Easiest 70 Gold Medals

NaseemJohn

Can anyone confirm that everyone who plays these missions with the replay option has 3 Snake Oils in their inventory during the missions? As I'm thinking that was part of the Outlaw Survival Kit content, considering that it provides some survival equipment and having that installed likely makes the game think you kept the kit. A bunch of people have been asking in this thread if doing the missions with the replay option is doable and yes it is, I did 99% of my gold medals with a replay. The trophy is very doable, 70/107 missions gives you a lot of leeway for golds. You also end up getting used to what you have to do, as around 80% of those golds have a requirement of 70-90% accuracy, 5-20 headshots and they don't allow you to use any health items. The most frustrating thing about the missions in my opinion wasn't the requirements, it was the fact that a lot of missions have long horse riding sequences that you have to play through before the actual shooting happens, while the horse riding was good for the conversations characters had in my first run of missions, it got annoying to have to re-do that part of a mission over missing something out in a run for the gold medal. I still think it's quite shitty how your character is at level 3 and you get a garbage horse with the replay option, but I preferred doing the missions with a replay over re-doing every mission on the game with the "New Game" option. 

5 hours ago, Alex_R-13 said:

Is "Enter, Pursued By a Memory" bugged? I tried a few times with 80%+ accuracy but never get the checkmark for it.

I also had 100% accuracy without taking any damage during a run of the mission, but still failed to get the "Kill all wolves without taking damage" requirement done in the mission. What I noticed is that if I used the pistol on the first 3 wolves, one of them ran away after I killed the other two, maybe you have to kill all the wolves without one of them running away. I did decide to not do that mission as there were plenty of golds that were less stressful than it. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

A little tip for "Home Improvement For Beginners" if you are struggling with it: DON'T skip the curscene(s)

I tried over and over and I always was faster than 18 seconds (which is pretty easy) but it never counted. I found this tip on youtube and it worked the first time. The 70 medals is the last single player trophy I need but I will wait and see what the first patch will bring. after reaching 100% I'm too burned out for buggy nonsense like this :P 

6 hours ago, Sergen said:

I also had 100% accuracy without taking any damage during a run of the mission, but still failed to get the "Kill all wolves without taking damage" requirement done in the mission. What I noticed is that if I used the pistol on the first 3 wolves, one of them ran away after I killed the other two, maybe you have to kill all the wolves without one of them running away. I did decide to not do that mission as there were plenty of golds that were less stressful than it. 

Yup, I know. You have to kill all wolves for the first requirement. But I made 9 shots, 8 were a hit which is a 88% accuracy. I still think it's bugged and you actually need 100%, haven't tried it again tho because I got annoyed of that 10 minute walk until you even get to the wolves.

Honestly, I think this trophy will be the reason for me to not go for platinum (in addition to me not being an online player and being a little afraid of the online trophies). I'm pretty sure that I'd manage to get gold in replay, but not without redoing most quests. And as mentioned above, the horse riding in between the actual requirements is just a pain in the butt. Can't really understand why Rockstar didn't make an option for skipping these. It would just consume SO much time to replay a lot of reaaaaaly boring horse riding (now that I know the story behind it). Unless there'll be dead proof guides for missions in the future, I guess I'll quit out here.

2 hours ago, Alex_R-13 said:

Yup, I know. You have to kill all wolves for the first requirement. But I made 9 shots, 8 were a hit which is a 88% accuracy. I still think it's bugged and you actually need 100%, haven't tried it again tho because I got annoyed of that 10 minute walk until you even get to the wolves.

That one took me several retries from the start and most of the time I had issues with the accuracy as well, the last time I did it was that I probably didn't miss a shot and you have to kill all the wolves. In replay I don't get the bonus tonics even tho I have the pre-order bonus kit or does it only works when you completed the game? Which makes replaying some missions hardly possible. Good thing I just saved before each mission and did all the ones that were harder to do in replay of course. On most missions I have like 3/4 or 4/5 of the objectives as with some I didn't bother to replay/reload save. So far I have "4" in Ch1, "15" Ch2, "16" Ch 3, "8" Ch4, "3" Ch5, "12" Ch 6, EP1 "6" and about "3" in EP2 gold, with 5 missions to go. So I should just get it at the end of the game probably without much effort. Still have plenty of easy missions to replay should I really miss one, get the gold medals on pretty much the harder levels except for the ones in Ch1 which I almost had but didn't bother much with it.

