Time Consuming Games

REAPER4536

I would like to know the most time consuming games in terms of grindiness or just a huge story for 100% Titles, Platinums and of course DLC.

An example for DLC would be BFH 40,000 Multiplayer kills and imo. Star Trek Online has a huge story and the dlc + Colectibles r grindy too but what about other games? I wanna talk about 100-200h+ games so grindfest Gauntlet is not involved.

• Like 1

Friday the 13th is a really boring grind taking around the 200 hour mark or more. 

Silver lining though, once you get the plat you can get the other EU / NA version and watch all those horrible trophies that take months auto pop as soon as you play one match as Jason, kill one person, repair one boat etc. Very nice to watch all those trophies rain down and get something back for your time and trouble lol.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

I would like to know the most time consuming games in terms of grindiness or just a huge story for 100% Titles, Platinums and of course DLC.

An example for DLC would be BFH 40,000 Multiplayer kills and imo. Star Trek Online has a huge story and the dlc + Colectibles r grindy too but what about other games? I wanna talk about 100-200h+ games so grindfest Gauntlet is not involved.

Star Trek Online has two trophies about collecting lore, you can get one of each per character every 20 hours and can get repeated, which can be months with just the lore trophies.
In addition, one of the lore trophies needs materials and to get those materials you have to do specific missions.

Edited by Arin1979

55 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

If you're gonna mention BFH, might as well mention BO3 having one of the grindiest platinums of all the CODs. 

Will its almost the same as this topic

so am gonna wrote what i say before

my resent games with a lot of grinding as far as i remember are

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker

playing 1000 battle is more time consuming than i thought 

Monster Hunter: World

getting all the crowns will make you crazy the drop rate is so low

Toukiden series

all Toukiden games are the same collecting all the mitama will take a lot of time

It may not seem like it, but if you like puzzle games, Fill-A-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure is taking me much longer than anticipated. The trophy list looks (and is) simple at first glance, but if you do the puzzles legit, most of the puzzles take from 30 minutes up to 3-4 hours per puzzle. With 100 puzzles spread across 10 "countries," it could easily take someone over 100 hours to finish. I've put in at least 40 and am not even halfway done with the actual puzzles, even though I'm sitting at 80% + trophy completion. Plus, it's on both the Vita and PS4 (has separate trophy lists). It's cross-buy, so for $7.99 on the US PSN Store (it's available in the EU, too), you get access to both, which would most certainly push you over the time limit you want. 

If you like fighting games, Mortal Kombat X. You need to grind to the top level at least 4 times (1 per faction), plus get 1000 respect points online. It also has DLC. Dead or Alive 5 also takes a very long time given that you have to win over 1,000 matches online. Also, Dragon Ball FighterZ has a trophy that requires you to reach 530,000 Battle Points online (you can lose them with your losses after a certain point...) and a trophy that requires you to grind 20 million zeni (in-game currency). This last grind alone can take 200+ hours.

Edited by InfinateEternity
  • Like 2

Right now I am getting the platinum for Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain and it is really time consuming. S ranking all the missions and completing the mission tasks in some of them, developing 300 items that take time in game to develop, completing incredibly boring and repetitive side ops missions, getting all key items and blueprints, completing all the key dispatch missions which like the items take time to finish and finally constructing all the platforms on Mother Base and finding all the wild animals. 

• Like 1

Everything seems like a grind nowadays, no wonder I have so few complete games. I'll just throw some of them out there that are estimated over 100 hours (including DLC):

Not yet finished or still to start from my backlog

• Final Fantasy XIV
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours
  • Dark Souls Remastered
  • Dark Souls 3
  • Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
  • Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
  • Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends
  • Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair
  • Fallout 3
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Helldivers
  • Injustice 2
  • Mass Effect
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Nioh
  • Persona 5
  • Resonance of Fate
  • Super Meat Boy
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Done

• Friday the 13th
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
  • Borderlands 2
  • Super Street Fighter 4
  • Uncharted 2
  • Uncharted 3
  • Red Dead Redemption

There are others that probably took over 100 hours, for instance Metal Gear 2, 4, Peace Walker and Revengeance, Skyim, Batman: Arkham City, Wipeout HD.

Plenty out there to keep you entertained to begin with and bored by the end of it.

On 10/7/2018 at 7:36 AM, InfinateEternity said:

If you like fighting games, Mortal Kombat X.

You say this but don't mention MK9? You need even more Respect points in that one, and it requires you to play each character bare minimum 24 hours. Yeah, you can just leave your PS3 on overnight, but that's almost dangerous.

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

400 :o Yeah if you are like super gamer that has everything going right for you.

That's why I said at least. But you're right, most people need a lot more time for the plat.

@Milktastrophe forgot about that game. I read more than once that WKC takes far more time than Star Ocean 4 (around 1000 hours)

1 hour ago, Kurorac said:

That's why I said at least. But you're right, most people need a lot more time for the plat.

@Milktastrophe forgot about that game. I read more than once that WKC takes far more time than Star Ocean 4 (around 1000 hours)

Yeah WKC is crazy even when the online was up. Now that it is down it would be sheer madness to start it fresh :o

Also SO4 is really a good game and it probably takes 500-600 hours to plat. I took long but I screwed up my playthroughs quite badly.