Help big Boar farts poison

SuzyRed

Dear God, there's more than one big boar!? I found one in the northern part of the map, but had to stop fighting it since it kept calling its bitches because FML. Playing on Nightmare doesn't help either. Trying to reach level 5 spear (only 3 more cultists to kill to acquire it) to allow me to upgrade abilities to rank 3.

49 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

Dear God, there's more than one big boar!? I found one in the northern part of the map, but had to stop fighting it since it kept calling its bitches because FML. Playing on Nightmare doesn't help either. Trying to reach level 5 spear (only 3 more cultists to kill to acquire it) to allow me to upgrade abilities to rank 3.

If you don't know this, they are part of the Daughters Of Artemis questline, which you can start a minute or two east from the boar that you've found. Most have a pretty high level, you can comfortably do them all around lvl 40 or so.

I've found the second wind and chaos ring abilities to be amazing, and I'm also using poison and the spartan kick, and out of combat I'm using the predator shot.

For that boar that you've found, if you KO the smaller boars instead of killing them (like with spartan kick), there won't be an additional calling. But again, once you overlevel a bit that boar is not too bad.

Oh yes, this boar... it was a pain to beat, took me two tries to beat.  Having the ability to cure yourself, possibly either tier 2 or 3 as well, so you don't have to wait as long, or it heals you more (not sure if the cooldown is reduced on it) will help.  Just be mindful, and when it farts the poison, just roll away and keep your distance for a little bit.  Just play it safe is all you can really do with this one.  Only one I had real problems with was this one, the others weren't as bad.

Make sure you've got the second wind ability and it's maxed out. The rush ability is also helpful.

Attack him until he rushes you and lands on his side then jump back a few times to avoid the poison. Let him come to you and keep attacking him as before. That's how I killed him.

If you wear the Greek heros full armour set it gives u a 20% resistance to all. It really helps I barely even noticed I was being poisoned and if u has the Eros bow and exploding arrows that helps with pretty much all enemies even the world bosses not much stands against explosion damages and u can pot shot from distance aswell

lol yeah I guess the topic is strange if you have not get to that part in the game. Thanks for the tips. I have to get good at jumping out of the way. I have second wind up to level 3 now not sure about the other stuff. I will check tonight. I am at level 49 now so I will go back and try it again. I was shooting arrows but he moves so fast at you that I don't have time to shoot. I have all the arrow types. So fire or poison work? A friend at school told me arrows don't work fighting them?

Oh and my spear is level 5 now

Edited by SuzyRed

5 hours ago, fjyingturk said:

Interesting.. what can the other animals do?

Nothing out of the ordinary.

34 minutes ago, SuzyRed said:

lol yeah I guess the topic is strange if you have not get to that part in the game. Thanks for the tips. I have to get good at jumping out of the way. I have second wind up to level 3 now not sure about the other stuff. I will check tonight. I am at level 49 now so I will go back and try it again. I was shooting arrows but he moves so fast at you that I don't have time to shoot. I have all the arrow types. So fire or poison work? A friend at school told me arrows don't work fighting them?

Arrows are slightly helpful, just lining up the shot sucks. So if you want to shoot them at him then you'll have to put some distance between you and him, best bet is after he's lunged at you and farted poison. Since it takes him a little time to get back up.

Can't say whether fire or poison arrows work because I didn't use them.

3 hours ago, SuzyRed said:

You don’t have to try and line up a shot. If you lock on to it, you can do a quick release shot it won’t do much damage but it works. As far as the arrows, explosive arrows are better, set it up on fire and most of the time interrupts it from using his fart attack (you’ll know when it is about to use the fart attack when it growls). Best strategy is to attack it close range while dogding its ram. See vid below:

since your at level 49, you will overpower it.

On 2018-10-20 at 3:43 AM, SuzyRed said:

I did it :).  Thanks everybody for the help and tips. I used the spear that lets you breath underwater. It is level 50.

Also slayed the beast today, got mighty powerful daggers ?

I need that spear btw, wanna breath under water ?