Tips for Missile, Demon, Zombie, Girl and Impossible Boy

S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

40 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Nice to hear that you all make good progress! :)

Take your time and with patience you will all do it! :)

Thanks for the motivation. Just now, my furthest No-Death Run went from 2/20 to 5/20. Very slow but progressive pace. Especially with Impossible Boy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

@OJ9999vr thanks for the detailed explanation and your tips! :)

Nice to hear that you all make good progress! :)

Take your time and with patience you will all do it! :)

Thanks, went the step further and added videos to all levels. But i should probably have hidden the videos to reduce loading times, don't know how to do it quickly and i also have no idea on how to delete the videos once they're saved :/

Edit: figured it out

Edited by OJ9999vr
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

Thanks, went the step further and added videos to all levels. But i should probably have hidden the videos to reduce loading times, don't know how to do it quickly and i also have no idea on how to delete the videos once they're saved :/

Edit: figured it out

Wow thanks, that's really kindly from you!

That you made so many single videos is just awesome, that will certainly help many people :) 

7 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Wow thanks, that's really kindly from you!

That you made so many single videos is just awesome, that will certainly help many people :) 

The thing that caught my eye when you wrote your review was the death counter you posted. Just under 20,000. 

I must be doing pretty good if I’m practicing Girl Boy and only got 11,700 deaths so far.

23 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

@Spaz

Yeah the death Counter doesn't really matter for me, it was just a little Information for everyone else :)

I could have had much less deaths if I had not been so lazy and instead of killing myself just restarted the level, but as i said the Counter means nothing to me :D

Agreed. All that matters is that you got the plat ??

• Like 1

i was just about to start work on 'Maggot Boy' n was surprised to see zero tips or guides or anything on that one.......does this mean this one is 'easy'?! lol 

i couldnt even find anything on youtube. except for plenty of ppl just uploading their successful runs.

hmm. curious. guess i'll just crack on then!

EDIT: yea I see why there was no tips now, after I'd taken my own personal level notes it only took 2 hours of iron man'in for 'maggot boy' to pop. Much faster than I was expecting. The levels weren't to bad at all, just the usual stupid deaths everywhere until u get a clean run.

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 1

Thanks again to the tips n tutorials, which greatly helped me get the 'zombie boy' gold trophy. That took me about 3 days. Significant difficulty spike from the previous trophies. I dread to see how much the difficulty spike will multiply with my last 2 trophies in cotton alley :/

I'm also very very sad that there isn't sir knight tutorials for cotton alley... Just at the point where we need them most!! 

I will admit... I am very afraid :S

• Like 1

1 hour ago, esstee11 said:

Thanks again to the tips n tutorials, which greatly helped me get the 'zombie boy' gold trophy. That took me about 3 days. Significant difficulty spike from the previous trophies. I dread to see how much the difficulty spike will multiply with my last 2 trophies in cotton alley :/

I'm also very very sad that there isn't sir knight tutorials for cotton alley... Just at the point where we need them most!! 

I will admit... I am very afraid :S

Well at this point i would say the same everyone told me at this point, if you are managed to get zombie boy, you are 100% capable to get the Platin Trophy :)

Sorry for my English, but it's 04:00 am here in Germany and  i am really drunk ^^

Edited by S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y
  • Like 2

Good point and looking at the percentages of people getting zombie boy at 0.19% and girl boy at 0.18% and impossible boy at 0.16% I'd say that was pretty close meaning I'm instilled with more confidence that if I've come this far I have quite good chances of actually making the platinum! :D

I'm gonna have a break for about a week before I attempt them tho, mainly cuz it's my birthday tomorrow and I wanna party lol 

Thanks for the motivational hope tho OP :D

• Like 1

I seem to be progressing level by level at this point. I went from 8/20 to 9/20 in Cotton Alley Dark; but I'm happy with it. Also, 7-2X, 7-9X and 7-14X have become less of a threat. I've also managed to find the perfect "deathless" strategy for 7-3X and 7-17X. Generally simple levels but it's easy to make a mistake. I posted this on the Bitching Thread, so I decided to post it again but with different results from last time:

Deathless: 7-2X, 7-4X, 7-5X, 7-6X, 7-7X, 7-10X, 7-11X, 7-18X

A few deaths: 7-8X, 7-13X

A lot of deaths: 7-1X

Deaths due to poor timing but slowly getting better: 7-3X, 7-9X, 7-12X, 7-14X, 7-15X, 7-17X, 7-19X

Terrible: 7-16X, 7-20X

16 hours ago, Blazhead said:

hey, i clear Maggot boy, but now i have trouble for level 8, 10 of Hell dark

Nice work on getting Maggot Boy.

