Got this from a sale....

KHDelBoy

• 11 months later...

Worth $6?  It is on sale now.  

FMV games interest me and I bought Late Shift and Erica.  Loved Heavy Rain which has a little more gameplay.  

Horror is not my typical genre.  Does this game work for people who like thrillers but not necessarily gruesome horror fare?  I can watch movies like Halloween, etc. fine, just not looking for over the top gore.

48 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Worth $6?  It is on sale now.  

FMV games interest me and I bought Late Shift and Erica.  Loved Heavy Rain which has a little more gameplay.  

Horror is not my typical genre.  Does this game work for people who like thrillers but not necessarily gruesome horror fare?  I can watch movies like Halloween, etc. fine, just not looking for over the top gore.

I enjoyed it well enough. Would like to get their other FMV games, but haven't been cheap enough for me to bite. And didn't think it was that gruesome. Seen far worse in other games/movies.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I enjoyed it well enough. Would like to get their other FMV games, but haven't been cheap enough for me to bite. And didn't think it was that gruesome. Seen far worse in other games/movies.

Thanks, pretty sure I am going to get it.  

Can’t knock $6 for this, Late Shift (Bought on sale recently), or Erica (also on sale now).

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

IMO, This game has a weaker plot than the others WI games I played.

If i have to rank the ones i played it would be Erica > Late Shift > Shapeshifting Detective > The Complex > the bunker, plot wise.

That probably says a lot about Wales Interactive, considering Erica wasn't one of theirs :P

Edited by Stevieboy

31 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

That probably says a lot about Wales Interactive, considering Erica wasn't one of theirs :P

Really? then how did I get the impression because i actively look for WI games after Erica.. Maybe PS store recommendation?

Anyway, gotta manage expectations for these FMV games..

• 9 months later...
On 23/12/2021 at 3:48 PM, Stevieboy said:

And it shows. Erica and Telling Lies are still the gold standard in this genre for me, though I've played very few of these FMV games.

The Bunker has a very good story but you won't realise how good it is until the end. Before then you'll have to suffer through the boring "gameplay" and illusion of choice/failure. Late Shift had a similar problem of illusion of choice/failure but at least the dialogue options made it fun as you were shaping your character's personality.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DeadDexterous said:

Think I've played them all (available on PS4) apart from the newest one 'The Gallery'.

If I was to pick a couple I'd say Bloodshore & Dark Nights with Poe & Monroe are worth playing. Maybe Simulacra. (Erica is still the standard though).

Can't remember if The Complex was good or not.

My least favourites were Five Dates & 'Who pressed mute on Uncle Marcus?' Nothing specific to pick at just bit meh.

There's a few others like Night book, I Saw Black Clouds & She See's Red. But I can't remember enough to mention anything.

I'll check them out, thanks.

I have The Complex on my wishlist but if you can't remember if it was good or not that means it was meh at best!

I'm also interested in the Shapeshifting Detective. 

• Like 1