Bare Hands, or Hidden Blades?

Muff

so here is something to talk about: do you prefer to fight without using a weapon, or by using your dual hidden blades?

i chose these two because i found (sold the game) these two to be the most rewarding in a fight. with the bare hands, you need to time counters right, and if you are quick enough after you disarm you can get a counter kill easy, making fights with Seekers and Brutes that much more easy...and fun, its nice to try other weapons. With the hidden blades, they arent very offensive, but are GREAT to practice your counter timing: get it right, and its always an instant counter kill. time it wrong, and you get hit. it really pushes you to perfect the counter kill, and i did this so much before brotherhood, to the point where when i played the game, i had a very easy time since i had almost perfected the counter kill with the dual hidden blades, which return of course.

so, feel free to state which you like more, and debate which is the superior one. hell, if you like the short sword or anything else, feel free to say so. for me, its Dual Hidden Blades, while bare hand fighting is fun and entertaining, i just loved getting into fights with my hidden blades. by the time i sold this game, i was amazing at the counter kill thanks to it, i love them :wub:

Hey Code, I just picked up this game tonight, and will be giving it a play tomorrow. After I have played it a bit I'll surely take part in this convo!

...but something tells me that if there are blades available, I'll be using them (never played AC before, so it's all gonna' be new).

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I didn't really have a favorite that I stuck to in all cases. I used the appropriate "tool" for the job. As previously stated, bare hands are much better for enemies that you can't block. Otherwise, I guess I preferred the dual hidden blades. Double assassinations were :awesome:

:yay:

I only used the hidden blade when I'm chasing the runners so I guess I would have to say bare hands. It's a lot easier to disarm people and it's so much fun to use their own weapons against them. Ubisoft did a great job with the animations for the Long Weapons and the heavy weapons that it's fun to fight with bare hands to get those weapons off the enemy

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I always use bare hands to disarm the enemy and then execute them. Sometimes I just use the primary weapon, counter-kill someone and then begin a killstreak. But yeah... bare hands ftw ^.^

I do like the executions of hidden blades but I only use them for assassinations.

I made it a challenge to myself in this game to kill as few people as possible throughout the entire game. You might ask why I'd do something like that, but if you think about it, it causes you to use stealth to the utmost. There was a time where I thought if you disarmed an opponent and then beat them down with your fists, it wouldn't count as a kill because they lay on the ground groaning and very obviously alive. I'd use this on archers if I made mistake travelling on the rooftops across the city. But looking at my stats one, I noticed even if you beat someone down with your fists in Assassins Creed 2, it still counts as a kill. So that went out the window. After that, the only time I switched to fists was if I was fighting a Seeker so I could disarm him and steal his weapon.