AJ Styles' Million Dollar-Tower

Benjiunkix

Just close application as soon as you lose via timeout/pin/submission or you think you are going to lose and restart the game, go back to towers and you will be right at the match u lost

I am not sure but do it asap in case 2K patches it, which they rarely do to be honest but since there is a million dollar on the line as well they might fix it for once

Only matches that will trouble you are submission matches so what I did was use limb targetting system (after grappling press R1 + X) and targetted the opponents legs (Samoa Joe, Roman Reigns, John Cena & Brock Lesnar)  and once the legs health is red, just hit them with a finisher to be safe after baiting out their reversals and hit the signature (Calf Crusher Submission) to make them tap out

If the submission mini game is troubling you, maybe try the button smashing option they re added this year

Goodluck :)

• Like 1

I can't do it! I've damage the legs of Samoa Joe to grey. 4 times Calf Crusher I made. However, he always comes out anyway. Very frustrated. Because I want so badly the trophy. I would like to have the platinum-trophy of this game, because I am a huge fan of WWE. 

But I can't get the platinum-trophy without this million tower-trophy. ☹️

I wish someone could play this for me and I really would pay for that.

- $ 100 PSN Card from your country (you can then buy or pre-order the big ps4-game) and I mention you as thanks on my profile description on PS4.

If you want to have my deal, write me on PS4 or e-mail me [email protected]

I'm really serious, seriously.

37 minutes ago, Benjiunkix said:

I can't do it! I've damage the legs of Samoa Joe to grey. 4 times Calf Crusher I made. However, he always comes out anyway. Very frustrated. Because I want so badly the trophy. I would like to have the platinum-trophy of this game, because I am a huge fan of WWE. 

But I can't get the platinum-trophy without this million tower-trophy. 2639.png

- $ 100 PSN Card from your country (you can then buy or pre-order the big ps4-game) and I mention you as thanks on my profile description on PS4.

switch submission mini game to button prompts. not the circle wheel.

Was always getting stuck on the submission matches too, but finally managed to button mash, or rather smash, as if my life was on stake xD
Tried pendulum too, but nothing seemed to work, Samoa always used to overpower me xD
nd then after getting the button mash successfully once, didn't struggle with the later submission matches xD
Honestly, even used submissions on few PIN/SUBMIT matches to win too.
All I can say is, button smash with both thumbs as if ur fingers are vibrating at a supersonic speed.
first button with right thumb, then next one with left, then back to right and so on, so ur thumbs could rest as well.
Note : The more force u use, the slower u shall be,
rather tap the buttons gently, yet superfast.

5 hours ago, suicidal23psycho said:

Was always getting stuck on the submission matches too, but finally managed to button mash, or rather smash, as if my life was on stake xD
Tried pendulum too, but nothing seemed to work, Samoa always used to overpower me xD
nd then after getting the button mash successfully once, didn't struggle with the later submission matches xD
Honestly, even used submissions on few PIN/SUBMIT matches to win too.
All I can say is, button smash with both thumbs as if ur fingers are vibrating at a supersonic speed.
first button with right thumb, then next one with left, then back to right and so on, so ur thumbs could rest as well.
Note : The more force u use, the slower u shall be,
rather tap the buttons gently, yet superfast.

I hate the submissions in this game. Everytime I get them close to tapping out, the damn meter starts swinging their way.

21 hours ago, Benjiunkix said:

You can see purple legs then use calf crusher signatures.

Options>Gameplay>Submission Mini Game> Square/Triangle/Circle/Cross.

Edited by Tigerz_bone_21

On 12.10.2018 at 3:22 AM, Benjiunkix said:

EDIT: got the trophy. :)

Thank you so much @tlal_q8_22

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Have they upped the difficulty for this or something? I saw earlier videos where Bobby Roode only had a yellow head and/or body and would get pinned, yet I have had his head and body in the red several times, with multiple finishers, and he STILL kicks out at 2. There was even one match where he got busted open so badly the ref sorta stopped the match to check on him before we continued, and he still managed to kick out.

I doubt I will ever get this trophy eh!

When going for the match winning submission make sure your stamina bar is full, that enables you to have a greater hold on your opponent. 

