It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

Like I mentioned (somewhere) in this topic, this gave me the idea of making an Easter Egg in my own profile, using the same exercise :D so, now, I have my name (PEDRO) written “backwards” - so you can read it properly, obv; in my trophy profile :D so, first things first: THANK YOU @Dr_Mayus :) 

I didn’t join the club for this, but, from the date stipulated I did:

D - Dust: an Elysian Tale

R - Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

O - Overcooked 2

P - Peggle 2

P - PlayStation All-Star Batte Royale

E - Ether One

R - Rocket League

:D yeeeah :D 

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Wasn't today the last day? (not that it would make any difference for me now..). 

Well that is what I meant :P. When I posted that it was like 1pm my time so people had "the day" to finish. 

But yes thanks to @Dragon-Archon's time zone questions early it is until the end of day your time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well that is what I meant :P. When I posted that it was like 1pm my time so people had "the day" to finish. 

But yes thanks to @Dragon-Archon's time zone questions early it is until the end of day your time.

OK, that explains it. 

I could rush XBlaze Lost Memories, but an X would do me no good to improve the word + I would need to skip to finish it by the end of the day and I'm not doing that (still, this is the worst VN that I ever played.. And the fact that over half of this VN is reused from Code Embryo is just making this an even more boring experience.. And I actually enjoyed Code Embryo, as someone that likes Blazblue lore). 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

3 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

OK, that explains it. 

I could rush XBlaze Lost Memories, but an X would do me no good to improve the word + I would need to skip to finish it by the end of the day and I'm not doing that (still, this is the worst VN that I ever played.. And the fact that over half of this VN is reused from Code Embryo is just making this an even more boring experience.. And I actually enjoyed Code Embryo, as someone that likes Blazblue lore). 

Ugh that game SUCKS

I platted it for the last Plat Rain I was part of. I did the same thing where I planned to plat it in 1 day to not only get the Plat Rain (I did it on the last day of the Plat Rain) but also my points would count towards Dragon's Trophy Comp.

It was such a mess of a game that it ended up taking me like the whole day to plat it (and that was with skipping all the scenes). 

4 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Ugh that game SUCKS

I platted it for the last Plat Rain I was part of. I did the same thing where I planned to plat it in 1 day to not only get the Plat Rain (I did it on the last day of the Plat Rain) but also my points would count towards Dragon's Trophy Comp.

It was such a mess of a game that it ended up taking me like the whole day to plat it (and that was with skipping all the scenes). 

Ya, it's been quite terrible... 

I'm not skipping, but I'm more listening than actually reading (not that I understand much Japanese, but my brain still remembers those very same lines of the Code Embryo story, so I only read the stuff exclusive to Lost Memories, but that's actually the worst side of the game..).

I had it started way back in January and never went back to it, but this weekend my game collection is reduced (my disc based games aren't here), and I don't want to start more games on ps3 until I clean up some more games, so I decided to go for this one.. 

Yesterday did 2 floors and almost fell asleep, today somehow I managed to do 3 before dinner and I will do the 6th before going to sleep, so boring.. I will finish it tomorrow or something (left 1 Tip at the start, with a save made right before it, because I'm not getting more plats for now). 

29 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ya, it's been quite terrible... 

I'm not skipping, but I'm more listening than actually reading (not that I understand much Japanese, but my brain still remembers those very same lines of the Code Embryo story, so I only read the stuff exclusive to Lost Memories, but that's actually the worst side of the game..).

I had it started way back in January and never went back to it, but this weekend my game collection is reduced (my disc based games aren't here), and I don't want to start more games on ps3 until I clean up some more games, so I decided to go for this one.. 

Yesterday did 2 floors and almost fell asleep, today somehow I managed to do 3 before dinner and I will do the 6th before going to sleep, so boring.. I will finish it tomorrow or something (left 1 Tip at the start, with a save made right before it, because I'm not getting more plats for now). 

Yeah I am not great with VNs. I tend to get really bored by the story. There are a few exceptions (Danganronpa, VNR and the Tell Tale Games...if those count as VNs) but for the most part I get them free off of plus and just blast through them for the plat.

