Tips, Tricks & Strategies for Platinum Trophy

VlayerTheSlayer

44 minutes ago, QQQ_AX said:

Does the 'No Damage' bonus void if you close the game and continue, or quit mission then continue?

I finished Mission 18 pretty sure with no damage (but quit mission then continued), and did not get the bonus.

Does it have to be all in one uninterrupted go?

Not sure if you do "quit mission", but if you close the game ("close application") you will still get all bonuses.

58 minutes ago, QQQ_AX said:

Does the 'No Damage' bonus void if you close the game and continue, or quit mission then continue?

I finished Mission 18 pretty sure with no damage (but quit mission then continued), and did not get the bonus.

Does it have to be all in one uninterrupted go?

Made a mistake like that myself. You need to close the application. Quitting in the menu will void it yeah.

Edited by Rozalia1

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, if not I apologize. I noticed that the % of achievers for the platinum on my PS4 (0.1%) does not match the one on PSNProfiles (1.26%). 

I would say it is because of syncing issues, but the difference seems quite large. 

I guess this happens with many games, but since I am new to trophies and this website, can someone explain me why?

1 hour ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, if not I apologize. I noticed that the % of achievers for the platinum on my PS4 (0.1%) does not match the one on PSNProfiles (1.26%). 

I would say it is because of syncing issues, but the difference seems quite large. 

I guess this happens with many games, but since I am new to trophies and this website, can someone explain me why?

That's because this website only counts the people from the website who have an account if I recall correctly. PSN numbers is for all owners and players of the game.

• Like 2

Found an easy way to get a S on M15 (possibly all Nero's mission).

Bring 3 Ragtime-Buster-3 Ragtime-Buster, and you will have no problem at all. Just be aware to reload your magazine at each statue. (only on HAH)

Sorry if it was mentioned before.

DMD mission 8 5956 points i want to launch DS4 out of the windows xD for only 44 points -_- 

On 19/3/2019 at 11:36 AM, nudoetcrudo said:

Hey guys, for Dante on Hell and Hell abuse Faust meteor and gatling gun. The meteor one-shot everything and gives you more style points, but use it only before enemies spawn since it takes time to charge (that's an easy easy way to kill Furies, for instance). Then clean the area with the gatling gun. Also, I noticed that "late/early blocking" with RG is very dangerous, as if your timing is not ok you will lose all DT in one hit. So for instance you cannot just guard all time against the spinning lizard (which I was doing), as they do multiple hits and they'll kill you at the second one. If you are not very confident about your perfect blocks, use it with caution (I will probably use it only against bosses).

Here is a video showing how to easily get S-rank on mission 10. It works at any difficulty. Instructions in the description. (I wish I would have done this on DMD, it would have saved me a lot of time T_T).

BEST way for mission 10 thx mate you have a video for mission 8 i hate this 2 damn mission argh 

1 hour ago, Neme-ita said:

BEST way for mission 10 thx mate you have a video for mission 8 i hate this 2 damn mission argh 

No video, sorry, but I did it with EX taunts. The video below shows the key idea of getting a lot of points with it.

For M8 I did.

* Use it on the first mandatory fight (2 berserk + 1 fury). It may be a bit hard to do a full EX taunt, but doesn't really matter. For the fury, just spam Ragtime (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B18MYt5rxE).

* Use it again on the second mandatory fight (2 floating goats + 1 knight). Here it's really easy to do a full taunt if you move yourself to the left of the area. Goats will never attack you, because when they get close to you they will run away (lol). The knight never went close to me.

* Then do the optional fight where the second collapsing floor is (behemot + empusa). Use the first phase of the fight (when the floor is collapsing) to build up style points and DT. You should reach at least SS style. When you fall down do a normal taunt while enemies spawn: Nero should put the hoodie on and you'll get SSS style. Destroy the behemot with DT. Clear the area. You should be all the time in SSS (SS at most) and get TONS of style points.

* Againt, EX taunt on the third and final mandatory fight (3 goats + 1 jumping monster with mask). You may not be able to do a full EX taunt (because of the masked monster), but it's still ok.

I followed this strategy on HaH and got 6200 points (so I was allowed to die twice and still get S).

3 hours ago, BT_MIE said:

Found an easy way to get a S on M15 (possibly all Nero's mission).

Bring 3 Ragtime-Buster-3 Ragtime-Buster, and you will have no problem at all. Just be aware to reload your magazine at each statue. (only on HAH)

Sorry if it was mentioned before.

Is there a point in using Buster arms after getting the Devil Bringer? The Devil Bringer even has a stronger version while in DT. Might as well just carry 8 Ragtimes.

23 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Is there a point in using Buster arms after getting the Devil Bringer? The Devil Bringer even has a stronger version while in DT. Might as well just carry 8 Ragtimes.