Also, I never used the calf crusher because the majority of aj's powerful/damaging moves are to the head. Try to get rid of the AI's reversals by grounding them with Pele kick and then stomping his head/torso. Do both his front facing signature and finisher. Wait for stamina to replenish and then don't press O instead hold X by his side when he is grounded. This does a facelock and is much easier to submit to. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hope this video helps someone, but I just want to add some additional notes. Be careful at opponents number 5 (Luke Gallows), 9 (The Undertaker) and 14 (Brock Lesnar) because they're annoying at their first health bar (they're super heavyweight if not mistaken). When doing the arm drag (run and hold :cross:), immediately hit them with the running attack (run and hold :square:) to regain some stamina and repeat. Also at submission matches work on legs by holding :square: when AJ looking at his opponent's legs when they're down (I stopped doing that because of panicking and having low time to building stamina and connecting Calf Crusher at John Cena and Brock Lesnar). Calf Crusher is the best if you work on the legs but make sure your opponent is looking at the ropes. Because AJ will spin his opponent, you might get Rope Break if not facing at the right way. Also have Button Mashing instead of Pendulum Method.

My attempt for Million Dollar Tower: 

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
Arm Drag input
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm dreading the AJ Styles Tower although haven't really had a stab at it yet. Did the guy a few posts above get it by someone else doing it for him on SharePlay? If there's anyone amazing at the game in the UK, help would be appreciated. I really hope we don't have anything like this in WWE2K20.

Edited by LambzGoHard

On 24.04.2019 at 3:43 PM, LambzGoHard said:

I'm dreading the AJ Styles Tower although haven't really had a stab at it yet. Did the guy a few posts above get it by someone else doing it for him on SharePlay? If there's anyone amazing at the game in the UK, help would be appreciated. I really hope we don't have anything like this in WWE2K20.

I think it'll be special only for WWE 2K19 and yes share play is possible but it won't give you that satisfaction comparing to when you beat it yourself. I think you can cheese the tower and have minimum problems and both of you need a stable & good connection. I would suggest try yourself first, if no luck then ask for someone else to share play.

(Note: If ChrisDenker, nL live and even I were able to beat it, you can beat this too. Just try hard and never give up :) . You can also read the trophy guide that Kenji wrote, he really made a great job of demonstrating every single match)

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
Additional notes
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've made it to stone cold Steve Austin that's #12 couldn't pin him always counter my finishing moves I got his body to purple and he still kicked out wasn't thinking about the submission move and time ran out and now when I make it to Roman Reigns #7 I be out of energy and then I can't make him tap 10 minutes is to short 20 minutes is better they should take out 2 of the submissions matches and put a tables and ladders matches

• 2 months later...
On 05/03/2019 at 8:05 AM, XxIsa-GxX said:

Hope this video helps someone, but I just want to add some additional notes. Be careful at opponents number 5 (Luke Gallows), 9 (The Undertaker) and 14 (Brock Lesnar) because they're annoying at their first health bar (they're super heavyweight if not mistaken). When doing the arm drag (run and hold :cross:), immediately hit them with the running attack (run and hold :square:) to regain some stamina and repeat. Also at submission matches work on legs by holding :square: when AJ looking at his opponent's legs when they're down (I stopped doing that because of panicking and having low time to building stamina and connecting Calf Crusher at John Cena and Brock Lesnar). Calf Crusher is the best if you work on the legs but make sure your opponent is looking at the ropes. Because AJ will spin his opponent, you might get Rope Break if not facing at the right way. Also have Button Mashing instead of Pendulum Method.

My attempt for Million Dollar Tower:

I wanted to thank you for your post and video. I managed to complete the tower on my first try after watching your video and reading your post. Before that, I couldn't even beat Samoa Joe.

Only match I was worried of losing was against Brock Lesnar due to the Steel Cage not allowing me to exit the ring if he was about to use his Finishers. Also the short timer, I managed to make him tap when there only 1 minute left.

Edited by HiryuMK
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HiryuMK said:

I wanted to thank you for your post and video. I managed to complete the tower on my first try after watching your video and reading your post. Before that, I couldn't even beat Samoa Joe.

Only match I was worried of losing was against Brock Lesnar due to the Steel Cage not allowing me to exit the ring if he was about to use his Finishers. Also the short timer, I managed to make him tap when there only 1 minute left.

No problem mate. Congrats and welcome to Phenomenal Club :)