4-8X - Learn how to use Gish and his ability to stick and slide on the ceiling.

4-10X - Use Meat Boy. He makes the first part of the level easier. The rest of the level isn't that bad with the right timing.

Excellent. I finally hit two digits. From 9/20 to 11/20 on Cotton Alley Dark. To think that 7-12X would stop a progressive run. I used to be very good at that level but hesitance, impatience and nerves got the better of me. Oh well. The path to the Platinum draws nearer.

Edited by DJY8898
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

cuz so many people are getting the smb platinum recently i hope theres not somethin fishy going on.... :|

anyway i came to say, looking at the levels i actually thought i would personally find Girl Boy easier than Zombie Boy. but when it came to playing it... nope. 

But i did get Girl Boy the other night (yayy :D) but it took me about 5 days. whereas Zombie Boy took me 2 or 3 days.

My Impossible Boy research/practice starts tonight! just started watching your run video OP and i havent seen that stand between the saw blades as they pass for level 20 before...so thats an instant improvement already! I'm also reading through your notes, they're good thankyou. and I'm also gonna give this tutorial video a go, though i don't know how useful it will be: 

(very sad sir knight didnt just do the last 2 tutorial vids cuz his were excellent. a main reason why i got through the other trophies quickly.)

anyway lets see if i can finish off this plat!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so it happened...!!

tonight on round #9 (the 9th day of me attempting this final iron man run) i mastered it and got the impossible boy trophy! completing my SMB platinum!

so i wanna especially thank the OP, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y for his great work packing this thread with lots of vital information that definitely helped me make it, thanks to all the other guys who shared tips, and thanks for the motivation!

good luck to anyone else who takes on this mental but awesome game!

am

so

happy!!!!!! 

:D

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, esstee11 said:

tonight on round #9 (the 9th day of me attempting this final iron man run) i mastered it and got the impossible boy trophy! completing my SMB platinum!

good luck to anyone else who takes on this mental but awesome game!

9 days!? It took me 5 days to go from 4/20 to 7/20. After my 18/20 run, my gameplay fell apart. There must be something really wrong with me, my approach or mentality. Though I'm still on break, once I return to SMB, I will make sure I succeed this time.

Nonetheless, congratulations. I strive to join you in the Platinum Club soon enough.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Nice to hear that the tips have helped at least a few people. :)

Congratulations to the platinum, do you know already which difficult game will come next? :D  @esstee11

Thanks mate!

3 in the pipeline of my mind...

I've been very excited to start Outlast 2 cuz I'm a horror nut, n apparently that no death run is super difficult.

I intend to finish n maybe try to be the first person to get the platinum for 'where are my friends?' there are 3 no death runs that are very hard, I've done 1, so I only have 2 trophies left.

N as I've now done I Am Bread & Super Meat Boy I think it's only fair I have a stab at some point at the other notoriously hard silly indie Surgeon Simulator!

I'll be a busy girl lol....

8 hours ago, DJY8898 said:

9 days!? It took me 5 days to go from 4/20 to 7/20. After my 18/20 run, my gameplay fell apart. There must be something really wrong with me, my approach or mentality. Though I'm still on break, once I return to SMB, I will make sure I succeed this time.

Nonetheless, congratulations. I strive to join you in the Platinum Club soon enough.

Yea 9 days I think the 5 day's on 'girl boy' greatly helped that, cuz there is plenty of similarities and I personally think the difficulty between those 2 isn't toooooo different.

Did u play all the rest of the game first doing it in order? I think by the time u've had all that practice u will def get the impossible boy trophy n plat so keep at it, :) good luck!

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, esstee11 said:

Yea 9 days I think the 5 day's on 'girl boy' greatly helped that, cuz there is plenty of similarities and I personally think the difficulty between those 2 isn't toooooo different.

Did u play all the rest of the game first doing it in order? I think by the time you've had all that practice u will def get the impossible boy trophy n plat so keep at it, :) good luck!

Thanks. At first, I tried to go in order in terms of no-death runs - Wood Boy, Squirrel Boy, Needle Boy, Blood Clot Boy and Salt Boy. When I reached Missile Boy, I struggled for a week and almost gave up twice so I decided to change my order and obtained Brimstone Boy, Demon Boy, Maggot Boy and Girl Boy in its place. When I returned to Missile Boy, I beat it in 3 days then obtained Zombie Boy a week later.

