The Last Of Us (All Reviews)

xVolloxx

Here's All Of The Main Reviews For The Last Of Us :

The Last Of Us Metacritic Page : http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-last-of-us 

Current Score 96/100 .

Giant Bomb : 

The Last of Us is not simply Uncharted with zombies, but it couldn't exist without Naughty Dog having made Uncharted first, either. It's a dark adventure, one rarely filled with laughs or joy. There are bitter pills to swallow along the way, and nothing is taken for granted, not even characters. People live, people die. Sometimes it's fair, sometimes it's not. It's still a zombie game, but a sobering one. Take a deep breath . 

Destructoid : 

It cannot be said enough, however, that Naughty Dog's new best creation is complete, and when I say complete, I mean it to pay the highest of compliments. I do not want more from The Last of Us: I do not need more. As the last line was uttered and the credits ushered in the close, I was done. The Last of Us had achieved everything it needed to achieve in order to provide me with everything I wanted...And it ended perfectly .

GamesRadar : 

Its storytelling is peerless, as affecting and multi-layered as it is grounded, underplayed and real. In terms of everything the modern action game has strived to be, The Last of Us is the full-stop at the end of the sentence, leaving no more to be said. Until next-gen. If this is our starting point for that, then the next five to ten years could be truly amazing . 

Playstation Official Magazine UK : 

When such a talented developer hits these creative, narrative and technical heights, the result is a game that wouldn’t look out of place smuggled into PS4’s launch lineup. The acting is more believable than LA Noire’s hi-tech gurning. There are sneaky set-piece excursions that outdo even Metal Gear Solid 4 at its best. And tying it all together is an utterly mesmerising world instilled with a seamless sense of time and place. This is a work of art in which amazing sights and sounds fuel an emotionally draining, constantly compelling end of days adventure . 

Eurogamer : 

The Last of Us is a deeply impressive demonstration of how it can and should be done. It starts out safe but ends brave; it has heart and grit, and it hangs together beautifully. And it's a real video game, too. An elegy for a dying world, The Last of Us is also a beacon of hope for its genre . 

Machinima : 

Overall, multiplayer is light on modes and it may not expand on the core story-driven experience, but it’s still a thoughtful addition to a superbly executed package . 

IGN : 

Its unrivaled presentation in particular sets the bar even higher than the Uncharted trilogy already did, and its writing, voice acting and layered gameplay combine to create what is very easily the game to beat for Game of the Year 2013 . 

Game Informer : 

The Last of Us is a deeply felt, shockingly violent game that questions what we're willing to sacrifice and, more disturbingly, what we're willing to do so save the ones we love. The conclusion offers no easy answers. You won't forget it . 

Kotaku : 

ku-xlarge.jpg

PS3T : 

Naughty Dog has gone out of this generation with a bang , a pus filled , brutal , mortal tainting and blood soaked bang . The Last Of Us is one of the year's most mature and character driven experiences , and one of the finest experiences this generation . It's survival of the fittest out there , and Naughty Dog has survived by creating such a heartfelt , heart warming , heart string pulling , heart stabbing experience that is both massively rewarding and hugely satisfying . 

1317-final.png
Edited by TheBolloxx
  • Like 1

If you saw it, did you read the part about

"If you find a review that I haven't posted go ahead and reply with the link and I'll update this post."

Yeah i did but i thought it would be much more convenient as 1 thread than a massive reply since ill be updating this all day

with pretty much every single review . 

Here are some more reviews

Edge Magazine 10/10

http://www.edge-online.com/review/the-last-of-us-review/

Polygon 7.5/10 

http://www.polygon.com/game/the-last-of-us/3040

Gamespot 8/10

http://www.gamespot.com/the-last-of-us/reviews/the-last-of-us-review-6409197/?page=2

Can't wait for this game. Only 9 more days!!!  :lol:

Edited by Blazphemy--

The GameSpot review displeased me. The reviewer seemed inexperienced, and when I looked at his previous reviewed game, he has been reviewing arcade and mobile games for the past several years. He gave "I Am Alive" the same score as The Last of Us. I hardly think this will be the case. A lot of reviewers are working their hardest to deconstruct every little detail it seems, and then say that it isn't a 10 because it isn't absolutely perfect. Well, Destructiod has it right, a game doesn't have to be perfect for a 10, it just has to be one of the best. It is simple philosophy, any side can win with a skilled debater. So it seems maybe too many reviewers are trying too hard to be the highly intellectual, truth bringer of bad news, that they forgot to actually enjoy the game. I have never bought a video game, intent on analyzing every little detail of it, so reviewers shouldn't either. This game was seriously hyped up, and I wish more reviewers would of kept a level head and played the game like actual consumers do, to be able to deliver a completely honest score. I have not played this game obviously, but I can tell some of the reviewers acted this way by just reading the article.

