Time Consuming Games

REAPER4536

White Knight Chronicles I & White Knight Chronicles II
#1 taking 600+ Hours to platinum

#2 taking 500+ Hours to platinum when there was servers online. Now it takes 1000+ Hours to platinum offline.
However I am pretty sure the WKC 1 save file after beating the story can be used on WKC 2; saving like 40 hours lol
Good luck :)

Edited by DisturbedIsMe

The most time consuming games are easily the Earth Defense Force games.. They're hands down the kings of grindy platinum trophies.. I'd also say Friday the 13th and The Binding Of Isaac (If you start on Afterbirth+) are definitely up there among the most grindy also.

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Toukiden The Age of Demons, Final Fantasy XIV, and Crypt of the NecroDancer haven't been mentioned yet.

To be fair Necrodancer isn't too grindy, it's actually a pretty short game.. it's just stupidly hard xD 

On 10/10/2018 at 5:21 AM, SpaceCoresDad said:

You say this but don't mention MK9? You need even more Respect points in that one, and it requires you to play each character bare minimum 24 hours. Yeah, you can just leave your PS3 on overnight, but that's almost dangerous.

Yes, I definitely agree that MK9 takes much longer to plat, and can easily drain the life out of your PS3. I didn't mention it because depending on what the OP has available to them in terms of systems, the plat could be considered unobtainable to those just starting out. AFAIK, the servers for the Vita version have been shut down, for example. But for those who have all of the online trophies, then yes, this game is a beast to finish. 

On 10/7/2018 at 6:36 AM, InfinateEternity said:

It may not seem like it, but if you like puzzle games, Fill-A-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure is taking me much longer than anticipated. The trophy list looks (and is) simple at first glance, but if you do the puzzles legit, most of the puzzles take from 30 minutes up to 3-4 hours per puzzle. With 100 puzzles spread across 10 "countries," it could easily take someone over 100 hours to finish. I've put in at least 40 and am not even halfway done with the actual puzzles, even though I'm sitting at 80% + trophy completion. Plus, it's on both the Vita and PS4 (has separate trophy lists). It's cross-buy, so for $7.99 on the US PSN Store (it's available in the EU, too), you get access to both, which would most certainly push you over the time limit you want. 

I was doing puzzles half legit - using the bigger square and no errors. It was not fun. I gave up and cheated on the last two-ish maps.

On PS4 I guess I'll just do it with single squares whenever I feel like it, but that won't be for a long time. I'm super disappointed in this game since I enjoyed the other one so much (pic a pix).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say Fallout 3 (at least, from my own personal experience so far). I'm about 45 hours in so far and I still have a good amount of content to go. This is with the Ultimate Edition, as all of the DLC tacks on much more time (which has been time well-spent).

Definitely not as long as some of the other 100+ hour games people are posting, but I'd say it'll take me roughly 70+ hours to 100%. Great game once you get past the initial few hours as well.

55 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

I'd say Fallout 3 (at least, from my own personal experience so far). I'm about 45 hours in so far and I still have a good amount of content to go. This is with the Ultimate Edition, as all of the DLC tacks on much more time (which has been time well-spent).

Definitely not as long as some of the other 100+ hour games people are posting, but I'd say it'll take me roughly 70+ hours to 100%. Great game once you get past the initial few hours as well.

Fallout 3 isn't that long (I think Skyrim might take longer), but what makes that 100% aggravating is that as the save files get bigger, the game grows more and more unstable, lower framerate (some DLC areas are downright unplayable), more crashes, so it's pretty annoying. Still, probably my longest platinum.

I usually don't go for the 100% in games that are way over 100-150 hours, my longest platinums were so far the Souls games, averaging around 80, the first Nier, and Resident Evil: Revelations. Maybe I'll have longer ones, but I like to spread these out for years.

Edited by fbdbh

FFX, Mind Zero, Lets Fish Hooked On, Injustice, Silent Hill Book of Memories, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment, Valkyrie Drive Bhikunni, DBZ Battle of Z, WRC 4, Killzone Mercenary (Online servers shutting down soon), Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, Deception IV Blood Ties

All of these games are quite grindy so prepare yourself if you want the platinum

Edited by ex10097