Twisted Metal Boosting Guide

Empovyle

As someone who just platinumed this game, I can confirm that if you are in a winning team with the host, it also counts towards trophies even when you're not the host. I myself only hosted 4 nuke games.

Edited by Slazzio

Finally finished! Couldn’t have done it without this boosting guide and all the replies. My only tip is don’t save Juggernaut til your last map, trying to get kills on LA Skyline with a semi was ridiculous.

My 30 day, 10 map, 10 mode, and 50 kills trophies all did not pop on time. Despite what some other people said, a single player getting kicked from the game voided all those from counting towards ranked, even though they showed in your stats. Luckily, I had written down which maps and modes this had happened on and it popped exactly when I replayed them. Unfortunately I had to redo the 30 days, popped after 58 games going in and out. I highly recommend using a Google spreadsheet because it keeps all the edit history and I was able to go back and look at what car I was on when it glitched and get the kills. Best of luck to everyone! 

• Like 3

Did anyone have a problem getting the right place, right time trophy? I have done it exactly like in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O559JN54nE

I got the kill in like about 3 or 4 seconds after my respawn. I also got a kill in under 5 seconds in an online DM, but no trophy so far.

Also, is it 100% sure that this trophy is still obtainable after the server closure?

Edited by quickfoozlle

19 minutes ago, quickfoozlle said:

Did anyone have a problem getting the right place, right time trophy? I have done it exactly like in this video:

I got the kill in like about 3 or 4 seconds after my respawn. I also got a kill in under 5 seconds in an online DM, but no trophy so far.

Also, is it 100% sure that this trophy is still obtainable after the server closure?

Are you using Lan mode? Those trophies are not gonna unlock in split screen mode. Lan and Split-screen will be available after server closure only trophies will be affected are those have "ranked" in the name i believe but don't risk it.

4 hours ago, quickfoozlle said:

I had the same issue. When I watched the timer on the screen, I had gotten the kill under 5 seconds multiple times. Only seemed to pop when it was 3 seconds or less. I did it on Killing Field, with 10 players, but it was definitely possible with 6 and some more patience. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, johncnstntn__ said:

Are you using Lan mode? Those trophies are not gonna unlock in split screen mode. Lan and Split-screen will be available after server closure only trophies will be affected are those have "ranked" in the name i believe but don't risk it.

+ this one:

Calypso
Achieve the Highest Online Rank 

Edited by Smashero

On 08/10/2018 at 6:15 AM, Smashero said:

It works, but only for Last Man Standing as I mentioned before. When the 2 other 2x2 players quit, kill your splitscreen - you will win the match and stats saves.

You can complete 10 wins on a map in 20 mins top.

I used this for my last 10 maps... bloody excellent way to finish the grind. Thanks

On 10/12/2018 at 11:28 AM, olivetheturtle said:

Finally finished! Couldn’t have done it without this boosting guide and all the replies. My only tip is don’t save Juggernaut til your last map, trying to get kills on LA Skyline with a semi was ridiculous.

My 30 day, 10 map, 10 mode, and 50 kills trophies all did not pop on time. Despite what some other people said, a single player getting kicked from the game voided all those from counting towards ranked, even though they showed in your stats. Luckily, I had written down which maps and modes this had happened on and it popped exactly when I replayed them. Unfortunately I had to redo the 30 days, popped after 58 games going in and out. I highly recommend using a Google spreadsheet because it keeps all the edit history and I was able to go back and look at what car I was on when it glitched and get the kills. Best of luck to everyone! 

When u did the 30 days again to pop on day 58, did u redo the dates or start on a brand new month or just continue where u were or did u back up your original save & do it on a brand new mp only save?  

Have the same issue, 10 wins on each map, 10 wins on each mode & 100 kills per missile trophies aren't popping. I only added +1 to my stats when I was hosting & had no issues with the game. Like 40 kills from popping the 50 kills per vehicle atm but not having hopes for this. 

Currently on day 67, over 115 missile kills for each type, 15 wins per map and mode & nothing popped other than the lvl 30 trophy has popped... always redid days where lobby crashed.

