Wolverine123's new account

Redbeard-Rik

7 minutes ago, Deadpool--Rik said:

Now I just need to find a quick way to get my posts up to 50 without getting a warning point so I can regain entry to the contests area.

You only need 25 posts to enter the new Giveaway-section. For the normal contests you should be able to post here. They changed in somewhere around the mid of July I think.

And have fun with your new account and may gaming much more enjoyable for you again. :)

BTW: I really like the choice for the avatar. :giggle:

Edited by Crimson Idol

7 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

You only need 25 posts to enter the new Giveaway-section. For the normal contests you should be able to post here. They changed in somewhere around the mid of July I think.

And have fun with your new account and may gaming much more enjoyable for you again. :)

BTW: I really like the choice for the avatar. :giggle:

Ah good on 25 posts that's half as much work. Yeah the avatar seemed appropriate.

Edited by Deadpool--Rik

11 minutes ago, Deadpool--Rik said:

Ah good on 25 posts that's half as much work.

But only if you want to enter a giveaway. Like I said everything else should work. E.g. if you check the Trophophobia-thread you will see that some people with less than 25 posts  were also able to post there:

But I don't know if there's any other restriction like a minimum "age" of an account to post. :hmm:

You might just give it a chance and try to post something in the events-section with your new account.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

But only if you want to enter a giveaway. Like I said everything else should work. E.g. if you check the Trophophobia-thread you will see that some people with less than 25 posts  were also able to post there:

But I don't know if there's any other restriction like a minimum "age" of an account to post. :hmm:

You might just give it a chance and try to post something in the events-section with your new account.

It let me post straight into there. Thats the event I was gonna have to get my count up to join so problem solved :D

A new beginning on your gaming front, so to speak... Sounds like a reasonable and well-thought decision, especially if you weren't really enjoying many of the games you played in recent memory.

Much success with your new account and be sure to have a lot of fun with the games you will be playing now :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Deadpool--Rik said:

This isn't about what other people think of my profile because I really couldn't care less, this is about making myself proud of my gaming achievements again.

hmmm...curiosity gets the best of me...why create a thread if you couldn't care less?...couldn't you just have written this in like a personal diary or something?...a status update?...it kind of says "hey guys, look at me!" which is fine just odd imo given the above quote...

@ProfBambam55  Sorry, but I think your comment says more about yourself than the OP and rather than take it apart line by line, I'd rather just move on and guess that maybe you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...

@Deadpool--Rik Thank you sincerely for sharing your story. I'm sure you have a lot of friends here that would have wondered where you went and appreciate knowing about your wise move. I find it very encouraging to see when a high level player starts over for personal satisfaction and does what is best for themselves despite appearances. I have made a similar move myself, but not from anywhere near your level. I'm having more fun than ever (at level 5...) and I'll never look back. Its great to see gamers like you around who are not in it just for show! There are a lot of ppl that take the leaderboards and competition seriously and that's fine...But at the end of the day, what good is it if your are sweating to keep your place and not enjoying the ride?

Have fun friend, and see ya around!

3 hours ago, journaltalk said:

@ProfBambam55  Sorry, but I think your comment says more about yourself than the OP and rather than take it apart line by line, I'd rather just move on and guess that maybe you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...

nope, woke up on the right side of the bed...i just don't get the point of the op...i guess in my mind anyone who would care about this person would already know they changed accounts...there is no one tagged in the op or mention of friends so it leads to further confusion...since they don't seem to care what the community thinks about their profile, i can't help but wonder "why post a public thread that draws attention to it?" and particularly given the thread title...again, I just don't get it...it's like actions vs. words or something like that...

26 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

nope, woke up on the right side of the bed...i just don't get the point of the op...i guess in my mind anyone who would care about this person would already know they changed accounts...there is no one tagged in the op or mention of friends so it leads to further confusion...since they don't seem to care what the community thinks about their profile, i can't help but wonder "why post a public thread that draws attention to it?" and particularly given the thread title...again, I just don't get it...it's like actions vs. words or something like that...