Yes, Buster is much stronger. Try it in the Void, a fully loaded Buster breaker (which will break afterwards) deals A LOT of damage.

And even basic Buster breaker deals more than Devil Bringer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Yes, Buster is much stronger. Try it in the Void, a fully loaded Buster breaker (which will break afterwards) deals A LOT of damage.

And even basic Buster breaker deals more than Devil Bringer.

Oh wow, I just expected the Devil Bringer to be equal or stronger and never even checked the numbers they did. I always forget that is a thing we can now do in DMC.

What about DT Devil Bringer though? I would test it myself but I won't be home for a while. It may be worth to carry Busters to break on bosses if the damage is that much higher.

6 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Oh wow, I just expected the Devil Bringer to be equal or stronger and never even checked the numbers they did. I always forget that is a thing we can now do in DMC.

What about DT Devil Bringer though? I would test it myself but I won't be home for a while. It may be worth to carry Busters to break on bosses if the damage is that much higher.

I also ignored it for a while, then I saw a guy using it and I was like "oh wow" :D

DT DB is still inferior to fully loaded Buster. IIRC (I also won't be home for a while) against an Empusa in the Void numbers were

* 225 DB 

* 4-500 Buster

* DT DB don't recall, but was still low

* 4-5000 fully loaded Buster (!!!)

* DT fully loaded Buster was the same

I found this video and a fully loaded Buster deals an insane 9225. It is probably the second strongest move after Faust meteor.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nudoetcrudo said:

I also ignored it for a while, then I saw a guy using it and I was like "oh wow" :D

DT DB is still inferior to fully loaded Buster. IIRC (I also won't be home for a while) against an Empusa in the Void numbers were

* 225 DB 

* 4-500 Buster

* DT DB don't recall, but was still low

* 4-5000 fully loaded Buster (!!!)

* DT fully loaded Buster was the same

I found this video and a fully loaded Buster deals an insane 9225. It is probably the second strongest move after Faust meteor.

Holy shit! Now the charged move with the Buster arm makes more sense. When I first got it and read what it did I thought it was a waste to break it just for super armor, since you could simply use it away from other enemies or in the air.

I kinda feel bad for the Devil Bringer D=

2 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

No video, sorry, but I did it with EX taunts. The video below shows the key idea of getting a lot of points with it.

For M8 I did.

* Use it on the first mandatory fight (2 berserk + 1 fury). It may be a bit hard to do a full EX taunt, but doesn't really matter. For the fury, just spam Ragtime (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B18MYt5rxE).

* Use it again on the second mandatory fight (2 floating goats + 1 knight). Here it's really easy to do a full taunt if you move yourself to the left of the area. Goats will never attack you, because when they get close to you they will run away (lol). The knight never went close to me.

* Then do the optional fight where the second collapsing floor is (behemot + empusa). Use the first phase of the fight (when the floor is collapsing) to build up style points and DT. You should reach at least SS style. When you fall down do a normal taunt while enemies spawn: Nero should put the hoodie on and you'll get SSS style. Destroy the behemot with DT. Clear the area. You should be all the time in SSS (SS at most) and get TONS of style points.

* Againt, EX taunt on the third and final mandatory fight (3 goats + 1 jumping monster with mask). You may not be able to do a full EX taunt (because of the masked monster), but it's still ok.

I followed this strategy on HaH and got 6200 points (so I was allowed to die twice and still get S).

Thx mate EX taunt at the beginning of the encounter right? 

29 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Holy shit! Now the charged move with the Buster arm makes more sense. When I first got it and read what it did I thought it was a waste to break it just for super armor, since you could simply use it away from other enemies or in the air.

I kinda feel bad for the Devil Bringer D=

Same, I never wanted to break any breaker because I thought it was a waste. How foolish I was lol

1 minute ago, Neme-ita said:

Thx mate EX taunt at the beginning of the encounter right? 

Yes, just find a good spot where enemies are not on screen and will take long to reach you, so you have enough time to dance.

Just now, nudoetcrudo said:

Same, I never wanted to break any breaker because I thought it was a waste. How foolish I was lol

Yes, just find a good spot where enemies are not on screen and will take long to reach you, so you have enough time to dance.

Awesome mate thx again

I'm stuck on mission 11 in hell and hell. I wanted to just clear the mode with super costumes, but I can't really abuse it. Mission 10 I was out of gold orbs at the end. I tried doing it with the hat like everyone else, but I seem to have lost all my skills. I'm more used to just playing normally instead of trying a gimmick because I just panic if something doesn't happen exactly like in the video.

I think I will go back to DMD and try to S rank some left over missions. No damage requirement really pisses me off because there's always one monkey that catches me mid fight.

