Deadly Obsession - Tips and Tricks

FranciRoosters

29 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

I apologize if this has been asked before but what carries over into new game +?  Does everything have to be collected again?

Only the skills purchased and the resources you have acquired in your first playthrough, the collectibles don't carry over... if you want you have to collect them again...

I just finished it on NG+

Climbing parts are more dangerous than enemies?. I think I died like 5 times during ememy encounters and 30+ on climbing, even tho I finished the game on medium and already knew where to go. I beat the final boss on my first try but died 3 times on the climbing part before arriving at the boss.

Edited by Ondina
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ondina said:

I just finished it on NG+

Climbing parts are more dangerous than enemies1f604.png. I think I died like 5 times during ememy encounters and 30+ on climbing, even tho I finished the game on medium and already knew where to go. I beat the final boss on my first try but died 3 times on the climbing part before arriving at the boss.

yeah the climbing is the hardest part since Lara often decides not to grab ledges or ropes and such. Final boss can be easy if you have herbs in stock and spam endurande/focus mix all  the time and healing.

31 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Currently on my DO run. How do I know which checkpoints save the game? Because obviously it saves a checkpoint in between camps sometimes

It doesn't. I've noticed this as well, sometimes the save logo can be seen on the left corner but it doesn't save. The only save you'll get on DO is at campfires.

Edited by Ondina

2 hours ago, Ondina said:

It doesn't. I've noticed this as well, sometimes the save logo can be seen on the left corner but it doesn't save. The only save you'll get on DO is at campfires.

Saves i have noticed is the first time you are in the tsunami early in the game you get a checkpoint at the start, also the earthquake in mission of san whatever its called give you a checkpoint. After the cutscene when you enter the oilfields unarmed you get a checkpoint aswell. You also get a checkpoint at the last boss.

22 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Saves i have noticed is the first time you are in the tsunami early in the game you get a checkpoint at the start, also the earthquake in mission of san whatever its called give you a checkpoint. After the cutscene when you enter the oilfields unarmed you get a checkpoint aswell. You also get a checkpoint at the last boss.

Sounds fair!

Currently at Cenote atm... Praying 

3 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Sounds fair!

Currently at Cenote atm... Praying 

Cenote was kinda brutal. No checkpoints there at all. I died once during the chase scene and 5ish times climbing out of the cenote at the end. Everytime Lara refused to grab ledges. 

My tip is to take your time when climbing. Also after you gotten the first water wheel to turn alot of enemies spawn, you can ignore them 100% and jump into the water and dive through the now turning wheel to the other side. They can't follow you there so you are totally safe and save some time and ammo.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Just beat Cenote on first try, everything went great.

Does this mean that the hardest part of DO is over? Taking a break for now

I think its probably in the top 3 atleast. Final boss can be somewhat hard, but you can abuse endurance/focus mix to make it alot easier. Then there are the firefights in San Juan and the oilfields where you are unarmed. But the forced stealth section in oilfields can be skipped by running past the enemies and healing, and just after that you get a bow again and can simply shoot the confuse arrow and have the enemies do your job for you.

On 17/09/2018 at 6:55 AM, DharmaDan said:

Yeah I ended up completing it last night, managed to beat the final boss on my first try, just kept shooting him in the head with the upgraded assault rifle and pistol (kept my distance from him so I didn't use the shotgun that much). There was a couple of tricky missions where you are not able to save for a while in the second half of the game. This happens around missions 12 (Eye of the Serpent) to 14 (Rebellion Lives) and missions 15 (Last Emperor) to 16 (Downpour). I believe you do get a checkpoint near the end (Mission 19) but I can't confirm this, some guy on YouTube who also completed Deadly Obsession said this.

debating but will most likely try a DO run. since difficulty trophies stack I'll get plat if I succeed.

during final boss however,did you worry about his people with him or just focus solely on him?

i about blew a gasket a few times because of the crap climbing mechanic.  those overhang bits you slowly can climb after getting far into the game are terrible.  either jumping to them or jumping gaps on them is a recipe for disaster.  the gap you jump when over the rapids at least 6 times she just hit an invisible wall and fell straight down.  on the lcimb to the final boss, she hit invisible walls and just fell to her death.    the gun fights were easy.  i also got a glitch on the final battle where she had no weapons.....