Welcome to PSNProfiles. Sharing our gaming thoughts is something we do here professor.  The fact that you judge the motive of his words as trying to draw attention to his profile rather than sharing his thoughts with friends about himself and something he puts a lot of time into, and then have to air that judgement - I find distasteful, esp. on an intro thread, which is where new members (profiles) are welcomed. 

If you want to talk action vs words, it looks like you profess to be too busy for this kinda behavior and ‘wondering’ out loud....  

Anyway, I was very cheered by the OP, and it looks like others were too. It is a big step to do what he did. Just cut the guy some slack okay? ?

41 minutes ago, journaltalk said:

The fact that you judge the motive of his words as trying to draw attention to his profile rather than sharing his thoughts with friends about himself and something he puts a lot of time into, and then have to air that judgement - I find distasteful, esp. on an intro thread, which is where new members (profiles) are welcomed. 

not here to judge, just understand...when things don't add up, I ask questions...it's really that simple and that's pretty much all I've done here...

not really sure what the dialogue between you and I has to do with anything...it would seem you've taken offense for some reason and feel the need to speak on behalf of the op?...perhaps just misinterpreted something?...still have no idea what the op's point was so still curious as stated in my first post...again, seems to be a conflict in actions vs words...

Edited by ProfBambam55

Can finally post in here again, must be a limit on how many times new accounts can post in 24 hours. Also I can only give 10 likes a day till my premium membership kicks in,they've run out for now, I'm guessing it won't do that till I earn a trophy and update. Won't be earning any trophies till I'm back from camping trip with the family on Friday.

@Cassylvania I'm really looking forward to replaying some favourites, dead space 1+2, arkham series, fallout series, mass effect trilogy, final fantasy 7+10 amongst others.

@journaltalk thankyou for your kind words, have fun.

@PlatynowyKot

Well done on the account switch, I had nothing like meat boy on my account, I don't think I could give that up. ?

@ProfBambam55

I'm involved in quite a few community events on here and some of them I'm continuing with on this account, I thought rather than post an explanation on each thread I would do an introduction to my new account here and just post a link in each of the events i'm in. That way if someone wants to say anything about it/ask questions they can do it here rather than go off topic in other threads. That's why I've not tagged anyone in the op, if anyone was interested they would see the link in the events I'm involved in.

I don't really see how anyone who cared on here would already know without being told, I literally made the new psn account on my mobile 10 minutes before making my new account here. I don't know who would care so wouldn't even know who to tag but a lot of people will know me on here as wolverine123 and I want them to still know me as Deadpool--Rik, I really don't care what people think of my trophy profile, what is there to think about a profile with no trophies on it anyway, but I want them to know who it is on the forum profile.

Also as I said I've been thinking about it for a long time, I've got as far as making a couple of accounts and earning trophies on them but bottling it and going back to my old account. This is the place where I most discuss trophies etc so if I've publicly dumped my old account here I feel I'm more likely to stick with it. I've had my wolverine account about 11 years since before trophies were a thing and switching it is a huge deal for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadpool--Rik said:

@ProfBambam55

I'm involved in quite a few community events on here and some of them I'm continuing with on this account...i've had my wolverine account about 11 years since before trophies were a thing and switching it is a huge deal for me.

thanks for the reply...curiosity > satisfied...even though I can't really relate to your situation, i can understand that it would be a big deal for you and the wanting to make it public so that you make an effort to leave the old account behind...i hope you find whatever it is you're looking for on this latest profile...cheers...

Although not exactly in the same boat as you, I can tell you that moving from the xbox to PS resulted in me re-playing a large number of great titles and it is a bittersweet experience. Some games just don't age too well and some that I remembered very fondly ended up being a grind-fest the second time around.

Anyway I personally think it's awesome that you shared your story, and it's nice that you've gone back to your roots re your love for gaming.

• Like 2