Edit: Got the 30 days trophy to pop on day 68, when I got my last car's 50th kill; sadly the kill 50 w/every vehicle trophy didn't pop

Edited by oOMementoMoriOo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, oOMementoMoriOo said:

When u did the 30 days again to pop on day 58, did u redo the dates or start on a brand new month or just continue where u were or did u back up your original save & do it on a brand new mp only save?  

Have the same issue, 10 wins on each map, 10 wins on each mode & 100 kills per missile trophies aren't popping. I only added +1 to my stats when I was hosting & had no issues with the game. Like 40 kills from popping the 50 kills per vehicle atm but not having hopes for this. 

Currently on day 67, over 115 missile kills for each type, 15 wins per map and mode & nothing popped other than the lvl 30 trophy has popped... always redid days where lobby crashed.

Edit: Got the 30 days trophy to pop on day 68, when I got my last car's 50th kill; sadly the kill 50 w/every vehicle trophy didn't pop

I had just kept going with the old dates. I started January 9 and it popped in mid-March. Didn’t do anything with my save. I see yours popped, so congrats! I remember seeing your lobby every time I was making mine. For 50 kills, did you have any instances when other players disconnected? It will count towards your stats, but as unranked so it doesn’t count towards your trophy. I wish I could be of more help, but I would just focus on the cars that you were playing as when you weren’t hosting. Mine was Vermin and it popped at 53 kills.

Edited by olivetheturtle
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

Has anyone done all the online with the physical version of the game? Is it preferable to do it with the digital edition or does it not matter?

I also did mine with the physical copy, no issues apart from a few time when it took ages to connect.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 6:43 AM, olivetheturtle said:

I had just kept going with the old dates. I started January 9 and it popped in mid-March. Didn’t do anything with my save. I see yours popped, so congrats! I remember seeing your lobby every time I was making mine. For 50 kills, did you have any instances when other players disconnected? It will count towards your stats, but as unranked so it doesn’t count towards your trophy. I wish I could be of more help, but I would just focus on the cars that you were playing as when you weren’t hosting. Mine was Vermin and it popped at 53 kills.

Not that I'm aware of but that's probably what happened, I finally got A La Mode after replaying a bunch, my 10th Nuke win apparently wasn't registering and wasted time on TDM to get 38 wins lol. Unfortunately I didn't keep track of what I was playing while I was not hosting is the problem, but I rarely did any kills, so weird. I finally got Another Level to pop as well... now I'm just missing the car & missile kills, which I'm way over the minimum atm...

On 10/16/2018 at 10:29 PM, B1rvine said:

Did you change from the physical to digital version at any point? That will void prior progress, even though it saves in your stats.

Nope, been on physical disc the whole time. Basically this is my problem: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/twisted-metal/241766-whoever-looking-4-infamous-glitched-trophies.html

Managed to get the maps & modes trophies to pop the last 2 days so far after struggling until day 68 for the 30 day trophy to finally pop

ATM: missiles r at 187, 183, 170, 186, 177

car kills r at 74, 74, 75, 70, 67, 75, 68, 66, 84, 73, 95, 71, 67, 87, 71, 82

and still nothing, been the only one hosting the last couple of days...

guess i'm gonna have to make them 200 missile kills and 100 kills per car at this rate

Edit: 

Mine FINALLY all popped, if anyone has glitched trophies, u r gonna have to do literally 2x what the required minimum is coz u don't know what's missing.

What I needed for my glitched trophies to pop: 

Swarmer 198
Stalker 189
Power 199
Homing 210
Fire 204 - trophy popped midround

DM 18
LMS 14
Hunted 16
TDM 38 - this was probably overkill lol
TLM 10 
TH 17
Nuke 11 - trophy popped on scoresceen, this was probably all I was missing w/out having to do all those extra TDM wins

Diesel 14
Watkyn 13
Diablo 13
Metro 16
Black 12
Sunsprings 12 - trophy popped on scorescreen
Thrills 15
LA 11

Death 143
Roadkill 103
Kami 123
Outlaw 117 - trophy popped midround