RE2 Ultimate Survival Guide - Maps, Boss Tips, Collectibles, Enemy Tips, Walkthroughs etc

optimusmart

3 hours ago, ResidentDarrell said:

Not gonna lie, Im embarrassed of how little time Ive been able to play this game

Not embarrassing at all, its actually embarrassing spending too much time on video games!

2 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Excellent work so far. But your vids make me sad... sad how much I suck compared to you. xD 

No skill involved, just patience my friend, check here ;)

57 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Not embarrassing at all, its actually embarrassing spending too much time on video games!

No skill involved, just patience my friend, check here ;)

The original RE 2 is my fav game of all time. This game dropped while im working 50+ hour weeks and going back to school. I keep watching videos of it on my break since I can play it myself...….and I bought the Collector's Edition on PS4 and the base game on XB1. Hope ill get to play this weekend. I NEED this platinum in my life.

@optimiu

On 2/11/2019 at 2:42 PM, optimusmart said:

Hey everyone, this is what I'm working on, I've got a few things done so am ready to just give brief look of what it will contain;

Thank you for the video guide! I unlocked Minigun and Infinite SMG (LE5).

ZSGUhqS.jpg

About G2 battle, it took me a few attempts to master the method you used in the video; however, I missed one or two shots so I had to use infinite knife to stab his big eye after he finished his combo attack. There was trial and error while following the video such as Mr. X didn't go to the Fire Escape place but he came to Waiting Room instead, therefore I had to lure him to the Roof and then used a Flash Grenade to stun him. The zombie's position was also random, so it took me a few minutes to clean up compared to your Total Time. I used the similar method to fight G3 in my first Claire A Hardcore run (for trophy purpose) since I had a bunch of acid rounds, but I didn't expect you can kill him by using acid rounds only. In my case, I used SMG to finish him off.

Overall, it's a great video.?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

@optimiu

Thank you for the video guide! I unlocked Minigun and Infinite SMG (LE5).

ZSGUhqS.jpg

About G2 battle, it took me a few attempts to master the method you used in the video; however, I missed one or two shots so I had to use infinite knife to stab his big eye after he finished his combo attack. There was trial and error while following the video such as Mr. X didn't go to the Fire Escape place but he came to Waiting Room instead, therefore I had to lure him to the Roof and then used a Flash Grenade to stun him. The zombie's position was also random, so it took me a few minutes to clean up compared to your Total Time. I used the similar method to fight G3 in my first Claire A Hardcore run (for trophy purpose) since I had a bunch of acid rounds, but I didn't expect you can kill him by using acid rounds only. In my case, I used SMG to finish him off.

Overall, it's a great video.1f44d.png

That G2 method is the easiest way though, its.more controllable there, when fighting him by the crane its a.lot more difficult. Good thing about that strat is it has plenty of breathing space

If he didnt go to the fire escape, its because u went to soon and he wasnt aware of you, I waited a moment to make sure he saw me. When he first lifts the helicopter, if u duck back around the corner straight away, he will literally just turn around and walk the opposite way!

With enemy positions, some are random, but the majority of them will react to when you walk or run and so positioning will change for later. For example, when u get the bolt cutters, u must WALK to the east office, otherwise some zombies will force there way through the door with the chair propped against it

And as for the west office, yes, that hi-vis zombie is rng places which is why u we have a knife on us!

Glad it helped though even if some of it took a few attempts and improvisation ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ResidentDarrell said:

The original RE 2 is my fav game of all time. This game dropped while im working 50+ hour weeks and going back to school. I keep watching videos of it on my break since I can play it myself...….and I bought the Collector's Edition on PS4 and the base game on XB1. Hope ill get to play this weekend. I NEED this platinum in my life.

I will try and get the 1st run maps up by the wkend, if u dont want to follow any guides, at least u will have maps for reference.

8 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Well, that does make me feel a little better. All them outtakes looks like me in a single run. :D

Getting hit by G4 must have been crushing so now I'm even more impressed that you persevered.

Stop it, dont even mention, it traumatised me lol

Dont know what I was doing there, I knew not to stand still for too long, yet I still did it. The no damage isnt especially hard as u can see, u just need to try not to make mistakes nd know what to do and when, doesnt take loads of skill

I thought I had the route down, but from those failed runs I was still learning new stuff and I finished run changes a bit to the same parts in those outtakes.

Should have left the sewer treatment key rooms in the sewers though, that was a complete waste of time

First of all, thank you for the guides @optimusmart.

