PSN Online ID Change feature enters PlayStation Preview Program soon

HusKy

Does no one have the ability to read?

The first name change is free of charge. Only additonal name changes cost money. And obviously it wont affect trophies and your digital library sicne you can always go back to your old name which means that old name is the id in their database(which is a big nono) and you will always have access to it.

That certain games will throw problems is probably somethiong more alike to your account cant be found or the wrong name will be displayed sicne those games arent patched to use the new system.

• Like 1

I don't really see the concern with changing the name for griefing.  Enough times, I'm sure someone would end up getting banned by Sony.  It's not like they can't create a new PSN ID as it stands anyway.  If griefing is the only concern, then I'm sure it will be dealt with.  It's no reason to stop a feature that tons of people have been requesting.  It's a staple feature in most other networks.  And not only that, you can change your name in real life.  And really, if someone wants to keep spending 10 bucks and get banned over it, that would be their own fault for doing something intentionally malicious.

I get the worries, but this is something places have had to deal with before.  I also agree with what @ERGOPROXY-DECAY said in another thread.  If it doesn't effect you beyond minor inconveniences and solvable problems, why put a stop on it?  It was honestly surprising so many people were against it simply because "you made your bed" beyond the griefing argument.  I just say let people do what they need to do and if problems arise from it, figure it out along the way.

I remember even seeing someone transgendered praising this because it saddened them every time they logged in because they had to see their deadname.

Hell, people change their names on here all the time and most of the time I end up bumping into them later and it's like "HEYYYYYY".  You could even add all your friends to a message group and be like "hey, I'm changing x to y."

Also, I'm not sure you'd end up losing your digital library or even your trophies.  If that were the case, no one would do it and it would be pointless.  Sony has shown they are able to transfer digital purchases to a new account and some people have even reported that their trophies reappeared after a period of time.  I don't think it's impossible.  The issue might just be with online capable games.

Edited by Temmie
  • Like 1