7 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yeah I am not great with VNs. I tend to get really bored by the story. There are a few exceptions (Danganronpa, VNR and the Tell Tale Games...if those count as VNs) but for the most part I get them free off of plus and just blast through them for the plat.

OK, for me, it depends on the story. There are some that I played and didn't likes, like Amnesia, but it was because I didn't liked the story, not because I felt that the game "just" sucked.. 

I still have a few other (more enjoyable) to play in the future, but I'm still fighting against my unearned trophies, so I try to avoid starting many new games nowadays, and try to trophy clean up a bit.. 

I actually have the Nonary games (the 999+VLR one) in my backlog, along some Danganrompa games and Psycho-Pass (I think that's all VN currently in my backlog). 

Just now, Han_the_Dragon said:

OK, for me, it depends on the story. There are some that I played and didn't likes, like Amnesia, but it was because I didn't liked the story, not because I felt that the game "just" sucked.. 

I still have a few other (more enjoyable) to play in the future, but I'm still fighting against my unearned trophies, so I try to avoid starting many new games nowadays, and try to trophy clean up a bit.. 

I actually have the Nonary games (the 999+VLR one) in my backlog, along some Danganrompa games and Psycho-Pass (I think that's all VN currently in my backlog). 

But that is what I mean. Story is so important but I often find Vns to be very melodramatic to the point where I just tune out. I am like that with a lot of games as well, most game writers aren't very good and so the stories end up being trash.

4 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

But that is what I mean. Story is so important but I often find Vns to be very melodramatic to the point where I just tune out. I am like that with a lot of games as well, most game writers aren't very good and so the stories end up being trash.

OK, ya, and while I enjoyed most of the VN that I played, there's a good reason for that to happen, I rarely buy/play games exclusively for trophies, so I end up being really selective on what VN I play, and avoid most of them.. 

The only VN that I played so far were Steins;Gate, Stains;Gate 0 (loved the original anime, didn't watched SG0 anime, because it aired when I was playing the VN), Virtue's Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma (ya, just missing playing 999..), Amnesia (read about halfway of the 1st story, but then skip the remaining, I think, to boring), XBlaze Code Embryo (got it cheap, since it was related to BB lore) and Code Realize (mainly skip it, but was reading bits and pieces while doing it, kind of regret skipping, because I liked the bits that I read, since I like the Steampunk setting, but it was a major need at the time, because it was to setup Persona 5 as my 150th Plat, and when I started Persona 5, I dropped every other game that I was playing..). 

So, ya, I probably didn't played that many VN, and I have been mainly playing the better ones.. With a few misses, but then, now I know to avoid Ottome VN 100% of the time.. 

Just now, Han_the_Dragon said:

OK, ya, and while I enjoyed most of the VN that I played, there's a good reason for that to happen, I rarely buy/play games exclusively for trophies, so I end up being really selective on what VN I play, and avoid most of them.. 

The only VN that I played so far were Steins;Gate, Stains;Gate 0 (loved the original anime, didn't watched SG0 anime, because it aired when I was playing the VN), Virtue's Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma (ya, just missing playing 999..), Amnesia (read about halfway of the 1st story, but then skip the remaining, I think, to boring), XBlaze Code Embryo (got it cheap, since it was related to BB lore) and Code Realize (mainly skip it, but was reading bits and pieces while doing it, kind of regret skipping, because I liked the bits that I read, since I like the Steampunk setting, but it was a major need at the time, because it was to setup Persona 5 as my 150th Plat, and when I started Persona 5, I dropped every other game that I was playing..). 

So, ya, I probably didn't played that many VN, and I have been mainly playing the better ones.. With a few misses, but then, now I know to avoid Ottome VN 100% of the time.. 

For me it is just the ones that go free on Plus that usually suck :P

And yes Persona 5 does demand you stop every other game because that game is awesome :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

For me it is just the ones that go free on Plus that usually suck :P

And yes Persona 5 does demand you stop every other game because that game is awesome :D

OK, ya, the 2 Ottome that I played, this stupid XBlaze and Psycho-Pass were all from ps+ (hope Psycho-Pass isn't That bad, but I read comments to not have high expectations on it..) 