Also can't wait for bloody palace, I wonder if all bosses will be available

Edited by KainDMD

On 23/3/2019 at 4:40 PM, KainDMD said:

No damage requirement really pisses me off because there's always one monkey that catches me mid fight.

I feel you pain, man. I hate having to cheese missions for the no damage bonus.

This feels required for Mission 10. It seems like enemies just give less points or something.

Yesterday I spent like an hour cheesing it by quitting to home so I wouldn't have to redo the whole thing. The problem is that that won't help me for HaH...

If only the scoring system gave a lil more points it wouldn't be a problem to get 5500 for the S while being able to die all 3 times. It would also make it that much more fun, since right now it is just frustrating.

And my problem is just with Dante. With Nero I can get enough points, even in mission 08 (last time I got over 6000 without counting the 1.2x bonus for no continues). I have so much fun with the Exceeds... Dante just has too many things for his own good, lol. I prefer the simplicity of Nero =p.

Edited by AndresLionheart

12 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

And my problem is just with Dante. With Nero I can get enough points, even in mission 08 (last time I got over 6000 without counting the 1.2x bonus for no continues). I have so much fun with the Exceeds... Dante just has too many things for his own good, lol. I prefer the simplicity of Nero =p.

I would say you're really good at Exceeds, I never got more than 5200 points in M8. 

For Dante, if your aim is only to get a S, things get much more easier. Just do what VlayerTheSlayer posted here, use Dr Faust with Gunslinger, start sending down meteors when enemies spawning, then move your camera until no enemy in sight. That pretty much ensures you can smash every mandatory fight without taking damages. The only thing you need to worry is probably the boss fight though, mainly Vergil on DMD.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BT_MIE said:

I would say you're really good at Exceeds, I never got more than 5200 points in M8. 

For Dante, if your aim is only to get a S, things get much more easier. Just do what VlayerTheSlayer posted here, use Dr Faust with Gunslinger, start sending down meteors when enemies spawning, then move your camera until no enemy in sight. That pretty much ensures you can smash every mandatory fight without taking damages. The only thing you need to worry is probably the boss fight though, mainly Vergil on DMD.

Yes, I'm really good with Exceeds, sometimes I even get Max-Acts back to back to back, lol. That's why I love playing as Nero. I had a ton of practice with that from playing DMC4 a lot back in the day, which somehow I didn't lose from not playing for 10 years..

Even when you cheese stuff with meteors you still need to do some fighting here and there to get to a minimun of 2500 points. I was watching some HaH S-Ranks yesterday and it seems I was under utilizing it though. I have been fighting more than I needed to, lol. Now I feel Mission 12 is the only one that can be a little annoying due to the real Urizen fight at the end (so happy the stage skip exists...).

Vergil is not a problem. I do that thing shown in the video with the Devil Sword Dante to hold Vergil while charging a level 3 Meteor.

One thing I noticed yesterday playing through Heaven or Hell is that some missions actually yield lower points, it wasn't just me feeling it like that. I was single shotting everything, which normally gave me from 1000 to 1200 scores. But then on mission 10 I was getting 880, and on mission 12 I was getting 760, although after beating Urizen the score jumped to over 1200. I think the score is based on types of enemies killed multiplied by the rank, and not how much damage is dealt at said rank, this could explain why a boss can make the score jump like that.

Edited by AndresLionheart

1 minute ago, AndresLionheart said:

I think the score is based on types of enemies killed multiplied by the rank, and not how much damage is dealt at said rank, this could explain why a boss can make the score jump like that.

You're probably correct, actually I haven't seen any post on discussing the style point calculation. 

But either method should be fine for you, mastering exceed helps your rank up your style with Nero extremely fast. While for people who are not good at exceed(like me), can hold enemies with the devil bringer and dance until high rank is reached before killing them. ?

You need to style the first fight in Mission 10 but the rest can be blown away with Dr. Faust. If you really feel you need the points than fight the optional fight and style that too but I didn't do it and got it. 

Also @BT_MIE, you can one shot Vergil with a LV3 Meteor. You just need that after you start charging he goes into that move where he walks around shooting swords at you which your DT will automatically block for you.

I was doing mission 10 and somehow skipped the fight with the chaoses and the goat in that long hallway right after the blue room with the hell judecca and his gang. After that room entering the long hallway on the right side there's a small entrance to a green room, if you go in some bugs will spawn. I let them come out after me, killed 3 of them and while the music was going I continued on the normal path. The next enemies didn't spawn and I could go in the room with the hellbats

4 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Mission 11 DMD 5202 points no continue 5950 pts total final score rank A this system is broken as hell 

You want to no hit it mate, best way. Make use of the close application trick to get to the boss with at least 2500 style. Then for him spawn the hat turret and just shoot him with that while doing trickster dodges. Note that shooting his shield won't damage him so try to get past him if you will so he is facing you but away from the turret.