Or maybe I am wrong and 'The Last of Us' deserves an 8-9/10 and the Xbox One will be the best console, delivering exclusives like The Last of Us all the time.

Agreed.!

Polygon Review: "It paints a vision of a near-future that is cold, heartless and, in many cases, downright evil. It's not a fun place to be, and likewise, the game isn't really a fun thing to play."

What! So just because the game is set an a post apocalyptic world, one in which we would not want to be, that makes the game not fun to play..? Some of these reviews.. are just absurd.

Even with three reviews giving it not-so-great scores it still has an average rating of 96! Which is amazing! Naughty dog has once again set the bar!

• Like 3

Agreed.!

Polygon Review: "It paints a vision of a near-future that is cold, heartless and, in many cases, downright evil. It's not a fun place to be, and likewise, the game isn't really a fun thing to play."

What! So just because the game is set an a post apocalyptic world, one in which we would not want to be, that makes the game not fun to play..? Some of these reviews.. are just absurd.

Even with three reviews giving it not-so-great scores it still has an average rating of 96! Which is amazing! Naughty dog has once again set the bar!

This is so pathetic. And the GameSpot review put the following as  a negative: "Supporting characters are hardly sympathetic."

Wait....so you mean to tell me that in a harsh, bleak, hopeless world, everyone should find it in their hearts to be nice? NO! This is the whole point! These reviewers are acting stupid and forgot that this isn't a Saints Row or COD game, this is a story of despair. I'm glad most reviewers get it, because when I looked, the ratio of 10/10 and non-10/10 was 4:1.

• Like 2

The GameSpot review displeased me. The reviewer seemed inexperienced, and when I looked at his previous reviewed game, he has been reviewing arcade and mobile games for the past several years. He gave "I Am Alive" the same score as The Last of Us. I hardly think this will be the case. A lot of reviewers are working their hardest to deconstruct every little detail it seems, and then say that it isn't a 10 because it isn't absolutely perfect. Well, Destructiod has it right, a game doesn't have to be perfect for a 10, it just has to be one of the best. It is simple philosophy, any side can win with a skilled debater. So it seems maybe too many reviewers are trying too hard to be the highly intellectual, truth bringer of bad news, that they forgot to actually enjoy the game. I have never bought a video game, intent on analyzing every little detail of it, so reviewers shouldn't either. This game was seriously hyped up, and I wish more reviewers would of kept a level head and played the game like actual consumers do, to be able to deliver a completely honest score. I have not played this game obviously, but I can tell some of the reviewers acted this way by just reading the article.

Or maybe I am wrong and 'The Last of Us' deserves an 8-9/10 and the Xbox One will be the best console, delivering exclusives like The Last of Us all the time.

Well said, you just spoke my mind!!

I want to add that in my opinion I think reviewers and some sites (such as gamespot) want just to stand out, like "oh look we don't give games 10, we actually analyze em and we expose the bad things" (more like over-analyzing) Some reviewers are just arrogant punks that give games 7 or 6 just so it seems they didn't just went ahead and put the score, which in perspective that's what it looks like, they didn't took the time to actually "play" the game, enjoy it, and maybe play it again if it needs it so to make a review. That's why I'm always checking AngryJoe for his review and JremyJahns, though I wish they would review every game and movie....

Edited by entimecago
  • Like 4

I don't think Angry Joe will review this, isn't he just on PC and Xbox?

Yes, the only PS3 games he was interested in was The Last guardian and some other PS3 exclusive. I doubt he would get a PS3 just for this game since PS4 is around the corner.

• Like 1

Yes, the only PS3 games he was interested in was The Last guardian and some other PS3 exclusive. I doubt he would get a PS3 just for this game since PS4 is around the corner.

he seems to have played Uncharted 2. If you see his video on Spike Video Games Award, the part where Megan Fox gets the best Female Voice Actor in a Game (what?), Joe clearly says 'what abt Emily Black(CHloe Frazer) from Uncharted 2?'.Anyway he's off to E3 and isn't going to post any reviews till after he's done with his E3 reviews.