And, ya, P5 was my most anticipated game for years! (well worth the waiting), nowadays there's nothing comparable to it ad far as me wanting to play a game. I really want to play some games that released recently, but I'm not finding that big of an urge to play them, so for now I will continue boosting MP trophies (luckily it's mainly ps4 now), try to clean my started games to make my profile at least 90+% and work on my next milestone. 

On 9/30/2018 at 5:24 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

Thanks buddy :)

Also my work just put me on compressed schedule so I will be working longer hours but less days (I get an extra 3 days off a month).

No problem bud :highfive: .

Oh nice, that seems like a good trade-off.

12 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Happy to help :D .

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Spelling Bee fail for me, and all I needed was a vowel, too.

If you had an "f" you could've spelled NSFW. It's in the Oxford dictionary. However, NSW is also in it and it stands for New South Wales.

11 hours ago, Aeir_ said:

Forgot to provide an update, but I finished my word last Friday.

God of War

InFamous Second Son

Life is Strange

Driveclub

Stories: The Path of Destinies

Thank you for a fun event!

Ahh, trying to Gild the lily...to improve what is already beautiful or excellent :)

Also I have been going through all the contestants and adding the words to the original post. I will hit the EDIT button once everyone is added in :D

Happy to see all the MAYUS's spelled. That Y is a bitch to plat but there are some decent games out there.

On 9/30/2018 at 4:02 PM, Dr_Mayus said:
On 9/30/2018 at 3:56 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

OK, that explains it. 

Ugh that game SUCKS

Did you play the PS3 version, because that game is slow as molasses. I platted the Vita version recently and it goes by a bit faster, but I really wasn't into the lore of the story much except for the added content. As someone told me, this game is just Code Embyro's entire story with some added stuff in it. It's a crime that they charge $40 for this game and $5 for Embyro.

10 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Did you play the PS3 version, because that game is slow as molasses. I platted the Vita version recently and it goes by a bit faster, but I really wasn't into the lore of the story much except for the added content. As someone told me, this game is just Code Embyro's entire story with some added stuff in it. It's a crime that they charge $40 for this game and $5 for Embyro.

Ya, it was the ps3 version.. 

I rarely play VN on the big consoles because I find the Vita more comfortable to read on (that's why I got several Danganronpa games, Nonary Games and Psycho-Pass on my vita backlog), but Lost Memories was given to ps+ only for PS3, so I played it on ps3. 

I do find odd that Lost Memories is always more expensive, rarely goes on sale and Code Embryo is the superior one.. 

13 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

1f630.png What a nutty couple of months. 

First off a HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my fellow Canadians.

I have now gone through all 26 pages and did my best to find all the completed words. PLEASE if I missed you let me know. Also there were some interesting words like Beefily...Spell Check didn't really like that one but when I googled it it did come up :P

Interestingly enough no one went for the 3 letter word. That might change with this being over and people wanting at least some sort of badge...also only 1 4 letter word completed.

17 people did a 5+ word and some of those words were huge. I know that some of the people that did the MAYUS challenge did additional 5 letter words but I didn't write them in as I gave you credit for the Bonus badge (which gets you both badges).

12 people went for the MAYUS challenge :o That is fantastic. I did it myself and finding a Y game to play was not an easy task. I am happy other people liked Yoku's Island as well, I thought it was a fun little game (except the collectibles were complete bullshit).

Also @Dragon-Archon @DoctorDrPepper did you guys finish a word? I didn't see anything completed from either of you but you platted a lot of games.

Thank you all for participating in this crazy event and thank you all especially for putting up with my absences...as I have said a couple of times this has been a crazy couple of months...and now I am a little worried as my contract is up in a couple of weeks and I am hoping for an extension...but that is my worries not yours :)

Finally a HUGE thank you to @Kristycism again as this would not have worked at all without all of your amazing work. 

Hope that you get that extension! And I know how stressful it can be when the date is closer! 

Thanks for the event, it sure was a fun one! 

Also, my word is wrong, I upgraded it for Pendragons after I Plat Dirt Showdown. 

I had asked @Kristycism to not change it until I Plat Dirt Showdown, because I wasn't sure if I could get it in time, but she didn't update it after.

Also, a note for @Kristycism, if you already did the art for my badge as if the final word being Persona, then leave my final word as Persona. I don't want to give you extra work, when all this confusion was started by myself. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon