How many needed to boost?

Hvalpen

1 hour ago, Hvalpen said:

Four players with two consoles each ? Or just four in total. So two people with two consoles ?

Yeah you could do 2 consoles each, renting a server allows 4 minimum.

If you’re planning to just do private matches you should be fine but I don’t think there’s a way to do private ranked matches. I couldn’t figure it out when I was renting anyway, had to deal with a lot of angry randoms. 

Edited by Charizarzar

6 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

Yeah you could do 2 consoles each, renting a server allows 4 minimum.

If you’re planning to just do private matches you should be fine but I don’t think there’s a way to do private ranked matches. I couldn’t figure it out when I was renting anyway, had to deal with a lot of angry randoms. 

The mvp has to be in ranked thou right ? Seems impossible then

6 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

The mvp has to be in ranked thou right ? Seems impossible then

Yeah. I tried to make it clear in the name/description that it was a friends only thing but people kept coming in anyway and we were constantly having to ban people. Just keep your messages private while you’re boosting lol.

13 minutes ago, cardionic said:

Having just recently boosted this with 2 people / 4 consoles, I can say you can safely boost 99% of the online stuff except the “squad wipe ribbon” which requires 5 people, 4 in one team and 1 in the other. Good luck

Any tip for quickly getting max rank this way ?

Put two guys close together, put C4 next to them and let 1 guy use a stationary RPG. There's plenty of XP and no cap for getting xp. I did this a year ago this way. 2 hours for me until lv max (starting low level, i had done all ribbons before)...

And like said before you need 4 people (2 consoles x 2 guys) and while i did all stuff on a private server in public match you can kick and ban people so just throw them out if someone joins

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Put two guys close together, put C4 next to them and let 1 guy use a stationary RPG. There's plenty of XP and no cap for getting xp. I did this a year ago this way. 2 hours for me until lv max (starting low level, i had done all ribbons before)...

And like said before you need 4 people (2 consoles x 2 guys) and while i did all stuff on a private server in public match you can kick and ban people so just throw them out if someone joins

Can you get the mvp trophy through private server with four people ?

8 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

This is about right, however I disagree about the no cap xp because there is indeed a soft cap of xp per minute. The first few kills you get about 600 xp per kill, if you kill fast enough you will be awarded no more than 150 xp,  so its better to kill a bit slowly and always keep getting 600 xp.

• 2 months later...

If anyone still has some questions for it, I rented a server some time ago and this might clarify things :

- you can rent a server, but it cannot be a private match. It has to be a ranked / public match. 
- You cannot stop people from joining your server, HOWEVER, you can easily ban / kick them. There is a limit to the amount but I didn't reach it. 
- You need atleast 4 players to start a ranked match, including yourself

- The total time to boost all DLC to 100% took us about 20 hours. It also took a lot of coordination. 

Another tip from me, if you still need the base game MP trophies, start with the DLC trophies. Most of the base game ones will naturaly come while grinding for the DLC. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 14/05/2019 at 5:16 PM, NCSFan001 said:

So can the MVP trophies be boosted in a rented server?  And can everything be done with four consoles if I own that many?

Yes all MVP trophies can be done with 4 players on rented server. In fact you can do every trophy and dlc trophy with 4 players EXCEPT for one ribbon for decorated trophy. One ribbon will require 5 players. Every other ribbon can be done 4 players. The ribbon that requires 5 is squad wipe. And it requires you to kill an entire 4 man squad in quick succession twice in a round. 

• 5 months later...

@boromir120, @Mr_Skirra, @Charizarzar, @cardionic

well hello there, I pinged you because you seemed to have the best knowledge in this thread. I was boosting 2 weeks ago with our group, 7 of us in total, we bought a server for a day but we couldn't change the number of players to start the game on Gun Master or Domination Conquest for example. Did we miss something in the settings or what? We are boosting again in 2 days from now in a smaller group that day so I'd like to know how we can set up games for 4 players only.

6 hours ago, HaserPL said:

@boromir120, @Mr_Skirra, @Charizarzar, @cardionic

well hello there, I pinged you because you seemed to have the best knowledge in this thread. I was boosting 2 weeks ago with our group, 7 of us in total, we bought a server for a day but we couldn't change the number of players to start the game on Gun Master or Domination Conquest for example. Did we miss something in the settings or what? We are boosting again in 2 days from now in a smaller group that day so I'd like to know how we can set up games for 4 players only.

Sorry, no help reply alert. ? I really can’t remember now, sorry, other than remembering the settings were confusing. It was a large group though so I probably didn’t ever try lowering the number.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

Sorry, no help reply alert. 1f6a8.png I really can’t remember now, sorry, other than remembering the settings were confusing. It was a large group though so I probably didn’t ever try lowering the number.

that's okay, thank you anyways ;)

• Like 1