9 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Any reason why my challenges reset to 0/90 (temporarily???) While doing replays?

Had that too with the survivalist set. Was normal again after restarting.

Can it be that when you restart from a checkpoint all your shots from previous tries count as misses? Every time I play a mission and I restart at some point I never get the accuracy requirement althought I always had better accuracy in the final try.

Edited by Alex_R-13

53 minutes ago, Alex_R-13 said:

Had that too with the survivalist set. Was normal again after restarting.

Can it be that when you restart from a checkpoint all your shots from previous tries count as misses? Every time I play a mission and I restart at some point I never get the accuracy requirement althought I always had better accuracy in the final try.

Yeah I think I read somewhere that the HP and ACC requirements fail on retries

11 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Is there any reason to why deadeye does auto markings during replay? Hard to mark headshots when it auto targets all body parts if you sweep a person... I'm not sure if this is supposed to be like this or if my R1 is broken suddenly

Stock arthur and no level ups for health, stamina and dead eye. You unlock own marking with R1 in a higher dead eye level

On 15/11/2018 at 3:15 AM, Sergen said:

Can anyone confirm that everyone who plays these missions with the replay option has 3 Snake Oils in their inventory during the missions? As I'm thinking that was part of the Outlaw Survival Kit content, considering that it provides some survival equipment and having that installed likely makes the game think you kept the kit.

Which version of the game did you get? When I replay, the only items I get are health tonics. I even bought and installed the physical edition's preorder bonus, which should include the Outlaw Survival Kit.

4 minutes ago, Yoey_666 said:

So there is a Trophy and 100% Walkthrough on PSNP now. They say that we do not have to get all gold requirements in one run.can anyone confirm this to me?

Until now I thought I have to do everything in one run.

It's wrong. Every requirement must be done in a single attempt.

5 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Which version of the game did you get? When I replay, the only items I get are health tonics. I even bought and installed the physical edition's preorder bonus, which should include the Outlaw Survival Kit.

It's wrong. Every requirement must be done in a single attempt.

I have the special edition, but I've not really looked into what that includes in regards to bonuses you get for your character. 

Hm, a guide online here on psnprofiles that says you do not need to obtain all objectives in a single run? This is absolutely wrong. Or have i missed an update? Last time i played was yesterday and i definitely had to replay a mission 8 times to get my fucking 58th. gold medal ? 12 more to go. I'm so done with this gold bullshit -.- 

Awesome game but this was so stupid.

Edited by NathanDarko

Do you guys have stock weapons or can use your own ?

I started to go for medals today and I have stock arthur and horse. So far so good.

But I also have all my weapons for example I started a chapter 3 mission and had the option to choose between 8 rifles in chapter 6 I had the option between 11.

Those are definitely my upgraded weapons cause I recognize them by the design I gave them.

I have the special edition as well but don't have any snake oils.

1 hour ago, KingTom95 said:

Do you guys have stock weapons or can use your own ?

I started to go for medals today and I have stock arthur and horse. So far so good.

But I also have all my weapons for example I started a chapter 3 mission and had the option to choose between 8 rifles in chapter 6 I had the option between 11.

Those are definitely my upgraded weapons cause I recognize them by the design I gave them.

I have the special edition as well but don't have any snake oils.

I have my weapons too but these make zero difference compared to stock health etc. and the stock horse

My gold log so far on replays. Doing it all from chapter 1 and moving up, I do have some golds in other chapters from normal play

Chapter 1:

3/4 easy (didn't do wolf)

Chapter 2:

15/16 easy (didn't do Pouring Fourth Oil 4 yet, hard?)

1 yellow (sheep herder)

Chapter 3:

3/9 easy 

So far it has been pretty ok with stock Arthur and stock horse, some missions required many tries

Total golds: 29/70

Edited by Erkawest

Just got the Gold rush trophy via re-play mission mode. I gotta say it’s possible but it’s much much harder than New Game Route with upgraded gears.

Some missions are straight impossible so leave them be.

For timed missions with a horse don't empty his/her stamina core, wait for a bit and let it regenerate for a bit then continue. 

Also don't follow the roads as much as you can, Try to take shortcuts through the jungles if possible to save some time.