I just started playing the game yesterday. I'm really enjoying looking up for the collectibles by myself. I would like to ask if there is some point of no return (without major spoilers if possible) when the collectibles become unobtainable? For example when/if I lost the ability to free roam police station.

Thank you.

Edited by BloodyRutz

On 13/02/2019 at 9:12 AM, BloodyRutz said:

First of all, thank you for the guides @optimusmart.

I just started playing the game yesterday. I'm really enjoying looking up for the collectibles by myself. I would like to ask if there is some point of no return (without major spoilers if possible) when the collectibles become unobtainable? For example when/if I lost the ability to free roam police station.

Thank you.

Hi, sorry, somehow missed this reply

U probably know by now, but just in case:

There is a single file as Sherry that is highly missable, its just before u climb out the window into the nursery, u CANNOT reenter.

Also as Claire, when u first enter the sewers, there is a file on a whiteboard in a save room, after you drop down from this area, you CANNOT return.

As Leon, when you control Ada, the collectibles during her sequence are highly missable and cannot be returned to.

Anything else can all be found up to when u enter the Labs, at which point you CANNOT backtrack further.

For 2nd run, cant answer there as I havent done it yet, ive been playing through 1st run multiple times to find the easiest routes for everyone!

2 hours ago, medenko1975 said:

OP thanks

Thanks, I will add the completed 1st run maps this weekend along with Leons S+ hardcore easy route

On 16. 2. 2019 at 9:43 AM, optimusmart said:

Hi, sorry, somehow missed this reply

U probably know by now, but just in case:

There is a single file as Sherry that is highly missable, its just before u climb out the window into the nursery, u CANNOT reenter.

Also as Claire, when u first enter the sewers, there is a file on a whiteboard in a save room, after you drop down from this area, you CANNOT return.

As Leon, when you control Ada, the collectibles during her sequence are highly missable and cannot be returned to.

Anything else can all be found up to when u enter the Labs, at which point you CANNOT backtrack further.

For 2nd run, cant answer there as I havent done it yet, ive been playing through 1st run multiple times to find the easiest routes for everyone!

Thank you for your detailed answer! Although I've already finished Leon A scenario, this will definitely come in handy for my collectibles runs.

3 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

Thank you for your detailed answer! Although I've already finished Leon A scenario, this will definitely come in handy for my collectibles runs.

Keep an end save on each playthrough, that way, if you find out u have missed a file when done, it will be easier to load each end save and check what u havent collected

Update on my main.post:

Ive got all maps done for Claire, and almost leon, most videos are recorded.

Im just recording a beginner friendly platinum in 10hr route now as I will also include this, along with a text checklist to.go with it.

Then will finish leons maps and begin writing, think the finished piece is a few weeks aways

Beginners route here for a platinum in under 10 hours, or fastest time for a beginner I guess

Parts 1 to 3 are done which is the main meat of it, have yet to finish 4 but it is only no item box/recovery items on assisted and collect Claires 2 x files on 2nd run

This is the final batch of vids I am doing, then will begin writing the guide for here

17 hours ago, Naruke2007 said:

I guess the really first picture you uploaded was the entire map with items, secrets etc ... but it seems you have to upload it again, it could be useful :)

I may think have deleted the old drafts as my imgur is getting cluttered but fear not because I am still working on this and will have a full gameplay guide up with it all in

Its just.....taking a while, Im just optimising the final runs now before I begin typing, but optimising runs can take a LONG time

Optimising my Frugalist, Minimalist, Small Carbon Footprint all-in-one run for a EASY ROUTE  on 2nd run took me almost a day yesterday ;)

People speedrunning the game on pc and using that knife trick feels like cheating. Beating the first boss with just a couple slashes and a grenade is impossible on ps4. Anyways, thanks for the vids, although I always use a flash on the tyrant when he lifts the helicopter.

41 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Goddamn! Followed PowerPyx collectibles guide, but I'm on 57/58 files after doing all scenarios. No idea what one I'm missing, as you can't view them outside of the game, and have no endgame saves....

Do you have inf weapons unlocked??

You're best bet is to quickly go through 2nd Run with both characters and grab EVERY file to be sure. 1st RUN only has 1 exclusive and it is story related anyhow so you will have it. 2nd Runs have everything else!

I've just added ALL my maps to the guide and have added all the weapon images etc, just gotta do the typing now and add vids. Did you post here because you wanna view the maps or something??

This is what the final maps look like:

3a29e6.png

3573b6.png

67ba4b.png

Edited by optimusmart