If anyone is wondering how long it took me to get each No-Death trophy, here it is. Though the exact time it took me to get them might be incorrect:

Wood Boy - 80 minutes

Squirrel Boy - 3 hours

Needle Boy - 90 minutes

Blood Clot Boy - 5 hours

Salt Boy - 4 hours

Missile Boy - 3 days (10 if I count my 1 week of struggle)

Brimstone Boy - 7 hours

Demon Boy - 4 days

Maggot Boy - 1 day

Zombie Boy - 7 days

Girl Boy - 10 days

Impossible Boy - Unobtained after 32 consecutive days so I took a break; but I will return.

Death count - Over 60,000.

1 hour ago, DJY8898 said:

Thanks. At first, I tried to go in order in terms of no-death runs - Wood Boy, Squirrel Boy, Needle Boy, Blood Clot Boy and Salt Boy. When I reached Missile Boy, I struggled for a week and almost gave up twice so I decided to change my order and obtained Brimstone Boy, Demon Boy, Maggot Boy and Girl Boy in its place. When I returned to Missile Boy, I beat it in 3 days then obtained Zombie Boy a week later.

If anyone is wondering how long it took me to get each No-Death trophy, here it is. Though the exact time it took me to get them might be incorrect:

Wood Boy - 80 minutes

Squirrel Boy - 3 hours

Needle Boy - 90 minutes

Blood Clot Boy - 5 hours

Salt Boy - 4 hours

Missile Boy - 3 days (10 if I count my 1 week of struggle)

Brimstone Boy - 7 hours

Demon Boy - 4 days

Maggot Boy - 1 day

Zombie Boy - 7 days

Girl Boy - 10 days

Impossible Boy - Unobtained after 32 consecutive days so I took a break; but I will return.

Death count - Over 60,000.

Dam bro, maybe I'm better at platformers that I thort, cuz I would pay no attention to the death counter n endlessly kill myself during practice cuz im lazy n it's quicker than exiting and restarting the level, But my end death counter at time of platinum is 27,000 :/

Hmmm so ur def havin a real hard time of it with impossible boy, how can I help, uhm.. I'd say def use the 'cheats' for level 7, 11, & 20. Def use the awesome 'tricks' for levels 13, 15, & 18. Have a look at the 30 minute impossible boy tutorial vid I added a few posts back... Like it's not great, but it's ok. N in the side suggestions on YouTube of that vid will also be a more in-depth 57 minute tutorial vid, that I also watched. Again it's not great... But it probably helped me a little in some way.

Also I uploaded my own impossible boy run on utube I'm 'EssTee' if u were interested.

There r other tips I could give like on level 15, after your straight away long jump to the left if u jump off the TOP of the 3 blocks to grab the key, then on the right jump off the BOTTOM of the 3 blocks to get to safe spot... You'll never die.

All the luck in the world to u tho man 

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, esstee11 said:

Dam bro, maybe I'm better at platformers that I thort, cuz I would pay no attention to the death counter n endlessly kill myself during practice cuz im lazy n it's quicker than exiting and restarting the level, But my end death counter at time of platinum is 27,000 :/

Hmmm so ur def havin a real hard time of it with impossible boy, how can I help, uhm.. I'd say def use the 'cheats' for level 7, 11, & 20. Def use the awesome 'tricks' for levels 13, 15, & 18. Have a look at the 30 minute impossible boy tutorial vid I added a few posts back... Like it's not great, but it's ok. N in the side suggestions on YouTube of that vid will also be a more in-depth 57 minute tutorial vid, that I also watched. Again it's not great... But it probably helped me a little in some way.

Also I uploaded my own impossible boy run on utube I'm 'EssTee' if u were interested.

There r other tips I could give like on level 15, after your straight away long jump to the left if u jump off the TOP of the 3 blocks to grab the key, then on the right jump off the BOTTOM of the 3 blocks to get to safe spot... You'll never die.

All the luck in the world to u tho man 

The amount of deaths are just a number that increases. I'm just very clumsy. I have my good days and bad days. As long as I get the Platinum, then the deaths won't matter. This was my progress before I took a break:

Deathless - 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18

75% Deathless - 13, 20

50% Deathless - 16

Most days deathless, some days terrible - 1, 8, 9, 19

I've watched many guides and tutorials but they've taught me something I already know. It all comes down to having a positive outlook. If I do really well, I may succeed if I keep a level-head.

• Like 1