work the same way in solo play?

I'd definitely advise you to purchase the original Overcooked as well. Just prepare yourself for some differences between the two when it comes to graphics, levels and dishes.

Also, is there a boss level in Overcooked 2? There was one in the end of Overcooked. :yay:

Congratulation in advance on your plat!

Just got the plat, thanks :D

Yeah, in solo story you have two characters you need to switch between with :r1: :l1: so it's a lot of micromanagement. The score requirement for 3 stars was never really hard except for a few levels in the final world, and I had a lot of fun. Got 3 stars on the first try for most of the levels.

I would love some different dishes in Overcooked 1, they kinda just used like 5 dishes for this entire game with some slight variations.

About the boss levels (incase anyone cares about spoilers):

Spoiler

There's no boss fights, but at the end of each world there's a stage that has two parts - like one of them you'd be in a hot air balloon that crashes halfway through the time limit and then you'd be on the ground with a different layout and have to keep going (Think Uncharted 3 multiplayer). Those are pretty cool. The final final level of the game gives you a 25 minute timer and it's just an endurance level with multiple stage changes, but I beat it with 3 stars and 7 minutes to spare.

Also, obvious but quick tips:

Win 10 games in versus mode - Turn on a second controller, do couch versus in the sushi level, finish one recipe and let it sit the rest of the match until you win.

Finish 15 versus games - Same as above but you don't need to finish a recipe. Just finish 5 more games after the 10 wins.

Finish 15 party games - Only need one controller, just do couch arcade mode solo on the sushi level and let it sit.

Edited by Pokedude97

So how hard would people rate this game for my girlfriend As she's pretty avarage when it comes to gaming. As an extra co-op would be nice to play with her again

We managed to platinum A Way out and Little Big Planet 3 together (no death trophies in lbp I did solo)

Well, I just finished the game as well, and I must say that the difficulty is on the same level as the first one. The game has a few twists throughout a level, but it's not difficult (in my opinion), so I'm just hoping for some hardcore DLC for the ones that really want a challenge.

5 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

So how hard would people rate this game for my girlfriend As she's pretty avarage when it comes to gaming. As an extra co-op would be nice to play with her again

Definitely go for it. It's fun, however not excessively complicated or difficult.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 0:15 PM, theSpirae said:

And here I was hoping for the harder difficulty :( the first one ridiculously easy and by the looks of it this one is no different.

6 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

Well, I just finished the game as well, and I must say that the difficulty is on the same level as the first one. The game has a few twists throughout a level, but it's not difficult (in my opinion), so I'm just hoping for some hardcore DLC for the ones that really want a challenge.

Looks like the devs are already working on adding a NG+ mode where you have to earn four stars ★★★★ on all kitchens. 

https://www.team17.com/new-game-coming-to-overcooked-2/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PsychoticLight said:

Looks like the devs are already working on adding a NG+ mode where you have to earn four stars ★★★★ on all kitchens. 

https://www.team17.com/new-game-coming-to-overcooked-2/

Great, that's everything I've been asking for! Hopefully, they'll add extra trophies for that mode!

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/08/2018 at 5:20 PM, Erkawest said:

I also ordered this game today to play with my girlfriend as she loved the first one.

Is the 2nd game longer? We bought all the DLCs in the first game to extend our game time

The 2nd game has 6 worlds with 6 (i think) levels. There is (not too) secret levels called Kevin in the game too (8 in total).

The online modes extend the game a little.

On 8/27/2018 at 2:56 PM, pharolemosbr said:

The 2nd game has 6 worlds with 6 (i think) levels. There is (not too) secret levels called Kevin in the game too (8 in total).

The online modes extend the game a little.

Yes I know, platinumed the game already some weeks ago. But thanks anyway!