Your thoughts on the FFXV and KH3 announcement?

Azaan60

I still can't believe KH is coming to the Xbox. It's nice to know KH is officially in development, but it's going to take a few years before the game is finished. As for FFversusXIII becoming FFXV, that had been leaked (and denied) a long time ago. I'm curious what the release date/year for FFXV is.

The Final Fantasy series still confuses the living hell out of me with their naming structure and the gameplay didn't look like the Final Fantasy I love. As for Kingdom Hearts, I've never been a massive fan but I'm glad fans finally know a third game is coming. Speaking of third games... Sega, stop everything you're doing and make Shenmue III for the PS4, please?

Parker

• Like 1

i used to love FF series 7-12  but they have been becoming less and less the final fantasy i know and loved.

i miss turn based, how you upgraded characters and all the varied weapons that were available.

dragon quest is more the sort of jrpg i like but a no show on ps3 or 4 as yet!!

as for kingdom hearts, i had it on psp, it was ok, it did not grab me though..

i used to love FF series 7-12  but they have been becoming less and less the final fantasy i know and loved.

i miss turn based, how you upgraded characters and all the varied weapons that were available.

dragon quest is more the sort of jrpg i like but a no show on ps3 or 4 as yet!!

as for kingdom hearts, i had it on psp, it was ok, it did not grab me though..

Was that the game KH Birth by Sleep? because that's a prequel to the story, but hasn't got an impact on it (yet?). Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 are the best of the series.

FFXV: I'm a FF fanboy so of course I was excited by it. I did found the gameplay demo a little confusing, the player was just teleporting everywere and didn't saw any impressive combos. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it, just waiting for more info to come out.

KH3: Finally! Sora's grand finale comes to us, I'm still a little mad they released such a high profile game (KH3D) on a console I do not own but still, can't wait to see the new keyblades and worlds.

All I got to say is finally!  Still going to be awhile for KH 3 (it better not turn into the next FFXIII - Versus) and hopefully they are speaking truthfully about FFXV coming out this year.   

What? Surely you mean next year...and if so its more likely to be the back end of next year. 

I think FFXV looks amazing! I loved how on the trailer they said the legend meets its match, meaning FF7 of course. Kingdom hearts 3 is a good announcement but that trailer was underwhelming, but i get what they were trying to do. 

A bad thing about this announcement was the applauses. I was expecting the room to break down with so much epicness (I mean, they did everything the fans asked for: Versus XIII news, KH3, no FF XIII.)

I literally had a gamergasm watching that announcement. I was losing my hopes on Square-Enix, but now I feel happy not having lost my trust on them.

Another bad thing about this is both those games not being available to the PS3.

The Final Fantasy series still confuses the living hell out of me with their naming structure and the gameplay didn't look like the Final Fantasy I love. As for Kingdom Hearts, I've never been a massive fan but I'm glad fans finally know a third game is coming. Speaking of third games... Sega, stop everything you're doing and make Shenmue III for the PS4, please?

Parker

It's the evolution of the series, TES is another series that changes a lot as well. Square is going to make FFXV the darkest one out of any Final Fantasy game which suits my taste & makes me even more excited!

Both games caught me off guard & I was shocked about the news, thinking of getting FFXV day one knowing it has real time action like Kingdom Hearts & has been in development for over seven years....

final fantasy 15 when moved from ps3 to ps4 is kinda a bit of a let down to me, i was so excited to play it on my ps3 since i might gonna take way too long to get a ps4.

when i first heard of it and saw the gameplay footages of it back at the time i didn't have a ps3 and i promise my self that when i get a ps3 MGS4 / uncharted 1 and FF versus 13 will be the first games i 'll get..sure i did got MGS4 & U1 and U2 at the time but boy i was wrong with FF versus 13  now FF15.

i hate it when a game developers promise you with a game for the console you own and  you start waiting for it for too long and then get switched / moved to another platform at the end.... well at least i am kinda happy to know its in development.

as for KH3 even with the hurricane it did back in the ps2 era and theres a high rate that KH3 will be for ps3  surprisingly i always felt that it might gonna be whether a Wii exclusive or it might be for next gen after the ps3, funny how i was right about the next gen stuff. 

Edited by yellowwindow7

Now that Noctis is getting a lot of atention, don't you guys think he looks a lot like Cloud? He even seems to have that dark attitude Cloud had at the beginning of VII. And of course, they both can use multiple weapons (Cloud in AC).