Buying?

Warmachine0341

6 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Alright. From what i've heard every single person likes the combat in Anthem, so if they can continue to build on that i think the game can be saved from the rocky launch and recover and become really good games like Warframe/Destiny did.

The combat is the strong part for sure. It has potential as long as it is supported.

I'm around 28h in.

Out of all friends buying it, nobody has said that they regret buying the game. We are having tons of fun with it and at harder difficulties, it becomes really intense and relies on great teamwork. Yesterday we 4-manned the 3rd Stronghold on hard and had a really awesome time. Beating it after all the work was even better.

Yes the loading screens still suck, but during screens just read some news, send a text to your gf or visit Psnprofiles. Yes I've had 3 infinite loading screens where I had to restart the game, but 3 times during 28h in a "buggy" game is nothing.

The combat gameplay is what makes the game so damn good. All the explosions, effects, smoke etc.. I love that you can feel the weight of your javelin in the controller, it gives you that authentic feel that you are in the middle of the battlefield. The accomplishment when beating a really hard fight. The pressure on you when the rest of the team is dead against formidable foes. The hopeless feeling when the enemy is just too damn strong and you do your best to avoid death and come up with a strategy. This game gives you all of that.

Myself, I have only seen people write full negative comments about the game who haven't even tried it. Or the reviewers who play max 5h and that's it... I'm sure once you try it, you will probably even start to enjoy it.

I was also hesitant on buying the game because of the reviewers, but after hearing the same dumb points about a dead hubworld (who cares, you are not there to have a conversation-simulator), boring story (IMO it's not) or loading screens (you'll get over it) I decided to buy the game and try it myself.

I don't know, maybe the content gets less once you become masterwork or legendary, but even up to that point of 40-50+ hours, the money was worth on Anthem.

• Like 4

Still debating whether to get this or Division 2. After the grind that it took to get all of the DLC trophies in the Division (except Survival, which I loved), I'm not sure I want to go back into that world. Anthem is different enough that it interests me, but I kind of want to wait and see what the DLC lists for both games before I make up my mind. I am worried that if I wait too long in either game, I'll be left behind by the games' respective communities.

Edited by NeilBefore_ZOD

11 hours ago, Erkawest said:

I'm around 28h in.

Out of all friends buying it, nobody has said that they regret buying the game. We are having tons of fun with it and at harder difficulties, it becomes really intense and relies on great teamwork. Yesterday we 4-manned the 3rd Stronghold on hard and had a really awesome time. Beating it after all the work was even better.

Yes the loading screens still suck, but during screens just read some news, send a text to your gf or visit Psnprofiles. Yes I've had 3 infinite loading screens where I had to restart the game, but 3 times during 28h in a "buggy" game is nothing.

The combat gameplay is what makes the game so damn good. All the explosions, effects, smoke etc.. I love that you can feel the weight of your javelin in the controller, it gives you that authentic feel that you are in the middle of the battlefield. The accomplishment when beating a really hard fight. The pressure on you when the rest of the team is dead against formidable foes. The hopeless feeling when the enemy is just too damn strong and you do your best to avoid death and come up with a strategy. This game gives you all of that.

Myself, I have only seen people write full negative comments about the game who haven't even tried it. Or the reviewers who play max 5h and that's it... I'm sure once you try it, you will probably even start to enjoy it.

I was also hesitant on buying the game because of the reviewers, but after hearing the same dumb points about a dead hubworld (who cares, you are not there to have a conversation-simulator), boring story (IMO it's not) or loading screens (you'll get over it) I decided to buy the game and try it myself.

I don't know, maybe the content gets less once you become masterwork or legendary, but even up to that point of 40-50+ hours, the money was worth on Anthem.

Nice honest review that dude. That just mite av made my mind up about buying it eventually. The critics av absolutly hammered this game. Good to see a honest review from someone whos had a decent run of the game

I've got probably 50-60 hours into it now.  These negative reviews are all rubbish.  I am having a blast with the game as the combat is very engaging and fun.  The exploration is also very fun.  The load screens are frequent but not unbearable.  I'll spend an hour or so in a freeplay session and if I have 3 minutes of loadscreens, that's totally fine.  Really excited about the calendar of updates that they've released and it looks like this game will be getting a ton of updates and features added over time.  Ignore the reviews and try it yourself, even if you just rent it, you may be surprised.

1 hour ago, supertrunksman said:

I've got probably 50-60 hours into it now.  These negative reviews are all rubbish.  I am having a blast with the game as the combat is very engaging and fun.  The exploration is also very fun.  The load screens are frequent but not unbearable.  I'll spend an hour or so in a freeplay session and if I have 3 minutes of loadscreens, that's totally fine.  Really excited about the calendar of updates that they've released and it looks like this game will be getting a ton of updates and features added over time.  Ignore the reviews and try it yourself, even if you just rent it, you may be surprised.

Hi. Wot are the trophies like. Also Are the collectables easy to find 

I expected nothing from EA so I was pleasantly surprised. Also I wouldn't listen to the reviews because every reviewer will have their bias. The only reason it isn't selling well is because it is EA and they have gotten a bunch of bad press lately. It is a decent game but the story is meh.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:46 AM, Warmachine0341 said:

As much as I’d love to get this between work and my newborn, I can only get on title of this nature. For me it’s the division 2. What about you guys. I hope it does well I love BioWare I just don’t have the time to justify spending 60 bucks on it

Gonna wait for the bundle at the end of the year that will most likely have 1 or 2 dlcs in it for cheap.  Can't justify buying it at full price since games like this usually go on sale pretty quickly, and its not like I am just itching to play it.

1 hour ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Hi. Wot are the trophies like. Also Are the collectables easy to find 

Trophies seem pretty straight forward and easy.  The collectibles are plentiful, but with a guide (there are several posted on here) they're pretty quick.  I honestly haven't looked at a guide for the actual collectibles, and I'm nearly finished just from finding stuff while playing normally.