RUMOR: Titanfall Battle Royale to release Feb 4th, Free to play

SnowxSakura

"For a little over a year now, rumors have suggested that developer Respawn Entertainment is working on a new Titanfall game for release in 2019. Job listings, teases directly from the developer, and a few odd coincidences all led to speculation that Titanfall 3 is close, but a new rumor claims that Respawn is releasing a game but it’s not what players expect.

According to a leak (via TheQuartering) coming out of Respawn, the developer will be announcing a free-to-play Titanfall battle royale game today (Saturday). Additionally, that initial reveal will be followed by an official release of the game on Monday, February 4th.

The rumor claims that this free-to-play Titanfall title will include elements like 3-player teams, microtransactions for cosmetics, an in-game currency, and a setup that functions similar to Overwatch. For Titanfall fans, this is hardly the type of game they were looking for but this could be a stopgap for Respawn. Perhaps the developer is taking the assets and tools from Titanfall 2 to create something that brings a unique approach to the BR genre and will help fund work on the eventual Titanfall sequel."

https://gamerant.com/titanfall-battle-royale/

Edited by SnowxSakura

There's also a rumour doing the rounds that the Titans themselves will be absent, which is a terrible idea if it's true.

I see this ending in tears if the game doesn't make a big impact at launch, simply because the Battle Royale Genre is super saturated at the moment with Fortnite, PUBg and BLOPS 4 taking the top spots and thus leaving very little room for newcomers to make a lasting impact.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

There's also a rumour doing the rounds that the Titans themselves will be absent, which is a terrible idea if it's true.

How can you have a Titanfall game without the Titans? I realize that balancing the game would be quite the task for a mode like battle royal. But if they achieved that it would add a fresh element to the genre that sets them apart from everyone else. It would be enough to get me interested.

1 hour ago, LordShavron said:

How can you have a Titanfall game without the Titans? I realize that balancing the game would be quite the task for a mode like battle royal. But if they achieved that it would add a fresh element to the genre that sets them apart from everyone else. It would be enough to get me interested.

Here's some more info on it: https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/02/03/apex-legends-reportedly-out-soon/#/slide/1 but it's not looking good :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I don't think it looks very good to be honest. I liked Titanfall 2 quite a bit and would have preferred Titanfall 3. From what I've seen It's just the same mechanics, animations and weapons from tf2 with worse graphics, no titans and battle royale. It also has a cheap feel to it.

Edited by olliebear66t