Will you play a game that has no trophy support?

Wade_VC

Games without trophies  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Will you play a game that has no trophy support?

• Yes
    • No

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just finally got round to finishing MGS4 recently and i'm so glad I did. It's a shame that some people will miss out on what is arguably one of the best PS3 games out there just because it doesn't have trophies. I also have Siren Blood Curse on my "to play" pile :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

95% of the time I will only play games with trophy support (especially on the PS3).

I do pull out the old Guitar Hero games on PS2 and rock out once in a while but, that's usually only when I need to get my gaming fix and can't get to the primary TV.... You know, sharing with he wife and kids, haha.

For me, the trophies are motivation and keep me coming back every night. Prior to trophies, I would play for a few days/weeks and then take a break... Usually resulting in months of not gaming :(. The trophies keep me focused on specific goals/tasks and provide more overall game experience/enjoyment. I seriously can't explain the euphoric feeling I get when I earn that :platinum:

• Like 1

For me, the trophies are motivation and keep me coming back every night. Prior to trophies, I would play for a few days/weeks and then take a break... Usually resulting in months of not gaming :(. The trophies keep me focused on specific goals/tasks and provide more overall game experience/enjoyment. I seriously can't explain the euphoric feeling I get when I earn that :platinum:

Same for me and no explanation required.

• Like 1

Admittedly, I'm trying bolster my modest trophy collection, so most of my gaming energy is directed towards trophies. That said, I've been gaming my whole life, and trophies are fairly new in the grand scheme of things, so I'm not above playing a game for the joy of it.

Yes.

• Like 1

I used to like trophy system but unfortunately most of developers do not choose appropriate trophies(I guess they think of them 2 minutes till release)they are mostly time consuming rather than challenging.(for example killing 50 enemies is something every one will be able to do but killing 5 enemies in 10 seconds or else is the one to distinguish between gamers & amateur players.if trophies don't recognize the best players.what's its point?

my vote is yes & I even prefer games without trophies rather than games with stupid trophies.

yes. im actually playing final fantasy VIII on ps1 (the actual disc, not on psn) so i have to sit with a wired controller to play it, but i dont mind because i enjoy the game :P

im also about to start MGS1 as soon as i beat FFVIII, another ps1 game (again, with wired controller.) that i am going to play for fun :P but if only i had wireless controllers................

wireless = fun x 3 since i could relax lol

Well I just finally got round to finishing MGS4 recently and i'm so glad I did. It's a shame that some people will miss out on what is arguably one of the best PS3 games out there just because it doesn't have trophies. I also have Siren Blood Curse on my "to play" pile :P

Then why don't developers add trophy patches??!!! I mean how hard can it be? Use the same achievments Xbox has (unless its a PS3 exclusive) and just add a platinum! I would play MGS4 if it got a trophy patch. Other games that could use a trophy patch= COD3, COD4, MOH:Airborne, R&C Tools of Destruction, R&C Quest for Booty, just to name a few.

yes. im actually playing final fantasy VIII on ps1 (the actual disc, not on psn) so i have to sit with a wired controller to play it, but i dont mind because i enjoy the game :P

im also about to start MGS1 as soon as i beat FFVIII, another ps1 game (again, with wired controller.) that i am going to play for fun :P but if only i had wireless controllers................

wireless = fun x 3 since i could relax lol

Play them on the PS3...everything I've heard or read says all PSone games are BC on all PS3s.

OR

p1120133.jpg

You can get a set of these for your PlayStation...I don't believe they will work with the resized PSOne.

I'll let you know. I'll go in the back and pull out FFVIII and find out. Of course...running a launch 60 gig it may work on mine but not on others. We'll see after I get the TV back after the soaps are over.

This website here:

http://www.ps3comp.c...p?console=psone

lists all the backwards compatible games on the PS3. I have noticed that it's listed some versions of FF8 that do work while others don't. Not sure if different versions of PS3 have different results though.

• Like 1

This website here:

http://www.ps3comp.c...p?console=psone

lists all the backwards compatible games on the PS3. I have noticed that it's listed some versions of FF8 that do work while others don't. Not sure if different versions of PS3 have different results though.

Those aren't the US releases. The item code numbers aren't the same along with the initial SLUS/SLES code difference. When you swap over to the US releases up at the top, the list is far from complete. FF VIII isn't even listed there. I'll give ya feedback in about 20 minutes.

Those aren't the US releases. The item code numbers aren't the same along with the initial SLUS/SLES code difference. When you swap over to the US releases up at the top, the list is far from complete. FF VIII isn't even listed there. I'll give ya feedback in about 20 minutes.

I guess it's more of a guide than a complete list then. I await your feedback :)

I guess it's more of a guide than a complete list then. I await your feedback :)

It's definitely more complete for those interested in the European versions. I'd guess that's where it originates. Definitely a good tool for all the European gamers!!

FF VIII SLUS - 00892 00908 00910 boots up and works properly (at least the first disk does) on my CHECA01 PS3.

• Like 1

Play them on the PS3...everything I've heard or read says all PSone games are BC on all PS3s.

OR

p1120133.jpg

You can get a set of these for your PlayStation...I don't believe they will work with the resized PSOne.

yeah all ps3's are backwards compatible with the ps3... but then again, whats the point of owning an older system if youre not gonna play it? lol