EA Caves, Pulls MTX (For FIFA, In Belgium)

Bullstomp

But... but... but... these billion dollar publishers surely need the extra revenue from these MTX because game development has just gotten too expensive. I mean, look what happened to Sony as well as Santa Monica and Insomniac after last year's releases of God of War and Spider-Man. Huge expensive AAA games with no MTX and then all those studios went under soon after...

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

LOL yep. Also, you should try Mein Leben again, I'm rooting for you!

*Vietnam flash backs* Not sure how many more times I can hit my dad over the head with a vase and shoot my dog before I end up just killing myself tbh xD 

2 minutes ago, Cobby said:

*Vietnam flash backs* Not sure how many more times I can hit my dad over the head with a vase and shoot my dog before I end up just killing myself tbh xD 

On second thought, maybe just leave it be. Yeah that sounds best. 

that-escalated-quickly-300x300.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Afro_Gear said:

On second thought, maybe just leave it be. Yeah that sounds best. 

that-escalated-quickly-300x300.jpg

xD I wouldn't mind it, but everytime I boot the game up I get halfway through the unskippable start part and just turn it off cos I can't be bothered. Just seen it too many times, if it was skippable I'd try it, but I think I'm done trying :/ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xZoneHunter said:

A while ago a couple Square enix pulled a couple mobile games too from the market here. So yeah it's definitely doing its work. But tbf, belgium is a small country, i doubt they'll lose that much revenue 1f605.png

You aren't looking big picture my friend. The legal precedent has been created; EA was challenged and buckled. Here are the governments next-in-line, courtesy of "Seeking Alpha":

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4236081-avoid-ea-fun-end

Austria

Czech Republic

France

Gibralter

Ireland

Isle of Man

Jersey

Latvia

Malta

The Netherlands 

Norway

Poland

Portugal

Spain 

Washington State 

United Kingdom

With a weak release schedule for 2019, Battlefield V falling hard and the momentum against EA's MTX cash cow, the institutions and the senior company leaders are dumping the stock.

Hell, at the end of the article they suggest shorting the stock if there is a sympathetic/dead cat bounce. That's hardcore bearish.

31 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

You aren't looking big picture my friend. The legal precedent has been created; EA was challenged and buckled. Here are the governments next-in-line, courtesy of "Seeking Alpha":

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4236081-avoid-ea-fun-end

Austria

Czech Republic

France

Gibralter

Ireland

Isle of Man

Jersey

Latvia

Malta

The Netherlands 

Norway

Poland

Portugal

Spain 

Washington State 

United Kingdom

With a weak release schedule for 2019, Battlefield V falling hard and the momentum against EA's MTX cash cow, the institutions and the senior company leaders are dumping the stock.

Hell, at the end of the article they suggest shorting the stock if there is a sympathetic/dead cat bounce. That's hardcore bearish.

Wonderful, just wonderful. Except i'm not seeing Italy or Germany in that list...