Subclass Trophy didn't pop up with char boost

Schnoogemetzger

As you know, with the DLC Forsaken you can boost a character. I have used this for a new Warlock character and, after I fully spend my subclass points, the trophy Ikora's Protégé didn't pop up. I tried several things (e.g. change character, logout, playing for an amount of time), but the trophy didn't pop up so far.

Does anyone has the same problem?

Edited by Schnoogemetzger

10 minutes ago, Schnoogemetzger said:

As you know, with the DLC Forsaken you can boost a character. I have used this for a new Warlock character and, after I fully spend my subclass points, the trophy Ikora's Protégé didn't pop up. I tried several things (e.g. change character, logout, playing for an amount of time), but the trophy didn't pop up so far.

Does anyone has the same problem?

I haven't played the new DLC yet so I don't know what boosting is but if this "boosting" means skipping to lvl 20 from the start of the game then chances are they made it so you can't get any of the level trophies by using boosting which would make sense because then people can get all 3 of the classes trophies in minutes while before it took hours.

Edited by jamaicanchampion

Yepp, it's skipping to level 20 or 30. I can't remember right now. Afterwards you char is "ready" for Forsaken. You can do this for one character for free (token included in the dlc) and you can buy a second boost token for 3000 silver. I just thought: "Ok, I do not have a Warlock Char so far, why not".

Yeah, it's stupid, if it's not working with the trophy...

3 minutes ago, Schnoogemetzger said:

Yepp, it's skipping to level 20 or 30. I can't remember right now. Afterwards you char is "ready" for Forsaken. You can do this for one character for free (token included in the dlc) and you can buy a second boost token for 3000 silver. I just thought: "Ok, I do not have a Warlock Char so far, why not".

Yeah, it's stupid, if it's not working with the trophy...

Then I'm pretty sure that they want you to level the 3 classes normally then. I don't have any proof since I haven't even opened destiny 2 since the new DLC and I already have all the trophies but the Prestige trophy, but I'm sure that is the reason. You are going to have to play the campaign and get to level 20 without using boosting.

37 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Well, the trophy trigger was probably tied to completing the quest for the third subclass. I'm sure they'll fix it in a few months if you report it.

I'm pretty sure the trophy unlocks after buying everything in all 3 subclasses. Not after completing the quest to unlock the subclass.

EDIT: nvm you are right. I was thinking about D1

Edited by jamaicanchampion

I haven’t played Destiny 2 but according to the trophy guide you have to complete a quest to permanently unlock the 2nd and 3rd subclasses. Have you completed both of these quests? If you haven’t completed those quests then presumably that’s why the trophy hasn’t unlocked. If you have completed them then it may be a bug. I would be surprised if Bungie gave you a level boost that unlocked all subclasses and instapopped the trophies for people.

2 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

I haven’t played Destiny 2 but according to the trophy guide you have to complete a quest to permanently unlock the 2nd and 3rd subclasses. Have you completed both of these quests? If you haven’t completed those quests then presumably that’s why the trophy hasn’t unlocked. If you have completed them then it may be a bug. I would be surprised if Bungie gave you a level boost that unlocked all subclasses and instapopped the trophies for people.

2 hours ago, jpwbjpwb said:

yes there are 3 elemental sub classes you must do the quest to unlock the 3rd for the trophy. For warlock these subclasses are  voidwalker, dawnblade, and stormcaller.

Yepp, I know. This is the normal way. This worked for my Hunter as expected. Bungie included a level boost. Have a look at this for example.

This thread is about level/char boost and the subclass trophy, which doesn't pop. As I said, it's not bad, but it could have saved some time.

1 hour ago, JayT504 said:

Same happened to me. I am hoping that they patch it or we get it by unlocking the new branches of the subclasses

Hmm, maybe. Good idea! If you there with your char, please let us know. Thx.

8 hours ago, Schnoogemetzger said:

Yepp, I know. This is the normal way. This worked for my Hunter as expected. Bungie included a level boost. Have a look at this for example.

This thread is about level/char boost and the subclass trophy, which doesn't pop. As I said, it's not bad, but it could have saved some time.

I know what you got but the trophy doesn’t unlock upon reaching a specific level, it’s unlocked when you complete the 2 quests that permanently unlock the 2nd and 3rd subclasses. Have you tried to see if you can find a Class Relic? Unless it’s bugged then it seems a bit silly for Bungie to give a level boost away just for people to delete that character because it makes the trophy unobtainable by using it.

14 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

I know what you got but the trophy doesn’t unlock upon reaching a specific level, it’s unlocked when you complete the 2 quests that permanently unlock the 2nd and 3rd subclasses. Have you tried to see if you can find a Class Relic? Unless it’s bugged then it seems a bit silly for Bungie to give a level boost away just for people to delete that character because it makes the trophy unobtainable by using it.

You won't ever see a Class Relic drop in game if you use the Spark of Light (an option in the character menu this time around rather than an actual item). When you use the Spark, it not only bumps up your character level but also autocompletes the main story missions and automatically unlocks all the subclasses. A Class Relic won't drop for a subclass you've already unlocked. It's an oversight on Bungie's part, just another sign of how much of an afterthought trophies are to most developers.

"Whoops, this change breaks how this trophy unlocks! Didn't think about that...."

The game gets patched on a regular basis so it'll get fixed eventually. Probably sooner rather than later since it's obvious what the problem is. It's not a bugged trophy where they don't know why it isn't unlocking, like Student of History was in Destiny 1. That took Bungie a couple of months to figure out what was causing it to not unlock for some people. In this case, they know exactly why it isn't unlocking so the fix should be simple. Once they get around to it anyway.

• 3 months later...

Old thread, I apologize for resurrecting it, but I just wanted to let y'all know that they introduced a fix to this for anyone coming to see this when they have the same issue.

Just continue through the Forsaken campaign with that character that you boosted until you unlock the new subclass and the trophy should unlock.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 0:46 AM, Xannic said:

Old thread, I apologize for resurrecting it, but I just wanted to let y'all know that they introduced a fix to this for anyone coming to see this when they have the same issue.

Just continue through the Forsaken campaign with that character that you boosted until you unlock the new subclass and the trophy should unlock.

Would it be quicker doing that or just playing through the normal way?

• 2 weeks later...