Deadeye is very very very limited so use it carefully. Aim for the head and Activate the Deadeye, pop a head manually then it will automatically turn off. 

Rinse and repeat for accuracy and headshot objectives.

Some of them are glitched like Sadie Adler, The Widow: Don't take damage in the barn objective is bugged; You should take no damage in whole mission. My point is don't bother with bugged missions too.

At last chapter 6 has the hardest missions just try to grind on earlier chapters.

This forum has a nice list of easy missions but I will say that again: Try to do it in your normal route instead of Mission Select, it's just a lot easier that way.

Have a good hunting

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Have you seen the spreadsheet on page 1?

Are there any missions there you would say are easier/harder in your opinion?

Well yes

Chapter 5 i found the grind usless and just bad. Missions have heavy on rail story driven sequences for the most part . I just got ( A fork in the road, Welcome to the new world and dear uncle Tacitus).

Chapter 6 later missions have extremely taxing objectives even when you are playing with the upgraded gears So grinding them especially with stock gears and long ass cinematic chit chat will make you insane. I got (Goodbye, dear friend, The bridge to nowhere, A rage unleashed, The course of true love V, Don't seek absolution 1 and 2 and honor among thieves).

Favored sons is possible but it's long and your dead eye is very limited. You need to score 35 headshots.

Mrs. Side Adler the widow is bugged for me and I couldn't get the ”No damage” objective.

The delights of van horn is possible but a bit hard with stock deadeye.

Archaeology for beginners is easy but it's long story driven moments will make some to skip it if you can't get it the first time.

Other than these I don't find others reasonable to grind with stock gears.

Epilogue part 2

Uncles bad day: this mission is fucked beyond repair, the game won't give you arrows to complete ”5 Headshot with bows”,

It might be my game but I restarted like 10 times and the only way to get arrows is to reset checkpoint which disables the accuracy objective.

An honest day labors: just leave this one be

A quick favor for an old friend and The toolbox are both possible but they are very scripted and long. If you have the will to reset and sit through long cinematics then objectives aren't hard.

I got gold on all missions in epilogue 1 and 2 other than those mentioned above.

Chapter 2:

Who is not without sins is purely impossible to get to the camp under the limit when playing In mission select mode. I tried so many times you just can't make it or I guess you need some sort of luck to finish in half a second before the the timer runs out.

An American patrol scene: The biggest problem is micah. He can kill guard way before you even have a chance to aim. If you are playing in the normal route mode having a bigger deadeye bar might solve the problem but in mission select, it's just luck based. Don't bother with this one. Got gold on all other missions in chapter 2.

Chapter 3: 

The new south: if you don't hate your life don't attempt this. Time is ultra tight and tthe knife fight is an abomination.

American distalliation is impossible in mission select with stock horse or you might get lucky with a dumb version of Dutch.

Leave Sodom? Back to Gomorrah and the fine joy of the tobacco: They have a wonky objective detector and they are long.

All other missions in chapter 3 can be done with some restarts.

Chapter 4 all of them are possible.

Just horsemen Apocalypses and Angelo Bronte, A man of honor are the hardest to tackle.

Sorry for long ass post with broken English, just wanted to help with some missions.

Edited by MrMike1377
  • Like 2

One thing i have to say is i had my Fully upgraded carabian reapter with my self in mission select mode.

I don't know how this mode works but I think you can bring some of your earlier upgraded guns with your self or maybe you can upgrade them in free roam and re-play missions with them.

If it's true then upgrade them as they become more consistent and accurate.

1 hour ago, MrMike1377 said:

Chapter 2:

Who is not without sins is purely impossible to get to the camp under the limit when playing In mission select mode. I tried so many times you just can't make it or I guess you need some sort of luck to finish in half a second before the the timer runs out.

Actually I did this earlier on replay with only 1 attempt. I'm not so sure why people say this is impossible as I basically followed the tracks/road and went through the trees in the end

"A strange kindness" was waaaay harder

Edited by Erkawest

I also have problems with "who is not without sins".

My biggest problem is that the game just don't let me connect/link my horse at the end. 

It always took 10-15 seconds before the game gives me the option, those seconds prevent me from getting gold.

I stopped the time everytime i couldn't do it because of 3-5 seconds.

Edited by KingTom95