• 3 weeks later...
On 17-9-2018 at 11:43 PM, Quink666 said:

I just finished Cenote. The combat part was easy (just abused focus/endurance mix) and so was the chase sequence but i died 7 times after cause lara refused to grab ledges. I died probably 15 times in my DO run so far and every single one has been because of Lara not doing what she is supposed to. Happened to me all the time on easy aswell. It says alot about a game when all your deaths come from the AI that is supposed to grab the ledge but instead bounces of the wall and dies.

Lara reaches for the ledge and you think its safe but you are wrong she just decides to commit suicide instead. 

In Uncharted when Nathan reaches for a ledge he grabs it 100% of the time. That is how it should work, that's a developer that puts some love and hard work into their games.

Also died in the tsunami section a few times when you should grab the lightpost and swing across she always grabbed it but didnt swing long enough. Thankfully you got a checkpoint right at the start of that.

The same happened to me twice... Really annoying. 

I'm going towards the end game now tho... Just got back to the city. 

On 9/20/2018 at 10:48 AM, Quink666 said:

Also after you gotten the first water wheel to turn alot of enemies spawn, you can ignore them 100% and jump into the water and dive through the now turning wheel to the other side. They can't follow you there so you are totally safe and save some time and ammo.

This really helped...Cenote was the level i was worried about most...luckily i passed it on my first try...

on my easy run, i died multiple times on the stupid chase scene due to wonky grab mechanics and i was dreading that happening during the DO run...got lucky though...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 11:31 AM, downey82 said:

For Cenote turn the brightness to max

curious, what will this help with?  this is the section i'm stuck on because lara either won't grab a ledge after the chase scene or just falls off when climbing the rocks.

• 1 month later...

I'm about to start my DO run after I do some cleanup and I'm really not looking forward to it, it's very likely that I won't be finishing it. In my opinion disabling autosaves is the wrong way to increase difficulty, especially since you can easily die during climbing sections if Lara suddenly decides to not grab on to a ledge or not jump for no apparent reason. This just makes playing extremely frustrating if you lose an hour of gameplay just because of a stupid glitch.

For those who are still looking for answers and still wondering,
here are a few tips and key points to take note of on Deadly Obsession (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)..

1. In the Tsunami section in Cozumel, there is a checkpoint at the start of the Tsunami, in case you killed yourself in the Tsunami.
  2. Your first base camp will be the Peruvian Jungle, other camps scattered throughout the game would require 3x pcs of Hardwood to light up.
  3. In the Trial of Eagle section, master the steps/path you need to take in order to reach the top and know where to jump once at the top. If you get killed, you will start at the last camp you lighted up (nearest is at the base of the trial).
  4. Cenote is the most nerve-racking section of the entire run IMO, if you fcked up the overhang climb, you will have to start over from the last camp where you got the shotgun (provided that you've had the camp lighted up).
  5. Utilize your fear arrow in most of the combat sections, best if you can unlock the OWL'S FEAST skill to get more harvest from spiders and beetles to craft more fear arrows.
  6. The landslide/earthquake 'chase' sequence in San Juan also has a checkpoint similar to the Tsunami, at the beginning, THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO MADE THIS!
  7. Before proceeding with the 'Point of No Return' mission, stock up on all of your ammo from the merchant in San Juan or Kuwaq Yaku.
  8. Use only pistol/bow prior to Rourke in the tank, so you may save MG ammo for the final Dominguez boss fight.
  9. During the final boss, immediately use Endurance mix and focus on breaking the 3 pillars to summon Dominguez into battle. Disregard the goons to save ammo.
  10. Spam lots of Endurance and Focus herbs so that you can absorb a lot of damage from his goons and slow-down time to precisely shoot Dominguez.
  11. I wore the outfit to increase the duration of Endurance mix in my final battle with Dominguez, you may also wear the outfit to absorb less damage from arrows and bullets if you want to.

Good luck. DO is fairly easy on New Game Plus once you have had most of the skills unlocked.

Edited by Muze92
  • Like 2