Gamestop is going to fail

tjoe1bkhjtqxm

2 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

There are almost no companies that deserve enough trust to justify a pre order.

I happen to disagree with this. Maybe we just don't play games from the same devs/publishers, but I've only have a few truly awful pre-order experiences in the past 4-5 years out of the 20+ preorders I've placed (Final Fantasy XV due to not realizing it would be heavily reliant on DLC and Little Dragons Cafe due to it just being an extremely subpar game by the devs are the only two that come to mind... also canceled my Spyro pre-order after the announcement that only one game would be on disc). I will continue to pre-order anything that comes from Gust or Bandai-Namco as I've only had one issue with any pre-orders from them (a game-breaking bug in Atelier Shallie that was quickly patched).

I'm not surprised that the profit of used games declines with GameStop. There are just too expensive and it doesn't matter how old the game is the prices don't change. Why should I pay 30 Euros for a three year old used retail game or older if I can get it new for the same price or even much cheaper in digital sales? At least that's my experiences in several GameStops in Germany, they just never readjust prices and go with the market when it comes to used software. Every time I am somewhere shopping and there is a GameStop nearby I go in and just go through their stuff, but that's it. In seven years and so many visits to a GameStop I've bought 2 games and exchanged my normal PS4 with the Pro Model.

But I don't think GameStop will go down that easily they will just rearrange with even bigger emphasis on merchandise and other stuff. Fine by me, I like to look at some cool figures. There is some pretty beautiful stuff and seeing it and comparing it in real is much better than seeing it on an online site.

Edited by Savyna
  • Like 1

Like others here, I feel like Gamestop isn't very good at discounting their used merchandise. Often, I can buy a new copy at Amazon (so, physical copy) for a better price than a used copy at Gamestop. 

However, unlike a lot of people, I don't think Gamestop can survive as a merchandise store. I just don't think there's enough interest in such specialty items to generate the revenue necessary for a company that has multiple stores in every town.

I think we'll start seeing asset sales (or possibly bankruptcy) in 2 years. 

Say what you will about GameStop's greedy practices, every company comes with some type of malicious intentions. But I for one would hate to see them go under, because physical copies may cease to exist someday without the proper retailers. If the day ever comes when only digital copies exist, that's when I'll go full on retro. I need a tangible item in my hands, no company is getting my money for a borrowed license.

• Like 2

Gamestop should of died 10 years ago.

I get a field day watching all the YouTube videos on people complaining about Gamestop.

On 12/10/2018 at 0:54 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Like others here, I feel like Gamestop isn't very good at discounting their used merchandise. Often, I can buy a new copy at Amazon (so, physical copy) for a better price than a used copy at Gamestop. 

However, unlike a lot of people, I don't think Gamestop can survive as a merchandise store. I just don't think there's enough interest in such specialty items to generate the revenue necessary for a company that has multiple stores in every town.

I think we'll start seeing asset sales (or possibly bankruptcy) in 2 years. 

Gamestop is losing money and their audience because of the internet and Amazon.

It will die out just like SEARS is dying out. Both companies run an outdated business model and it's been nothing but downhill for Gamestop this past decade.

I thought they were shit back in 2007 when I played the Wii and Xbox 360 consoles. Most stores that I've been to, the employees have no idea what they're doing and their management is downright terrible. I haven't bought anything from Gamestop in 4 years now.

Still, it's sad to see the entire retail business going downhill.